ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

Heartcage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want Game Freak to ban me for using romhacks. Sure, there's a build that keeps every Pokemon legal, but it gives you the National Dex right off the bat, which my OCD can't stand.
First of all, that's not OCD, and saying it as a joke is worse.

Second, there is absolutely zero evidence of anyone being banned for playing ROM hacks. If Game Freak banned everyone who had hacked Pokémon, there'd be a lot of kids who couldn't trade with their friends because of Wonder Trade.

luigismentor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, that's not OCD, and saying it as a joke is worse.

Second, there is absolutely zero evidence of anyone being banned for playing ROM hacks. If Game Freak banned everyone who had hacked Pokémon, there'd be a lot of kids who couldn't trade with their friends because of Wonder Trade.
Wait, it's NOT OCD? Then what is it? I genuinely cannot appreciate a romhack that gives you the National Dex right away, because it's meant to be a milestone, the big reveal that there are several more Pokemon out there, waiting to be discovered. Romhacks that give it to you outright just feel cheap and impatient, IMO. If that's not what OCD is, then what exactly do I have? Also, banned or not, there's no way Bank is going to allow a starter caught in the wild with a Master Ball into its servers. Make all the jokes you want about it, but I at least want absolute certainty that all my Pokemon can be transferred to Gen 8 onwards.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wait, it's NOT OCD? Then what is it? I genuinely cannot appreciate a romhack that gives you the National Dex right away, because it's meant to be a milestone, the big reveal that there are several more Pokemon out there, waiting to be discovered. Romhacks that give it to you outright just feel cheap and impatient, IMO. If that's not what OCD is, then what exactly do I have? Also, banned or not, there's no way Bank is going to allow a starter caught in the wild with a Master Ball into its servers. Make all the jokes you want about it, but I at least want absolute certainty that all my Pokemon can be transferred to Gen 8 onwards.
In the legit build EVERY Pokemon will be completely legit

Heartcage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I genuinely cannot appreciate a romhack that gives you the National Dex right away
The only reason NSUM and SnS/PuM don't give you the National Dex right away is because it doesn't exist in Gen 7. Is there even any point to you having posted at all when all you did was complain and say you won't play it? It's not even a criticism; it's just idiotic, meaningless nitpicking. You are literally the only person in the last two and a half years of this thread's existence to complain about this.
Also, banned or not, there's no way Bank is going to allow a starter caught in the wild with a Master Ball into its servers.
The Legit build is entirely—big surprise!—legitimate. There's nothing that can be caught in the Legit and Leveled builds that can't be caught normally.
Anything caught within the Legit Build is completely legitimate and trade-ready. Anything caught in the Leveled Build just needs a quick touch-up in PKHeX to become trade-ready.
This is from the OP under Wild Pokémon Changes. The only edit Pokémon from the Leveled Build need is to the Met Level, and Legit Build Pokémon don't need any changes.
Wait, it's NOT OCD? Then what is it?
A mild (and genuinely stupid) peeve at worst. Maybe look up what Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder really does to people, because it's a hell of a lot more stressful and disruptive than refusing to play a goddamn ROM hack just because it gives you the National Dex from the start.

Last edited by Heartcage,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww, there's no "Lite" build, like with NS/UM and SnS/PuM. Instant deal-breaker. :hateit:
delete SD:/luma/titles/TITLE ID/romfs/a/0/1/3. Title ID is 000400000011c500 for Alpha Sapphire and 000400000011c400 for Omega Ruby. This will restore default encounter tables to the game.

The only reason my Gen VII hacks have Lite builds is the size of the GARC file that contains the encounter data. I do not recommend anyone actually use the Lite Builds.

luigismentor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete SD:/luma/titles/TITLE ID/romfs/a/0/1/3. Title ID is 000400000011c500 for Alpha Sapphire and 000400000011c400 for Omega Ruby. This will restore default encounter tables to the game.

The only reason my Gen VII hacks have Lite builds is the size of the GARC file that contains the encounter data. I do not recommend anyone actually use the Lite Builds.
:O Wow, thank you for the info. Although, would I still be given the National Dex outright, or do the encounter tables also determine when you get it? I have no experience with hacking Pokemon games, so I wouldn't know.

ShinRaikdou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Also how Pokemon can be legit, if "Post-game foreign Pokémon" unlocked from start? You can compare catch time and journey started (or league) to verify their legality.

Last edited by ShinRaikdou,

Maverixx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi there. That's my first post on these forums.
I just wanted to ask if i can make any pokemon caught in the 679 build legit like i could do in Supernova Sun by using PKHEX?
I mean - i catch something, then change it to egg and level 1, and obey pokeball legality. Will it be legitimate and possible to use online?

EDIT: And another thing - I installed the mod, using the drag and drop function. Everything loads smoothly, up to the point where i have to choose the starter. I pick a Pokemon, and then... Crash! "An error has occurred..." (and all the other stuff following it, forcing me to restart my 3ds). Cannot play the mod. I haven't edited anything - a clean installation of the mod. What could be the case here?

Last edited by Maverixx,

Kaps11

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
**BUG** if anyone gets the arm11 dumb crash, it is probably because the game tries to run either a double battle or a triple battle without you having the appropriate amount of pokemons. I had been having that because I am nuzlocking this game and at that point I had only two pokemons and I was trying to battle a lady with a triple battle. Took me so long to figure it out so I am telling this here just so that you guys know :P

Last edited by Kaps11,

windwakemeupinside

Resident Gost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. That's my first post on these forums.
I just wanted to ask if i can make any pokemon caught in the 679 build legit like i could do in Supernova Sun by using PKHEX?
I mean - i catch something, then change it to egg and level 1, and obey pokeball legality. Will it be legitimate and possible to use online?

EDIT: And another thing - I installed the mod, using the drag and drop function. Everything loads smoothly, up to the point where i have to choose the starter. I pick a Pokemon, and then... Crash! "An error has occurred..." (and all the other stuff following it, forcing me to restart my 3ds). Cannot play the mod. I haven't edited anything - a clean installation of the mod. What could be the case here?

Your Pokemon should be legal, provided you edit it accordingly like you said.

As for your crash, try deleting the mod and reapplying it to your SD card. I know this sounds really stupidly simple but this is something I've had to do before with patches like this. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll try and recreate the issue to see if there's a fix.

Lazzyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to create a CIA with the patch, however whenever I run "Patch_ROM.bat" I get "The system cannot find the path specified". What's going on and how do I fix it?

karayel-95

Trophies
Website
www.formspring.me
XP
Country
Refactored the folder structure on the downloads like I did for Nova Sun and Umbra Moon. It's not an update to the hack, but installation should be easier.

There are new installation instructions in the OP and included in the download ZIPs.

This also should fix the issue some people were having with downloading the Rutile Ruby 679 Build.

Thanks for this great hack dear @Dio Vento! Do you have any plans for updating the awesome strategy guide?

cihalfaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sort of not great that Frillish is still at level 50-whatever, despite now being available just before Brawly.

I sort of wanted to use it just for that gym (I don't like Phantump, what can you do), but turns out I can't unless I want to steamroll.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...