Hacking Post your WiiU cheat codes here!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, once TCPGecko is connected to your console you can do comparisons of any value in the RAM to a previous state (initial dump).
If you do a greater than search you will be left with all addresses which values have increased compared to the previous dump/scan.
If you do searches like these according to a value, for example money/ammo/health you will filter its address out of all others.

In the beginning you should set up TCPGecko to be searching in the right memory range. Set the range itemBox to 10 (the third item). Right next to it set the memory range from 10000000 to 3B000000. If you keep it at 50000000 the Scan/dump will freeze at about 93% because the debugger tries to access an unused or nonexisting memory area.
For value that are always smaller than 255 (or better 127) you should select 8bit as datasice. for enything between 255 and 65.000 select 16bit. anything above 32bit.
For instance, if you want to get a money cheat code look at the current amount of money and enter its value into the search's textBox. Rightclick it and click "convert dec to hex". Now do an equal to search by selecting this as scan methid and click the Scan button.
It may take about 10 minutes to dump the range of 10000000 to 3B000000 (probably even longer if you'r wii u is far away from the router).
While the RAM is being dumped do NOT collect more money!
as soon as the dump is finished you have to gain or loose money. Now enter the new value into the textBox, convert it to hex and do another equal to search. Repeat this until you are left with a few possible results and start poking. if nothing happens, change the room to see if the code is working.

I think this is very basically explained :)
How did you get gecko on your wiiu gamepad? is says connected on my pc but its not on my wiiu gamepad screen anywhere?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking on the tv. Well, you can also let the game being displayed on the pad
Thanks for the above info I am trying out Yoshi now. Does it usually take along time to dump when you press search again at the end after you have changed values?

Sorry what do you click on next to inject these changes nothing is happening to the game itself?

Last edited by Reecey,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking about to make the first tcpgecko tut this weekend :)
Cool thanks :P

I am in the program, but I have no idea about what to do! :D

At least my wiiu connected to tcgpgacko :P

Reactions: CosmoCortney

loco365

Trophies
XP
Damn it I wish support for 5.4.0 would happen soon. I'd like to mess around with MK8 and WWHD, especially to see about loading all the unused rooms. It'd be really nice for TCRF documentation.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Damn it I wish support for 5.4.0 would happen soon. I'd like to mess around with MK8 and WWHD, especially to see about loading all the unused rooms. It'd be really nice for TCRF documentation.
I want to post the recently discovered beta weapon in nano assault neo to tcrf :D
well, i have found the address in wind waker to load (beta)levels. the problem is that i dont know how to get the beta levels' values and we'd need to make permanent RAM writes for them to load (or an asm solution)

Reactions: MiZ J0K3R

loco365

Trophies
XP
I want to post the recently discovered beta weapon in nano assault neo to tcrf :D
well, i have found the address in wind waker to load (beta)levels. the problem is that i dont know how to get the beta levels' values and we'd need to make permanent RAM writes for them to load (or an asm solution)
What about intercepting during a new room load? Or perhaps there might be a debug application still left in it like the GC version did. I'll have to take a peek at it, I think I have the DiscFS on my laptop here.

CosmoCortney

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
Doing ramdump of mariokart 8 just for fun yay! I have no ideas of what I am doing :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My wiiu froze during ramdump! yay :D

The console freezes when you dump somewhere further than 3B000000. Just limit the 10 memory range to 3B000000 :)

Reactions: Aldizzle86

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The console freezes when you dump somewhere further than 3B000000. Just limit the 10 memory range to 3B000000 :)
I didn't know that, but at least I got a 368mb ram dump from dump10.bin :P

Now I just need to know what to do with it :P

CosmoCortney

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't know that, but at least I got a 368mb ram dump from dump10.bin :P

Now I just need to know what to do with it :P
"only" 368MB?
Didnt know the game uses so less memory. I could dump the Mii Maker's and Nano Assault Neo's RAM until 0x30000000 and got 704MB for both.
Well, I haven't really tested anything with mk8 myself so far.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
"only" 368MB?
Didnt know the game uses so less memory. I could dump the Mii Maker's and Nano Assault Neo's RAM until 0x30000000 and got 704MB for both.
Well, I haven't really tested anything with mk8 myself so far.
Well like I said, the wiiu crashed during the process :P

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The PAL/Disk Wind Waker code also work with the NTSC-U/Disk version!
Skeet1983 has sent me a RAM dump and then I have noticed that all addresses match. Thanks for testing @Skeet1983 :)
Do you need my 368mb incomplete ram dump of mk8? :D

Reactions: CosmoCortney

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...