Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should. I'm not sure if it does on 11.0 though.
Darn. xD
Oh well, maybe it'll be updated.
Oh, would the cia compatibility rely on what model the 3DS is?
For example, if you had a 3ds with Dark Moon pre-installed, then you tried installing a Dream Team cia, would it work? or no, because it's not the game that the system originally had installed?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about a Hombrew application that downloads cia files one at a time from a directory on your computer via wifi, so that you can play without the need of an EmuNAND? In other words, you would just be virtually swapping out game cards. Like, it'd be so cool if you could mount/unmount the games from your sd card via wifi.
Also, since its on Homebrew, all the system would have to do is load up the game, just like an EmuNAND would, without the threat of bricking. (I think)

I know its far fetched but I'm just curious.
No, you need CFW to run backup games. Just homebrew alone can't do it. You could achieve something like this with a9lh though, since it can load CFW on your sysNAND, removing the need for an emuNAND. As far as swapping the games out, you could use the N3DS built in sd card manager, or a homebrew FTP server like ftbrony. Fair warning though, wifi file transfer is pretty slow.

EDIT: There are a few "legit" game cia's that WILL work on sysNAND.... but they are far and few and I'm not sure if they still work on 11.0 or not. I've never used one myself.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

MochaMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you need CFW to run backup games. Just homebrew alone can't do it. You could achieve something like this with a9lh though, since it can load CFW on your sysNAND, removing the need for an emuNAND. As far as swapping the games out, you could use the N3DS built in sd card manager, or a homebrew FTP server like ftbrony. Fair warning though, wifi file transfer is pretty slow.
I'm on FW 11.(something, forgot) using an o3ds though.
I should prooobably consider putting my system details on my comment thingy sometime.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on FW 11.(something, forgot) using an o3ds though.
I should prooobably consider putting my system details on my comment thingy sometime.
Sorry to hear that. 11.0 is NOT downgrade-able without a hardmod and might never be with the changes Nintendo made. Lesson learned, if you plan to hack a game system NEVER UPDATE. Lower firmware = more exploits. Almost the ENTIRE point of console updates is to patch hacks, bugs, and exploits.

MochaMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that. 11.0 is NOT downgrade-able without a hardmod and might never be with the changes Nintendo made. Lesson learned, if you plan to hack a game system NEVER UPDATE. Lower firmware = more exploits. Almost the ENTIRE point of console updates is to patch hacks, bugs, and exploits.
Dang. Well, I guess I always have Homebrew emulators and stuffs to tinker with instead. ^^

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What's the likelihood of a PC game like Age of Empires being ported/tooled to homebrew? The best I can find is a github of an open-source project that borrows assets and other files from the game, but it's far from being anything usable/playable.

D

Deleted User

What's the likelihood of a PC game like Age of Empires being ported/tooled to homebrew? The best I can find is a github of an open-source project that borrows assets and other files from the game, but it's far from being anything usable/playable.
Depends on how many people are willing to work on it, if any at all.
I'd love to do it, it sounds fun, but the only programming language I know is Perl, and there's no Perl interpreter for 3DS and I'm not that great at programming in Perl, either.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
D

Deleted User

To bad... :/
It might happen eventually, though. CTR Aging has a test that makes the 3DS LEDs flash all the possible colours they can become, and if someone reverse engineers the code for that specifically, then we might be able to figure out how to do it safely.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Owarai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(different topic) I have an interesting concept: Is it possible to load a custom NAND that is, unlike the stock 3DS, loads something like the Wii? This way, emulators won't be needed (and they're slow anyways too!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Your supposed to hang that up on the wall for show, not swallow it.