Hacking Possible new exploit

_V1qY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've received a tip that the new game Moshi Monsters Kastumi contains an exploit. It's highly possible, we've seen game save exploits in the past like cookhax on the DSi. Hopefully this will get released.

Edit, more info:

As Foxi4 has said; there are other games which are released which contain exploits, but are currently not available to the public. From what I gather, save files have to be powers of 2 in size, so like 512 Kb or whatever. Due to this, there is a portion of the save file which Is not used at all, and has no checksum attached to it. I'm unsure as to how the game somehow just jumps to this address. But I'm no hacker. We'll just have to wait and see.

And to answer another question, the game is available in EU, US and JAp regions.

D

Deleted User

i kinda doubt it.
Of course it is possible, but this games sounds japanese... so if it will be out - japanese consoles only can access this exploit. Correct me if I am wrong.
Where did you get that information? I'm curious about that

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
According to 3DBrew, coders are very much aware of exploitable 3DS games that can give usermode or kernel access, however the inconvenience of modifying the save files on the cartridge defeats the purpose of using them as a wide-spread exploit so they're looking into different methods. Posting the name of the game in question serves no purpose other than grabbing the developer's attention and notifying them that they need to patch the game before an exploit is even released. Hint - don't do that.

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
I also received a tip about an expoit in Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut 3D.
I can´t provide a source, have any reputation or can name my referrer, but you
should buy it anyway.

I also will now abandon this thread.

Reactions: Celice and signz

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to 3DBrew, coders are very much aware of exploitable 3DS games that can give usermode or kernel access, however the inconvenience of modifying the save files on the cartridge defeats the purpose of using them as a wide-spread exploit so they're looking into different methods.

On the other hand, isn't that basically what the iEvolution was for the DSi? It used a game containing an exploit (which the user had to supply a ROM of and load onto the flashcart) and went into DSi mode using a save file hack for the game.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
On the other hand, isn't that basically what the iEvolution was for the DSi? It used a game containing an exploit (which the user had to supply a ROM of and load onto the flashcart) and went into DSi mode using a save file hack for the game.

With the very simple difference of not being a pain to perform. 3DBrew has no intention of releasing any hardware whatsoever - as it stands today, swapping save files on 3DS cartridges requires a dongle and even then the saves are encrypted and whatnot so it's not a simple matter of copy-pasting code.

_V1qY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, what you are talking about is CookHax.

As Foxi4 has said; there are other games which are released which contain exploits, but are currently not available to the public. From what I gather, save files have to be powers of 2 in size, so like 512 Kb or whatever. Due to this, there is a portion of the save file which Is not used at all, and has no checksum attached to it. I'm unsure as to how the game somehow just jumps to this address. But I'm no hacker. We'll just have to wait and see.

_V1qY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The discoverer of the hack does not want to be named at this early on in the process, I'd hope you would respect this, but well this is GBATemp :P. They were involved in the Gameboy Advanced scene, and a bit of DS stuff though.

To all of you who are outright denying this because you are butthurt that your flashcard site was down for a bit, just wait and see...

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The discoverer of the hack does not want to be named at this early on in the process, I'd hope you would respect this, but well this is GBATemp :P. They were involved in the Gameboy Advanced scene, and a bit of DS stuff though.

To all of you who are outright denying this because you are butthurt that your flashcard site was down for a bit, just wait and see...

Save exploits are impractical. So while this may be interesting for console modders, it's not for the average user, unfortunately.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm assuming you're talking about Gateway in your last sentence. Who said anything about Gateway? You're the one that keeps bringing it up all the time. Like drama much?

Also, you're reporting this and trusting us to take your word for it because the discoverer wishes not to be named so early in the process. I have two problems believing you: 1. You've proven to be trollish in other threads, simply because your views on the best 3DS flashcart differ from other people's. This hurts your credibility pretty bad in my opinion. And 2. Why even bring this up at all if you can't provide proof that it's true?

All in all, I don't believe any of this, and it doesn't look like your thread is really taking off in the direction you expected. Were you trolling all along and expecting to ruffle a few feathers? Because if so, bravo! You've succeeded! If this wasn't your intention, then I'm sorry about your thread. :(

Rainbowsixvegas6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Hopefully this new exploit kill those shitty copy cats clones.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hopefully this new exploit kill those shitty copy cats clones.

This is one of the stupider comments I've seen on this site, and that's saying something. There is absolutely zero indication that this "new exploit" (which there is no proof it actually exists) is in anyway related to any flash card, and in fact it is quite clearly stated that (if it exists, which I wouldn't recommend putting too much faith in) it is an game based exploit, so most likely not useful for any flash card. From the tone of your post, it is clear you think Gateway is superior (purely because it copied the nickname exploit first, I guess) and you somehow think this exploit would return it to it's "rightful place" as market leader, which is a stupid notion seeing as this exploit has no relation to any of the cards.

Reactions: Duo8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu