ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What boosts do you get from Amie? I already EV trained. I have a Pidgeotto, Wingull, Kadabra, Mawile, and Woobat that I plan to use.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I know what you are saying, however in X Y I bred a load of fine young Pokemon and wanted to start a new game with them, starting at level 1.

I find it more fun to use the Pokemon I want and bred (albeit in another game) as they are IV perfect with egg over etc, otherwise these Pokemon will never get used!

Yes the gym is designed to be beaten by your own Pokemon at lol 16... However my Pokemon start the gym battle at level 8 otherwise after 1 victory they start to loaf if I go in at level 10. So it actually takes a lot of skill to beat a gym when the opposing team are 60-70% higher level than you are. So I put in a ttar not necessarily to kill things,but just to soak up some hits or whatever while my under levelled team get healed up a bit.

I just beat the mauville city gym with Pokemon at level 27/28 and the guys to the north afterwards with a 6 Pokemon team with low level 30,s using tactics such as a lol 23 toxic spike with focus sash then only 3 Pokemon around level 32. It actually makes it more of a challenge than walking into a gym with a level 43 blaziken and high kicking the hell out of everyone.
Just open PKHeX and change your egg pokemon to your OT name, TID, and SID. Then you won't get the absurdly overpowered leveling bonus and also won't have to deal with disobedience.
Respectfully, you traded in pokemon, and I'm playing from scratch. That advice doesn't really help me.
He's also talking about the wrong Gym leader. Trouble with Brawly can be solved by using fast, SpA based attackers to not allow him to Bulk Up. I love how every player has different experiences here, both of my playtesters found Brawly too easy! I knew there would be some teams where he'd run train on you though. I'd recommend you stop trying to use stat-lowering moves like Sand Attack and focus on simply hitting him hard and fast.

Red46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's because only english language texts are modified
That can't be it, I play the game in English and every trainer that has a horde type battle always shows the message that an orde of poochyena is being sent out. Guess it falls under the known visual bug with horde trainers text.

Ballist1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just open PKHeX and change your egg pokemon to your OT name, TID, and SID. Then you won't get the absurdly overpowered leveling bonus and also won't have to deal with disobedience.

He's also talking about the wrong Gym leader. Trouble with Brawly can be solved by using fast, SpA based attackers to not allow him to Bulk Up. I love how every player has different experiences here, both of my playtesters found Brawly too easy! I knew there would be some teams where he'd run train on you though. I'd recommend you stop trying to use stat-lowering moves like Sand Attack and focus on simply hitting him hard and fast.

i cant do it, they are all legitimately bred spending hours each, i cant hack them now:/ but as the levels go up and the gyms go up the % difference betwen what im allowed and what the gym bosses have decreases. So i'll be fine..

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant do it, they are all legitimately bred spending hours each, i cant hack them now:/ but as the levels go up and the gyms go up the % difference betwen what im allowed and what the gym bosses have decreases. So i'll be fine..
Just clone them and use the hacked ones in RRSS lmao
That can't be it, I play the game in English and every trainer that has a horde type battle always shows the message that an orde of poochyena is being sent out. Guess it falls under the known visual bug with horde trainers text.
If it says this when you're playing in English, it's a sign of a botched install. Are you playing on CIA or with HANS? If CIA: You probably didn't delete the game update. An easy way to test this is see if your Poké Marts match this table (they won't if the OR/AS 1.4 Patch is installed on top of RR/SS):
dg63Uap.png

If HANS, you somehow didn't copy all the folders you needed to into your ROMFS. This does not fall under the known bug with Horde Trainer text, this doesn't happen on a proper install.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you! This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for.

You said you were working on a PRIMA-guide style thing, right? How's that coming along? It'd be really useful for when I get stuck. I like the games a lot and enjoy the challenge, but I don't know enough about competitive Pokemon etc to get by some spots without a little help. :P

Also, is there a recommended way to farm money? I have had to spend a lot on super potions, and right now I've just been rebattling the rich people on both sides of Petalburg woods.

Last edited by UmbraNoctis,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for.

You said you were working on a PRIMA-guide style thing, right? How's that coming along? It'd be really useful for when I get stuck. I like the games a lot and enjoy the challenge, but I don't know enough about competitive Pokemon etc to get by some spots without a little help. :P

Also, is there a recommended way to farm money? I have had to spend a lot on super potions, and right now I've just been rebattling the rich people on both sides of Petalburg woods.
Rebattles are definitely the best way to get money. Though you shouldn't be using Super Potions when Fresh Waters are available in Brawly's Gym.

