Pokemon Tokyo Press Conference: Pokemon Quest announced, new 2019 game announced

pokemon.PNG

A new Pokemon announcement is inbound. Stay tuned for further info. The post will be updated when the reveal is made public.

Pokemon Quest

Executives are covering the history of the franchise, from the Game Boy to the 3DS.
Discussion of how successful Pokemon GO has been.
This is the confirmed reveal of a NEW GAME. The conference will discuss Pokemon in 2018 and 2019.
2 games planned for 2018 for Switch.
Pokemon spinoff Pokemon Quest: Switch and Mobile

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1001632417109557249

Free to start action game for all ages.

qq.PNG

quest.PNG
DeaCxUCX0AAxJp1.jpg
Easy to play, focuses on exploration.

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1001632641093812225

With a team of up to three Pokémon, you can explore the secrets of Tumblecube Island. Battle wild Pokémon, gather treasure, and even befriend new Pokémon—if you have the right ingredients, that is! #PokemonQuest puts the power in your hands.

In #PokemonQuest, you get to decide which characteristics your Pokémon will have! You can use special items called Power Stones to strengthen your team. The kind of Pokémon they become is completely up to you!

On to the next subject

Core RPG announced, uses Pokeball peripheral
LET'S GO EEVEE AND PIKACHU ANNOUNCED
Has exclusive controller
For Switch

Pokemon game confirmed for 2019

With #PokemonQuest and #PokemonLetsGo, there are so many new ways to explore the world of Pokémon! Trainers can look forward to even more with an all-new core series Pokémon RPG title in development for the second half of 2019!

Will also be for Switch

Last edited by Chary,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some hope still as seeing that there are normal style battles with trainers at least maybe it's optional to use the go machanics

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know why there were people expecting this to be a main-line Pokemon game. Development for US/UM ended late last year so there was no way they had enough time to fully develop a core-series RPG in less than a year. The fact that the real one is coming out in the second half of 2019 makes sense. Plus with titles like Let's go Pikachu and Eevee sound more like spin-offs than a real game.

Even though this game is CLEARLY designed for noobs and amateurs, they still might have a way to hook in veterans. They teased a new Pokemon that no one has ever seen before at the end of the trailer. Most likely a Gen 8 exclusive Pokemon that can't be obtained through normal gameplay similar to Manaphy from Pokemon Ranger.

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon quest looks accidentally made. As in someone was playing with their smartphone, slipped and fell in dog $H!+ and somehow made Pokémon quest completely by accident on impact.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Buh... Pokemon Go is not my type of Game.

What I HATE about the "new" pokemon game: the sounds that the pokemon make... I mean we live in an HD century and they still give us crappy Gameboy sounds?!
Hope that in the "big" game this will be addressed.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder if it will includes 2 vs 2 battles like the GBA remake of Blue/Red or if it's more based on the Yellow original :unsure:
I haven't followed the Pokémon news at all expect of hearing that it most likely will be a Yellow remake and this one blury screenshot, but I'm abit disappointed that it seems to still have no 3rd person camera only bird's-eye view. Understandable with that polygon count, yet still. Maybe fans of the series don't want it the other way :unsure:
Idk if that's new to the series with that game or if it already was in Sun/Moon or even before, but having no random encounters in caves and instead seeing the wild Pokémon and thus having a more action oriented encounter system in caves looks nice.
I wonder if it's "just" a slightly enhanced Yellow port or if they added more scenes from the anime. Yellow was the attemp to bring Blue/Red more close to the anime, but it e.g. only mentioned the whole meteorites thing at Mt. Moon. Think the first gen had shorter games then the later?
I just was looking up Eevee on the internet, because I wasn't sure if it was Eevee or another Pokémon that had this nice white Alolan version (turns out it was Vulpx) and found out that Eevee now has FREAKING EIGHT DIFFERENT EVOLUTIONS! EIGHT! Wonder if the starter Eevee even is ready to evolve since I assume the starter Pikachu still isn't, but as far as I remember the opponents Eevee did :unsure:

Last edited by VitaType,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect for kids and significant others. I'm more excited about playing with other people than upset I can't have an umbreon. As an avid Go player, it'll be interesting to how they connect. Even if it's super easy and geared towards elementary kids, it'll be fun to play it with my friend I grew up on it with.

CrazyButtStabber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Quest looks more like a mobile game (pokemon mystery dungeon meets minecraft)..... not interested at all
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.... somewhat interested however really worried of that "pokemon go" mechanics and integration. Also the game is supposed to be based on pokemon yellow and the video shows only gen 1 pokemon.... nothing regarding other generations or even pokebank integration.

Let us hope that the next game will be.... different? better?
Funny you should mention mobile, because Pokemon quest is coming out for mobile soon. So essentially it's just an over-hyped phone game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Lol