Post Unpopular Gaming Opinions

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash 4 is my least favorite smash. I really like some of the additions to the roster but I think that the physics are the worst in the series. Brawl is the best except for tripping.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Dark Souls is terrible. Not for being hard, but being slow, boring, tedious, repetitive, and uninteresting. The combat system has redeeming qualities, but the overall game design is exasperating and monotonous.

The Metal Gear Solid games have HILARIOUSLY terrible writing, and I genuinely love it. It's difficult for me to understand the subset of pseudo-intellectuals who praise its deep narrative. I'd say it's 15% legitimate drama and character with 70% being something I'd expect to see in a blatant parody and the remaining 15% are psychological and scientific fallacies. I actually enjoy the stories, though, for how much they genuinely make me laugh, and I'm not talking the "ohohoho, I'm so far above you, pleb. I derive pleasure from how stupid you are" I mean the "HAH! That's genuinely fucking genius! ...they're serious? Well, I still think it's funny."

Classic Final Fantasy's turn-based combat is, from what I can tell, objectively shallower than most other combat systems. It allows for less and requires less of the player. My best guess as to why people still continue to praise it is nostalgia, but I honestly don't know. All I know is, it's way past its expiration date, and it's time to let go.

Pokemon got stale at Black and White. That gen is by far my least favorite. Also, what's with the praise for the game's recognition of pokemon being used as slaves? Wasn't that theme brought up in gen1? Seriously, that same line is used to criticize the Rockets, almost verbatim. The theme just came at the proper time for the audience in B/W, so everyone glomp'd on the hype train, minds drunk with mutual self-assurance.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paper Mario Sticker Star was actually pretty fun. Super Paper Mario was great as well. (Popular opinion: the Thousand Year Door is the best in the series!)

Reactions: Lightyose

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't give a shit about open world games. It was an interesting concept when there were a just few big ones. The whole you can do whatever you want concept is stale now and IMO wears off in general when you play a game that's actually worth putting focus into to. It's overdone to hell now and I don't think there's anything unique about most of them. The only open world games I can actually say I've enjoyed are the Fable games (really like the impact of your actions, and that they're a lot less serious than games of the same genre), Morrowind, Oblivion, and the Xenoblade games.
Weeb comments incoming.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Fox Zero is a damn fine game, so is Star Fox Assault. Adventures doesn't deserve the hate it gets either, though for different reasons.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't give a shit about open world games. It was an interesting concept when there were a just few big ones. The whole you can do whatever you want concept is stale now and IMO wears off in general when you play a game that's actually worth putting focus into to. It's overdone to hell now and I don't think there's anything unique about most of them. The only open world games I can actually say I've enjoyed are the Fable games (really like the impact of your actions, and that they're a lot less serious than games of the same genre), Morrowind, Oblivion, and the Xenoblade games.
Weeb comments incoming.
Didn't care for Skyrim I take it?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Valid opinion. Sometimes it's a constant struggle trying to decide if Super Paper Mario or TTYD is better....

EDIT: At least for me it is.
Oh, trust me, TTYD is pretty damn close.

Also, very unpopular opinion: I loved Skyward Sword and I didn't mind the motion controls or Fi. Twilight Princess is my least favourite console Zelda game.

Reactions: Lightyose

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, trust me, TTYD is pretty damn close.

Also, very unpopular opinion: I loved Skyward Sword and I didn't mind the motion controls or Fi. Twilight Princess is my least favourite console Zelda game.
I haven't even played Skyward Sword yet :P. However, I actually hear it's pretty good. Wait...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It really is a shame that VI didn't get a DS remake :/
Or just a proper remake. I would buy a full FFVI remake over the upcoming cut-in-parts FFVII anytime!

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...