Hacking Possible SDXC support?

Diabolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hello there... It seems that I've gotten attached to this thread now. I also have an SDXC... So, is an SDXC real? Or fake/copy/clone?
Anyways, is this all for making it compatible with the Wii (or something like that)? Because I would like it to have an update to work with the DSi XL update ver1.4.3U... Hopefully. If this is a request thread... If it's not, do whatever you want with this post.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there... It seems that I've gotten attached to this thread now. I also have an SDXC... So, is an SDXC real? Or fake/copy/clone?
Anyways, is this all for making it compatible with the Wii (or something like that)? Because I would like it to have an update to work with the DSi XL update ver1.4.3U... Hopefully. If this is a request thread... If it's not, do whatever you want with this post.

Whats being suggested here, is that you format the SDXC card to fat32 with the tool of your choice, and in theory it should work just like any SDHC card, but no one in this thread (up until you) has claimed to have an SDXC card, so no one has been able to test the theory, you would be a great candidate to do so though. So if you can, format your SDXC card to fat32 and see if you can run homebrew and whatnot from it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The link I originally had appears to have gone ( http://svenpeter.blogspot.com/2008/11/sdhc-support-for-wii.html ) but a partial quote still exists http://fathertom.net/hardwii/?p=181 with a few other snippets dotted around.

Diabolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
dude, this is the wii hacking forum

u interested in trying to format your SDXC card to work on the Wii?
I'm also interested in that, too.

Whats being suggested here, is that you format the SDXC card to fat32 with the tool of your choice, and in theory it should work just like any SDHC card, but no one in this thread (up until you) has claimed to have an SDXC card, so no one has been able to test the theory, you would be a great candidate to do so though. So if you can, format your SDXC card to fat32 and see if you can run homebrew and whatnot from it.
Okay, sure... But not now. If you are telling me to try if it works for homebrew on Wii, then I'm afraid I can't do it now. I'm currently in Sri Lanka, and I brought all and stuff, but I left the WiiMotes at Thailand... (stupid me). Anyways, by SDXC, I meant R4i SDXC (just in case). I'll try when my mother brings the WiiMotes to Sri Lanka (if I remember correctly, (my memory sucks, so...) I think she will go and get it in March/April/May. :P

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try when my mother brings the WiiMotes to Sri Lanka (if I remember correctly, (my memory sucks, so...) I think she will go and get it in March/April/May. :P

ಠ_ಠ

You are hereby suspended from GBAtemp until such a time when your mom gets off her butt and brings you the aforementioned wiimotes! *bangs his gavel*

Seriously man, everybody is looking for people to test SDXC compatibility before they buy any such memory for themselves.
Quit teasing people!

Diabolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'll try when my mother brings the WiiMotes to Sri Lanka (if I remember correctly, (my memory sucks, so...) I think she will go and get it in March/April/May. :P

ಠ_ಠ

You are hereby suspended from GBAtemp until such a time when your mom gets off her butt and brings you the aforementioned wiimotes! *bangs his gavel*

Seriously man, everybody is looking for people to test SDXC compatibility before they buy any such memory for themselves.
Quit teasing people!
NOOOOEZ! WHY ME!!! But it's not MY fault! My mother said clearly that SHE was going to pack the Wii and stuff, and yet SHE was the one who forgot! UNSUSPEND ME NOW AND SUSPEND MY MOTHER INSTEAD! NOW!!!

Reactions: 1 person

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hmm well i would love to test it out but i dont have SDXC currently. i do plan on buying a SDHC 32GB class 10 soon tho for my 3DS.

i wish there was some kinda enclosure of sorts like an hdd tower  that takes multiple sd cards & has a ribbon that fits in the sd card slot.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +1