ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, ok. Didn't know that the original cartridge was also called "vanilla" :P
Btw i asked if would be possible to insert the XY main characters models instead of ORAS ones.

Last edited by Yamanoko,

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code.bin is necessary to get item changes, such as the availability of Leftovers.
Xwo06aE.png

Also the buffs to O-powers are stored in the code file.
5SyrebH.png

Rename the ssapphire/rruby.code file to 0011C500.code (sapphire) or 0011C400.code (ruby) to get it working with the standard Hans launcher.
Does that vendor only unlock after a certain amount of time? When I first went to slateport I only saw items in the pokemart. edit: Went back after defeating 2nd gym and they were there.

Last edited by Acryt,

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm not gonna post my opinions on the mod yet (but know that they're extremely positive), but I found two issues:

The Fisherman right outside of Rustboro has broken dialog and messed up post-battle artwork. Along with that, Brawly has a Machamp that's level 23, which isn't possible. Machop evolves into Machoke at level 28.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hi! I'm not gonna post my opinions on the mod yet (but know that they're extremely positive), but I found two issues:

The Fisherman right outside of Rustboro has broken dialog and messed up post-battle artwork. Along with that, Brawly has a Machamp that's level 23, which isn't possible. Machop evolves into Machoke at level 28.

That Machamp, don't even get me started on him >_>

Also, that's not really important, think of it as the same as the Lv9 Pidgeotto from Silver/Gold

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a Lv9 Pidgeotto in Gold/Silver?

Also, Machamp wasn't that big of a deal for me. Gurdurr, though... pls.

I found out the cause, I think. Trainers who weren't doubles/rotation/triple/horde previously but have been switched to it don't have proper dialogue when spoken to before/after the battle. However, if their battle is triggered through eye contact, the dialogue will appear regularly before/after the battle. Most everything is fine, then, just avoid having trainers that are inaccessible through eye contact, like Fishermen, use these battle types.

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a Magneton in Wattson's gym, which I believe is the first trainer's that still knows Tackle. It used turn one tackle on me and I was like wut?

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've fallen a bit behind after the 5th gym, and need to grind a bit. This is my first time playing ORAS and I don't know the methods of leveling besides using secret bases (which I have to wait a day on completely as time skipping doesn't work). Whats my options? I've battle'd every trainer available so far.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooooooohhhh. Me likey. However, a few questions. How do I use this through hans? Will it screw with my existing save file? (No real worries there because of Nintendo's backup/restore feature) and does this require some screwy hex editing?

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, where do you gain access to the Sewaddle hordes? In the OP, it says Route 105 has them, but Route 105 is only accessible with Surf and has no patches of grass. I'm assuming this was just a mistake and they're accessible somewhere else?

edit: nevermind! sewaddle is accessible on route 104 before the forest, chatot is accessible after behind the flower shop

Last edited by Reserved,

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trainer on Route 115 says "I have rare pokemon want to see?"
Just throws out a lv.24 Seviper. I'm guessing you missed it as the trainer prior had lv.50 pokemon.

.... the hardest battle i've had so far was this level 1 aron fight..

Last edited by Acryt,

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, because this is actually VERY important.

In ORAS, several issues existed with save data being corrupt through Hall of Fame, soft resetting, and other methods. Luckily, all these issues had been patched out with game updates. However, considering HANS and the other ways of loading RRSS don't load update data, are these issues once again present?

If they are, I highly recommend finding a way to merge the update data into the mods patched files. I believe @Asia81 knows how to do this.

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, because this is actually VERY important.

In ORAS, several issues existed with save data being corrupt through Hall of Fame, soft resetting, and other methods. Luckily, all these issues had been patched out with game updates. However, considering HANS and the other ways of loading RRSS don't load update data, are these issues once again present?

If they are, I highly recommend finding a way to merge the update data into the mods patched files. I believe @Asia81 knows how to do this.
Thanks for the warning, haven't experienced an issue yet at all.
Not too sure about the save game corruptions, but I see that there was a pretty big fix for hall of fame freezing.

Last edited by Acryt,

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you get to the Elite Four, make sure to back up your save file. If you're trying to soft reset for shiny Legendaries, back it up then, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, those roms are dumped currently, right?