Hacking preloader v0.1 by crediar

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:
bushing and I will be doing the conference. It's a recap and in-depth look at this past year, not a show-off of new stuff (although you might get a sneak peek at something new. Or you might not - don't count on it)

crediar is supposedly going to be around, so if you happen to be there I'm sure he won't mind some pestering.
will you be giving an as detailed presentaion as "why silicon secuity is still that hard"(xbox360) i loved that presentaion. very insitefull on how the memory pages in the 360 worked n such. maybe an in detail on how TP hack was made? or is there someone on that already? look forward to seeing you on the 28th?(well watching)

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh boy, i missed all the excitement!!!
tongue.gif

after reading 14 pages i;m kinda glad i did, i wouldn't have tested this though

as vettacossx says(it's his golden rule)... "If I didn't make it or it hasn't been tested, i'm not even going to try it."
smile.gif

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know about your pirate gods' "tools", but BootMii isn't coming out this year.

Thanks to them even. We're dealing with the ensuing Nintendo response to piracy and trying to avoid making BootMii another pirate tool.

Those that want homebrew will have to wait, and those that want piracy better not count on us for anything.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
again......Where and when can we see the 25c3?????

@ Marcan: c'mon you know you want to contribute to cSM so we (softmodders) can run our backup's thru the disc channel without even enter to the HBC or another channel....!!!
rofl2.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:
I don't know about your pirate gods' "tools", but BootMii isn't coming out this year.

Thanks to them even. We're dealing with the ensuing Nintendo response to piracy and trying to avoid making BootMii another pirate tool.

Those that want homebrew will have to wait, and those that want piracy better not count on us for anything.
what that got to do with everything, not everyone is a pirate you know, some of us actualy do backup our games, like when i 1st made the vids, i showed the original disks, could of easily downloaded them before hand. piracy always comes out from homebrew, its always been like that. the only console to not have piracy is ps3 because linux is already on there(well there one method) but nothing like the wii or psp

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
what that got to do with everything, not everyone is a pirate you know, some of us actualy do backup our games, like when i 1st made the vids, i showed the original disks, could of easily downloaded them before hand. piracy always comes out from homebrew, its always been like that. the only console to not have piracy is ps3 because linux is already on there(well there one method) but nothing like the wii or psp

Blah blah. I don't care if 1% of the users of those programs don't actually pirate. The other 99% do, and that's reason enough not to support them. Let's not have this argument again.

Piracy doesn't come from homebrew. Piracy comes from the ability to do things with a system that companies do not want you to do. There's no way around that. But there are ways of making the homebrew scene as useless to pirates as possible, so they don't get any extra help from us.

Also, all conferences are taped by the organization.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcan said:
linkinworm said:

Blah blah. I don't care if 1% of the users of those programs don't actually pirate. The other 99% do, and that's reason enough not to support them. Let's not have this argument again.

Piracy doesn't come from homebrew. Piracy comes from the ability to do things with a system that companies do not want you to do. There's no way around that. But there are ways of making the homebrew scene as useless to pirates as possible, so they don't get any extra help from us.

Get off your damn throne already. Nobody cares.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
when are the videos going to be on youtube?? and who is going to publish them???

even if I'm a Pirate, son of a Spanish Pirate, I still want to watch 25c3....!!!!

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:
linkinworm said:

well i admit the piracy is bad, but if you didnt find the exploit we wouldnt have the backup loader now, because of stuff you documented it was possible, it happened in every scene, is there any point in trying to stop it, tbh i mean, nintendo is just blocking homebrew as a whole now

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh no, not another piracy discussion. if bootmii is gimped somehow im gonna be disappointed. remember, we don't need to create any more roadblocks, nintendo has done enough of that already.

back on topic: so is there a 0.2 update somewhere or is the only one that was given out 0.1? i know crediar says he has it working on 3.2u now, but we'll have to wait on him to release it. i'm not so sure i'm happy about his app phoning home all the time to look for updates in the background.

just out of curiosity: how hard would it be to code something like this? we obviously need a way of launching the menu similar to the way games are launched by the backup loader, but i'm not sure of all the nuiances (if there are any). also, the menu doesn't need to be signed does it (other than it normally would for installationon under non hacked ios)?

SanGor

Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
oh no, not another piracy discussion. if bootmii is gimped somehow im gonna be disappointed. remember, we don't need to create any more roadblocks, nintendo has done enough of that already.

back on topic: so is there a 0.2 update somewhere or is the only one that was given out 0.1? i know crediar says he has it working on 3.2u now, but we'll have to wait on him to release it. i'm not so sure i'm happy about his app phoning home all the time to look for updates in the background.

just out of curiosity: how hard would it be to code something like this? we obviously need a way of launching the menu similar to the way games are launched by the backup loader, but i'm not sure of all the nuiances (if there are any). also, the menu doesn't need to be signed does it (other than it normally would for installationon under non hacked ios)?

HBC also phones home
ohmy.gif
so ? it's the best way to distribute updates to many users, imagine you would have to check your antivirus makers page everyday, or something like that ...

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
ppc_gba said:
Depends on your definition of gimped.

If your definition of gimped is "with deliberate, explicit limitations", then no.
If your definition of gimped is "will not deliver everything we talked about because we reconsidered things" then probably yes.

We're not creating the roadblocks. But I fully intend to leave Nintendo's roadblocks in place (that is, not do anything about them) if I can work around them for homebrew purposes. Especially when removing those roadblocks would help piracy. I also intend to steer the homebrew path away so pirates have to travel a long way across to use it for piracy.

To be more precise, if I can create a workable or better homebrew platform without hacking IOS, without fakesigning, etc, then I will. Because piracy fundamentally relies on working with Nintendo's stuff (you're running pirate Nintendo software after all), whereas homebrew can just say "screw it" and just not use any of it, limitations included. If the pirates want to pirate, they're going to have to do the work themselves.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, pick a new line. Your conclusion in every thread that I post in seems to be "marcan is pissed off at for unrelated reason ".

This has nothing to do with preloader. If you actually bothered to read the thread, you might realize that the conversation slowly trailed off into off-topic land. First it was preloader, then it was crediar at 25c3, then it was a christmas surprise, then I explained why that wouldn't happen.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
marcan, you are full of it.
ppl do the software that they want, once is released you don't have to care AT ALL what they do with it.
you are not a pirate good for you, the pirates will get what they are asking for, now you relax sit back and watch.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
kimikal27 said:
marcan, you are full of it.
ppl do the software that they want, once is released you don't have to care AT ALL what they do with it.
you are not a pirate good for you, the pirates will get what they are asking for, now you relax sit back and watch.
Another failure of a person in this forum who can't read and also can't stand the notion of someone not helping them with their warez.

I'll take your comment as encouragement to sit back, watch, and not work on anything at all. That's definitely the guaranteed happy option for me. You pirates can work it out yourselves.

Why do I even bother posting here I will never know.
Oh well, it'll all be over when bootmii comes out and the warez kids realize that it won't make wad manager / pirate loader work, and they'll have to actually (*gasp*) do the work themselves.

Then maybe the blatant "please give me warez capabilities" posts will start, and right about then is when I'll close my account here.

Or maybe I should just close it now.

Yeah, how about that. Early christmas present!

*click*

Have fun, kids.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol