TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Hello,
Im making a pokemon white rom hack and ive managed to edit text so so far so good...
But editing other things like mugshots, OW and all that rly are pissing me off....I've no idea what the hell I'm doing.
I'm using kazowars tools, I'm following many tutorials but none of them give me the slightest help
Hope i get some help
ohnoes.png

Krotar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well isn't this convenient? Swapping sprites with Kazo's tools is just about the ONLY thing I can do when it comes to ROM hacking! (Warning: I'll probably end up explaining a bunch of stuff you already know. Sorry in advance.)

EDIT: Woah, this post looks big and cluttered! Lemme just put the diffent sections in spoilers to clean things up a bit.

Setting up:
First, open up kiwi.ds. It's the editor program in the "other tools" folder. Then click your pokemon Black or White ROM and drag it into the window. Once it's in there, double click it to open two windows: ROM info and File Browser. You can ignore the ROM info one. In the other window, you should see a collapsible list of the files in the ROM. Click the + next to your ROM to expand the list, then click the + for the "data" folder. The readme files in each of the folders for Kazo's tools give you the paths to follow for each of the narcs you'll need, but I'll list them here anyhoo:

Mugshots: a/1/8/0
Trainer Battle Sprites (front): a/0/7/2
Trainer Battle Sprites (back) a/0/7/3
Overworld Sprites: a/0/4/9

Once you've got those check-marked, hit the button with the yellow-ish paper that's in the top left corner of the window. That'll put a folder with the same name as the ROM in the same place you keep kiwi.ds, with the files you selected inside. Now you can get to work on swapping your own sprites in! (WARNING: You probably already know this, but each sprite sheet can only use 16 different colors, one of which serves as the background. I DIDN'T know this and ended up having to do a LOT of reworking.
frown.gif
)

Working BWOE (overworld sprites):
1. Open BWOE. Once the window pops up, hit the "open narc" button and select the corresponding file (the 9 from a/0/4/9). The drop down list next to the words "file ID" should be accessible now.
2. The sprite sheets don't start until 006. At that point, you'll start seeing previews of the sprite sheets below the buttons. From there, find the sprite sheets you want to replace and hit the export button.
3. This'll save a copy of the sprite sheet for you to edit. If you've already got sprites, just copy/paste them into the exported image and match the poses up.
4. Once you've got your own sprite sheet good to go, hit the Import Image button (Note: Make sure you're still seeing the sheet you want to replace, otherwise you'll end up replacing the wrong sprites.) Do this for all the sprites you want to swap.
5. When you're done, hit the Save Narc button.

Working BWSE (Trainer Front/Back sprites):
1. Take the corresponding narc files and put them into kiwi.ds like you did for the ROM. This time select EVERYTHING and hit the yellow paper button. This'll make a folder named 2 (or 3, depending on if you're doing front or back sprites first).
2. In order to get to the sprites, you need both the RGCN and RLCN files for it from the 2 (or 3) folder. You'll notice the files in there follow a pattern (no extension, no extension, .ncer, no extension, .nmcr, .nmar, no extension, .nclr, repeat) The 2nd item in that pattern (the no extension after the first no extension) is the RGCN file, and the RLCN goes along with it. The first two sets are for the male and female player characters respectively, and the last two are them with those weird red duel-disk things (I haven't gotten far enough in the game to know what they are >

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i added some important : (is same on trainer backsprite / frontsprite / pokemon sprite (both) / sprite compressed with type 0x 11 , with animate except for some sprite is using nscr and nsbm is not compressed i think)

ncgr and nanr format is always compressed , and is used compressed 0x11.
QUOTE said:
11 FE 0C 00 00 52 4E 41 4E | .....RNAN
QUOTE11 30 12 00 00 52 47 43 4E | .0...RGCN

you can see in first byte is 11 , is mean is used 0x11, 4 byte after 0x11 is just header for stucture that file ~

ncgr, ncer, nanr, nmcr, nmar, no extension because is script for animate these sprite, and the last file is nclr.

is can help you for indicate manual on some format~

remember is have limited to editing these sprite~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory