ROM Hack Pokemon X and Y Battle Analyzer

fierce waffle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the help of the data released on decrypting PKX's and a lot of trial and error, I was able to make this.
vX855pg.png

I am hoping the release of this, along with its source code will further influence the exploitation of Pokemon X and Y and possibly help us get even a little closer to injecting pokemon.
Source : Removed
Binary : Removed

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait, so does this allow you to view the entire enemy team stats and moves during the battle? If so, ugh.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
With the help of the data released on decrypting PKX's and a lot of trial and error, I was able to make this.
vX855pg.png

I am hoping the release of this, along with its source code will further influence the exploitation of Pokemon X and Y and possibly help us get even a little closer to injecting pokemon.

Another one? There was just one released that shows the chosen move.
You're the same guy that originally posted this on reddit it seems. Looks like you added team viewing as well right? I don't believe that was in the original version, correct?
This is going to ruin competitive battling, but I'm not a competitive player and I trust my friends will not use this app, so I'm not bothered by it myself.
I will probably try it out myself just for fun, but I won't be using it in any serious battles.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting, if you want I will stick it up on filetrip fierce waffle.

Whats the point to play then?
Are you arguing this breaks the game?
Though I can not defend it as easily as straight legal injection and creation (which is to say I have to actually try defending it) in a world of prebaked guides to creating the best mons I have to wonder how bad this would really be, especially if you are going to rebattle. On the other hand this might be pretty killer for mid level play.

Wonder if tournament types will find a user for it.
Edit
Hold on a second is this X64 only? I get a "not a valid Win32 application"

Edit 2. I have to run for a while but in the meantime I put both downloads up on filetrip
http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/utilities/download-pokemon-x-and-y-battle-analyzer-10-f32508.html

fierce waffle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another one? There was just one released that shows the chosen move.
You're the same guy that originally posted this on reddit it seems. Looks like you added team viewing as well right? I don't believe that was in the original version, correct?
This is going to ruin competitive battling, but I'm not a competitive player and I trust my friends will not use this app, so I'm not bothered by it myself.
I will probably try it out myself just for fun, but I won't be using it in any serious battles.

Yeah that was me.

Reactions: Cortador

ChaosFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Though I can not defend it as easily as straight legal injection and creation (which is to say I have to actually try defending it) in a world of prebaked guides to creating the best mons I have to wonder how bad this would really be, especially if you are going to rebattle. On the other hand this might be pretty killer for mid level play.

There's people like me who use unorthodox pokemon and move combinations that require an element of surprise to work properly.

Reactions: zero2exe

fierce waffle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wonder if tournament types will find a user for it.
Edit
Hold on a second is this X64 only? I get a "not a valid Win32 application"

Edit 2. I have to run for a while but in the meantime I put both downloads up on filetrip
http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/utilities/download-pokemon-x-and-y-battle-analyzer-10-f32508.html

Make sure you have WinPcap installed.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have 4.0 installed or is that going to be too early? I have it there are network stuff kind of likes it but tend not to pay too much attention to the details.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahaha wow. Creating legal pokemon with a generator made no difference, since you'd be fighting exactly the same Pokemon that someone can easily breed in-game in 6th gen, but this? They can see what move i picked on my protean greninja and can switch to a resist? damn. (lame example but whatevs.)

That kind of competitive play doesn't suit me. :/

leafbarrett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What possible use could this have for research? All it lets you do is lets you cheat and see what the opponent is doing.

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks. I appreciate the kind words. Now it's time to work on injection!
The links are still in the post you were quoted. There's already a mirror of them in filetrip. If you still think this is or was a good idea, I don't know what to think of you. There's not much to discuss: this is cheating.

Hopefully Ninty/GF will patch this up, probably rendering all the efforts that went into instacheck, and the rest of discoveries, useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-