Predictions for switch 2

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody would want to teardown their Switch just so they can update or add one or more files. microSD's are dirt cheap and easier to utilise, it also cuts down the cost of the hardware.

If it was a later gen SoC, then updates for the NVidia drivers would have to be pushed out for every single game or system update, so that the games can run correctly on the hardware.
You don't own a PS5 do you?
I think Nintendo's engineers are as smart as Sony's engineers and could figure out how to make it just as easy to swap in an NVMe drive.
Post automatically merged:

I think they have something coming, who knows what, but they no dummies, and they want our money so...
Yep, exactly! Sales have been dropping every year for the past few years, from 29m units to 23m units to 18m units. If that trend continues, it'll be 14m units next.

Last edited by madisonswitch,

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm worried Nintendo will throw their hat into the VR space.

I personally don't want this though. Especially as when Nintendo do a gimmick they tend to go all in so games will be built very much around using VR and only VR. But we'll see.

As long as S2 is backwards compatible and people can use S1 exploits on it like the WiiU with its Wii b/c and the 3DS with its DS b/c then that's all I care about.

Oh and I hope it has fast charge too. Like modern smartphones. Fast charge rules. 1:1 charging SUCKS

Reactions: k7ra

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried Nintendo will throw their hat into the VR space.

I personally don't want this though. Especially as when Nintendo do a gimmick they tend to go all in so games will be built very much around using VR and only VR. But we'll see.

As long as S2 is backwards compatible and people can use S1 exploits on it like the WiiU with its Wii b/c and the 3DS with its DS b/c then that's all I care about.

Oh and I hope it has fast charge too. Like modern smartphones. Fast charge rules. 1:1 charging SUCKS
Bringing back the virtual boy and the power glove! :rofl2:

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to flop, just as the Wii U did after the Wii. The cycle continues..
Unless it's crackable like V1 switch 😂

I hope and I pray that at the very least nintendo adds more themes and a 1080p display.
Only thing that's matter to me is that it's crackable since the beginning, other stuffs aren't that important

Y'all know it's going to be a chip made 2 years ago. It will probably be just a slight upgrade with like faster chip with minimal raytracing support with dlss/fsr to make up for low res. They will add something like the vitality sensor to force people to buy new controllers.
Typical Nintendo, making as much money as possible by delivering the lowest quality hardware as possible, but it's enough to run all those mario games.... After all, that's the main goal of Nintendo, to sell as many Mario/Zelda games as possible. AAA games like GTA6 has never been Nintendo's goal.

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because a bunch of people rely on misinformation as their source, even Shuntaro Furukawa told everybody that they don't have plans for another Switch model.

he's the head of nintendo, he's not stupid

that was from an earnings call right before holiday shopping season

only a really really stupid ceo would confirm rumors and kill sales going into the holiday season

we all know he's not stupid

basic ceo 101

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: know what? fuck you guys, i've decided to curse you guys with some knowledge: i'm too sexy by...