Hacking Possible Brick

Punisher60

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my firmware using chidojour (spelling?). I could not power on without injecting payload. I now know why. Before I understood what was going on I restored my nand file. Now I am getting a fatal error. I do not have a backup of my boot0/1. Have I bricked my switch?

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I updated my firmware using chidojour (spelling?). I could not power on without injecting payload. I now know why. Before I understood what was going on I restored my nand file. Now I am getting a fatal error. I do not have a backup of my boot0/1. Have I bricked my switch?
Doubtful bricked.

It will not power on without payload injection because of fuse mismatch sir.

What error are you getting?

And which firmware are you using?

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Punisher60

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubtful bricked.

It will not power on without payload injection because of fuse mismatch sir.

What error are you getting?

And which firmware are you using?

I started on OFW 7.01. Updated by using choidujour to 8.01.I backed up the original 7.01 nand. I also backed up the 8.01 nand after update
The error reads "Failed to configure controller"; "Failed to initialize the SMDC driver"; Fatal error: Failed to initialize the SD card"

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I started on OFW 7.01. Updated by using choidujour to 8.01.I backed up the original 7.01 nand. I also backed up the 8.01 nand after update
The error reads "Failed to configure controller"; "Failed to initialize the SMDC driver"; Fatal error: Failed to initialize the SD card"
Hmmm...

What id try is... This will factory reset the unit btw
On 8.0.1 fw...
1) in the boot repair package, one of them, there should be some blank Boot0/1 files... Look for some for your 8.0.1 firmware... Restore these using either etcher, win 32 disk imager or my hekate mod (switchboot) using the ignore size check option

2) then mount your emmc in hacdiskmount... System/bis key 2 into /save and delete everything apart from 8000000000000120

3) delete savemeta if it exists

4) mount "USER" and make sure every folder is empty

5) boot atmosphere with Sig patches(via fusee primary)

Last edited by mattytrog,

Punisher60

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help...I may need more details on the steps.
1. Where do i find the boot repair package?
2. How to accomplish?

Again, your help is greatly appreciated!

Punisher60

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help...I may need more details on the steps.
1. Where do i find the boot repair package?
2. How to accomplish?

Again, your help is greatly appreciated!
I did some searching and found your github. Can you tell me which files I should be downloading

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason it would not come on with out injecting payload was because auto RCM was turned on when you used chidojour.... that is what it was supposed to do. it is meant to prevent you from going into OFW and burning fuses.

Punisher60

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason it would not come on with out injecting payload was because auto RCM was turned on when you used chidojour.... that is what it was supposed to do. it is meant to prevent you from going into OFW and burning fuses.
Thank you. I found that out after I screwed things up. My fault for not being patient.
With that in mind, if I update this way again do I need to stay in auto rcm, or is this only on the first reboot after the update.

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I found that out after I screwed things up. My fault for not being patient.
With that in mind, if I update this way again do I need to stay in auto rcm, or is this only on the first reboot after the update.

It always stays on unless you turn it off, but then you would have to inject payload plus hold volume up+power to boot into CFW anyway. if I was use I would leave AutoRCM on anyway.. Plus with AUTORCM you dont need a Jig when you inject payload.

Take out your SD card, turn on your switch inject payload. now it will go to Hekate or what ever payload you have... put your SD card back in and restore your 8.01 nand backup... Use with exfat support

Last edited by Undwiz,

Punisher60

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...

What id try is... This will factory reset the unit btw
On 8.0.1 fw...
1) in the boot repair package, one of them, there should be some blank Boot0/1 files... Look for some for your 8.0.1 firmware... Restore these using either etcher, win 32 disk imager or my hekate mod (switchboot) using the ignore size check option

2) then mount your emmc in hacdiskmount... System/bis key 2 into /save and delete everything apart from 8000000000000120

3) delete savemeta if it exists

4) mount "USER" and make sure every folder is empty

5) boot atmosphere with Sig patches(via fusee primary)
Is there a tutorial that will explain how to do what you have recommended

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably cos of post count. Just let me catch up making these rawnands for people then I`ll be right with you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...