Hacking [PPOTW] Will you buy a Gateway 3DS flashcard?

Will you buy a Gateway 3DS flashcard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have not much time for games recently... Plus I'll gladly support great devs who come out with great titles.

Besides, Gateway is still new. It's definitely full of flaws for a first release cart.
I won't get gateway. Probably in the near future I might get myself a proper 3DS flashcart with homebrew possibilities but nah to this one.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty, one of the major short term things that scares me about the Gateway is the fact that a major new pokemon game comes out 2 and a half months after this card.... The pokeflood..... And the possibility that the Gatway may not work on the required firmware to run them by that time lol, may mean a LOT of angry and annoying..... people.

But yeah, hoping soft modding will kill off the flash cart market. I won't buy one at launch, and I will never buy a Gateway in all of the history of its future existence.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
with awesome games coming like rune factory 4, pokemon xy, mario games, etc. not to mention the current games that i'm backlogging already... *sigh* hahaha. then again, i'm still considering when this cart is able to bypass region-locking. :D

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with awesome games coming like rune factory 4, pokemon xy, mario games, etc. not to mention the current games that i'm backlogging already... *sigh* hahaha. then again, i'm still considering when this cart is able to bypass region-locking. :D

Good luck on that part. We have no idea what exploit they're using, and it may not even be possible with the exploit they're using. Also, if theyre stuck on 4.5, im weary that theyll ever get it running on any future versions.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this will not happen until they find a way to block/skip game updates (as games from other regions will have updates for the other region's firmware)

beundertaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that is incorrect, don't make general assumptions. HackYourConsole (whom I ordered from immediately) have not charged my credit card and they have stated that they will not until it is in stock and shipped.

whoop de freakin do. the majority of the pre-sellers are charging before shipping. if i knew that site was doing that, then i would have purchased from there

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said that I was going to sell it , it's just that at the minute there are no games that make me want to play it, but I've just ordered AC : NL so I might start using it again.

I was saying that in a few months/years when there is a larger library of games that I may purchase a 3DS flashcart

My bad I thought you never used it =)

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that I won't buy one in the future...I just won't buy this one. I want one that at least bypasses region locking.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Voted yes, because I've only bought a few games since the 3DS' launch and I've yet to experience a good deal of the "must have" titles.

Cave Story
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Donkey Kong Returns 3D
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Starfox 64 3D
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
New Super Mario Bros 2
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers
Tales of the Abyss
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Rayman Origins
Project X Zone
Heroes of Ruin
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!
Sonic Generations

Which I'd gladly pay $80 for. Of course many people have already played these, but I haven't. So it'd warrant the purchase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay