Homebrew Question [POLL] What do you want from Nintendo Switch Homebrew?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 14,924
  • Replies 157
  • Likes 3

What do you want from Switch Homebrew?

• Total voters

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's what I want in the order of importance for me:

1. RetroArch
  2. save manager
  3. a way to play >3.0.0 games on my 3.0.0 Switch
  4. eShop access on 3.0.0 (via some kind of NNU Patcher)
  5. KODI (to consume things from my NAS) or at least any other media player to begin with
  6. FW spoofing to play MK8D online while being on 3.0.0
  7. a way to use hard drives to expand the memory at least in dock mode
  8. a way to run Android apps (either by dual booting into Android or by some kind of Android framework for Switch OS)
  9. themes
  10. backup loader (something like Loadiine)
Believe me or not but I really don't care for loading backups aka piracy that much for now.
I know you might count RetroArch as piracy as well but I wouldn't buy VC games anyway so Nintendo isn't missing any money from me here.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

1. RetroArch
  2. save manager
  5. KODI (to consume things from my NAS) or at least any other media player to begin with
  8. a way to run Android apps (either by dual booting into Android or by some kind of Android framework for Switch OS)
  9. themes
Believe me or not but I really don't care for loading backups aka piracy that much for now.
I know you might count RetroArch as piracy as well but I wouldn't buy VC games anyway so Nintendo isn't missing any money from me here.
nice necrobump lol

D

Deleted User

OP

1. RetroArch
  2. save manager
  9. themes
good ideas!, i honestly forgot about kodi and i use it like crazy sometimes i want a youtube badly

X2XO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being able to undub games is what matters the most to me.
Having save managers would be great too.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amusing to see emulators and piracy listed separately.
Yes, emulators are legal. But there ain't no way you're dumping your own SNES ROMs.
There are plenty of people who dump their own ROMs. Most people download them. I'd like to think that a lot of those people at least only download games that they own.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to miss out on any new features in future updates, so I'm ambivalent for now. At least until the system has all its features. It took the 3DS a while to get all of its features.
After that, if there is any way to legitly purchase the latest games (no piracy for me), both physical and eShop, and get features like save management or mods, that'd be great.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

That's why I wrote this. If you call me a pirat nonetheless I guess I would have to live with that. :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, emulators are legal. But there ain't no way you're dumping your own SNES ROMs.

Yeah, there are totally so many companies earning money from their Snes games. Oh wait. Well, gee, if the tools to dump ROMs weren't so sodding expensive...

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of people who dump their own ROMs. Most people download them. I'd like to think that a lot of those people at least only download games that they own.
If you actually think that you are only fooling yourself. From what I've seen, a majority of the games that a majority of rom users have they do not own. Back in high school we passed around full rom sets. I even remember halo CE got passed around and we had lan parties when there was a substitute. Most people there didn't even own the system they were emulating, let alone games for it. I'd be willing to bet that everyone who uses emulation has emulated games and systems they don't own.

D

Deleted User

OP

1. RetroArch
  2. save manager
  9. themes
The saddest part is that I don't see any thing that mentions original content. All I see are things that can be used to bypass restrictions set by wanting homebrew.
What happened to the original games? What happened to wanting to boot into the HBL and seeing 50 different, unique, fun games to play?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids +1