Hacking Portal 2 EBOOT fix

Formosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have been trying to patch the game with the new EBOOT fix but can't get it to work. After overwriting the EBOOT and other files then start the game, I always get a meesage asking me to upgrade the firmware to 3.60. Am I missing something? Do I have to modify some other files myself? TIA for help.

Formosan

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might need to spoof to a higher firmware number. i never got the game running, i got a large triangle with an ! in it. these eboots for some reason or another are always troublesome.

Formosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might need to spoof to a higher firmware number. i never got the game running, i got a large triangle with an ! in it. these eboots for some reason or another are always troublesome.
Are you running the EU version (BLES01222)? That's what I got too. However for US version (BLUS30732) I always get the firmware update message.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You might also need to patch the param.sfo (usually the backup loader asks you if you want to patch it when you mount the game if it detects a required firmware above the one you currently have. accept to patch it).

It's only a possibility, I don't know if this game is problematic or not, if it needs specific settings/fixes/etc.

Formosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might also need to patch the param.sfo (usually the backup loader asks you if you want to patch it when you mount the game if it detects a required firmware above the one you currently have. accept to patch it).

It's only a possibility, I don't know if this game is problematic or not, if it needs specific settings/fixes/etc.

I just tried modifying param.sfo and set the firmware version to 3.55. However when trying to run the game message still shows up asking me to upgrade firmware. Anyone ever get it working? TIA for any info.

Formosan

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would install a spoofer and always delete the update folder for every game. I just tested out rune factory with a modified eboot and its original sfo which says 3.70 in multiman, and the game boots up without a problem. I have a 4.20 spoofer installed as well. u will receive a decryption error if there's a problem rather than it asking u to update.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've read on PS3hax (on 16/08/2012) that a game's patch (Walking dead) was done badly, and you had to install the pkg AFTER setting a spoofed version.
If you installed the patch while the console was still on an old firmware version information (not spoofed), you had to run "rebuild database" to patch the sfo correctly.

That's because the group who released the patch forgot to patch the param.sfo too, so you had to either:
- spoof the firmware version, and install the pkg, or
- install the pkg and rebuild the data base from the rescue menu, or
- extract the pkg, edit the .sfo, rebuild the pkg, install it.

Try installing a spoofer and see if it works.
If not, you may have to rebuild the database (only if it's the same problem as Walking dead).

It may not be the correct solution to your problem, it's just something similar (game asking for update).
Please, be careful when you do things to your firmware.

Formosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read on PS3hax (on 16/08/2012) that a game's patch (Walking dead) was done badly, and you had to install the pkg AFTER setting a spoofed version.
If you installed the patch while the console was still on an old firmware version information (not spoofed), you had to run "rebuild database" to patch the sfo correctly.

That's because the group who released the patch forgot to patch the param.sfo too, so you had to either:
- spoof the firmware version, and install the pkg, or
- install the pkg and rebuild the data base from the rescue menu, or
- extract the pkg, edit the .sfo, rebuild the pkg, install it.

Try installing a spoofer and see if it works.
If not, you may have to rebuild the database (only if it's the same problem as Walking dead).

It may not be the correct solution to your problem, it's just something similar (game asking for update).
Please, be careful when you do things to your firmware.
Thanks godreborn and Cyan for the advise! I am not familiar with firmware spoofing so I'll do some research first before I give it a try.

Shahzadjamil

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Same problem with me , i am using the BCES version , i got it download using torrent its a game by [Duplex] and so it's eboot
patch, tell me do have to over write the eboot.bin in the USRDIR folder before doing backup, if not then how?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7