Hacking Pokemon Sun and Moon Legit CIAs confirmed?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point was it's not coming out any earlier in China than anywhere else except Europe... So it's not touching their land until the same date I'll be able to walk into GameStop and purchase it myself. I doubt stores will get shipments one month before release date, maybe one week before but not a month.....

Last edited by Majickhat55,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hardmod downgrades would most probably be patched with 11.1
But don't lose hope! We still have a ARM9 exploit that Ninty (hopefully) doesn't know about, which will be released after 11.1/12.0 releases
Considering the nature of hardmods, it's unlikely that it could ever be patched or that patching it will last very long.
As for the question on hand.
All signs point to, no one knows and no one can give you a solid answer because the game hasn't been released yet.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The game is being released in China. A nation known for giving negative amount of fucks about keeping up secrets and pirating/leaking everything that touches their unholy land. The person that leaked the final forms of Alola starters, aka the earliest starter leak we ever got in history, was Chinese (possibly a translator for the Chinese version of the game). The Denuvo hacking team is Chinese. Fucking Apple can't keep their patents secret ever since they moved their production here. See where I'm getting at?

It's getting leaked soon anon, and the day it happens is going to be absolutely glorious." Anonymous, 2016

"the best part is gamefreak is fucking retarded enough to put multiple languages on one cartridge even though barely anyone uses them, so we won't even have to wait for translation patches to understand what's happening" Another Anon, 2016
Yeah I see what you mean, I just don't count my chickens before they hatch Lol.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Considering the nature of hardmods, it's unlikely that it could ever be patched or that patching it will last very long.
All signs point to, no one knows and no one can give you a solid answer because the game hasn't been released yet.
Not true. They can easily just replace Home Menu with one that just requires new and only new NATIVE_FIRM (2.51) to run. Then, we won't be able to downgrade NATIVE_FIRM because the system won't start after that

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there going to be special 2DS models for Pokemon Sun/Moon in North America? The article I found only mentioned Europe.

Last edited by Myria, , Reason: noun-verb agreement

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey giys I got the majoras mask N3ds does that come packaged with Pokemon Moon? I need to know for a friend, Thanks <3

D

Deleted User

S/M is gonna release in China on 11/18, which means that the CIA (non legit) is gonna be leaked online ~2-3 weaks bfore the release date
Which means we will be able to get it during early/mid october
Get a CFW if you want to play it bfore release date
Yes I will buy the games after their release
Really ? Omg can't wait for october then :)

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
S/M is gonna release in China on 11/18, which means that the CIA (non legit) is gonna be leaked online ~2-3 weaks bfore the release date

Do you think, we will also be able to play the EUR version that early? Or only the China version?

Last edited by Puddies,

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Same, I was thinking about that since they announced the games. I'm going to play it at my first possibility of doing it. I have both games preordered with the expensive metal cover and I will transfer the saves into the cartridges when they arrive into my hands.

This time isn't going to be like OR/AS for me, because living in Europe was horrible, spoilers everywhere, I'm not waiting half week more than the rest of the world if I can play they before an official release, no spoilers this time, GameFreak you can get my money when you want to release the game there.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Worth remembering that, as of today, either you can get a full CFW or (11.x) can't even install legit cias...

But yeah, it WILL come sooner or later (even if it comes with this hypothetical hardmod-downgrade-proof 11.1, just transfer it to an a9lh console, extract ticket.db with d9/gm9, funkycia2, profit)

Fucking Apple can't keep their patents secret ever since they moved their production here. See where I'm getting at?
Well patents are by definition supposed to be public :)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worth remembering that, as of today, either you can get a full CFW or (11.x) can't even install legit cias...

But yeah, it WILL come sooner or later (even if it comes with this hypothetical hardmod-downgrade-proof 11.1, just transfer it to an a9lh console, extract ticket.db with d9/gm9, funkycia2, profit)

Well patents are by definition supposed to be public :)
Worth noting that a guy claims to have arm 11 (its private tho until an arm 9 exploit is found or something) which will allow legit cia installation.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can you not dump legit .CIA's from an eShop download?
Read the sticky thread "legit CIAs and other noob questions" :-p
Legit cias can only come from pre-installed titles. EShop downloads are never legit (unless you're installing on the same console they were dumped from).

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Worth noting that a guy claims to have arm 11 (its private tho until an arm 9 exploit is found or something) which will allow legit cia installation.

Yep but, exactly as far as you already know, it will be delayed until arm9 is obtained as it will probably be needed for the p9 exploit (and I personally heavily agree with this, after all the vast majority of consoles still available on the market are exploitable)

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Even on 11.1, there's a system transfer to a hacked console available. So these CIAs will definitely make it to the Internet without problems
just remember that the hardmod downgrade will only work for as long as nintendo doesnt patch it, i know it sounds like its some unstopable method, but its not, the only reason it works is that the 11.0 firmware will work with a 10.4 downgraded FIRM, nintendo could implement countermeasures to prevent this....infact the only reason it works is due to an oversight in more recent versions using the same revision number for FIRM updates meaning they system doesnt really differentiate a 10.4 FIRM from a 11.0

and as for system transfers, once you perform a system transfer the "legit" ticket is replaced with a console/NNID specific ticket

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with a stolen entry pass thing
Driven in a stolen car

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can't wait to rub it in my friends faces x)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the sticky thread "legit CIAs and other noob questions" :-p
Legit cias can only come from pre-installed titles. EShop downloads are never legit (unless you're installing on the same console they were dumped from).
I did, and answered my own question a couple posts back but thanks Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-