The strategy guide is coming, but it's a lot of work. Here's six pages of the 59 I have completed (out of 101 total)

zc9eDJi.jpg

hMZV8D8.jpg
CJibYcx.jpg

Reactions: costas94

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really love the look of the pages. I just picked up the hack last Wednesday night and I've yet to get to Roxanne and all of my pokemon are reaching Lv 20. I think I spent too much time hunting up every single pokemon of each route as well as using the DexNav to grab the egg moves I want for the pokemon I want to breed up. But so far, I'm really enjoying it although I haven't hit the difficulty curve yet.

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Guys, i'm on Luma
I decrypted my RUBY.cia then put it in the Asia81's folder then run SetupUS and HackingToolkit3DS, enter CE and cia file's name...

The extraction process is so fast...but then, there's no ExtractedRomFS folder... There's no new folder whatsoever...

0ddc4704577f24d5395fe7f4c0be9958.jpg

What should I do?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Zhull,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, i'm on Luma
I decrypted my RUBY.cia then put it in the Asia81's folder then run SetupUS and HackingToolkit3DS, enter CE and cia file's name...

The extraction process is so fast...but then, there's no ExtractedRomFS folder... There's no new folder whatsoever...

0ddc4704577f24d5395fe7f4c0be9958.jpg

What should I do?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Try ripping your ROM from your actual cartridge or eShop copy of the game, since it seems you downloaded a trimmed CIA from a certain "iso site".

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dio, can you tell me which method this hack uses to reduce the egg hatching steps?
Every species' base egg hatch step count has been lowered to 1 cycle. This is why it doesn't work with eggs traded in: those eggs take just as long to hatch as they would in a regular game, but they'll always display as "it'll take a long time to hatch".

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every species' base egg hatch step count has been lowered to 1 cycle. This is why it doesn't work with eggs traded in: those eggs take just as long to hatch as they would in a regular game, but they'll always display as "it'll take a long time to hatch".
Those pages are phenomenal, really well done. I hope you can use this as a portfolio example for something. I'd be happy to use what you've already written and check it for typos / grammar fixes if you're interested, but otherwise I'm waiting with bated breath for the full release. :)

Ballist1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks, guess I'll have to stick to my Y cart for breeding as I need them to be fully legit.

xan3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've never taken so long and put dedication with items and teams in a Pokemon game since PSMD.

I got to Fortree City, I've enjoyed most trainer encounters so far. BUT, there are couple encounters I found rather odd. Even for this Hack's standards.

First being this Ruin Maniac in Route 111 with a Landorus. I can understand why he may have one and that's fine cuz there are other few legendary encounters on regular trainers as well. But when you defeat him, he says something like "I've looked for ruins, not strong Pokémon."

YEAH RIGHT
. That may be subjective, well anyway, that's not so much of a problem.

And now the second one being the very first "Bird Keeper" in Winona's gym. Unsure if it is meant to be like this or you mistook him for an Ace Trainer (I say this because I tend to mix those trainer classes myself.)

But this dude's team has:
-Furret
-Bisharp
-Skarmory
-Talonflame
-Gardevoir
-Houndoom with megastone.

??? It really seems to be an Ace Trainer team rather than a Bird Keeper team... It's also really brutal for being the very first encounter of the gym, not to mention it's way off from the Gym's theme where it should be mostly flying types. For real this one is meant to be like this? lol

Last edited by xan3000,

Ballist1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just clone them and use the hacked ones in RRSS lmao

If it says this when you're playing in English, it's a sign of a botched install. Are you playing on CIA or with HANS? If CIA: You probably didn't delete the game update. An easy way to test this is see if your Poké Marts match this table (they won't if the OR/AS 1.4 Patch is installed on top of RR/SS):
dg63Uap.png

If HANS, you somehow didn't copy all the folders you needed to into your ROMFS. This does not fall under the known bug with Horde Trainer text, this doesn't happen on a proper install.

Hi sorry me again, I am trying to breed a bold regenerator slobro, but when I do it has flame body. Is there a bug in the game or is the bug within phbank? It reports as regenerator in Pchexx++ so it's a bit weird.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never taken so long and put dedication with items and teams in a Pokemon game since PSMD.

I got to Fortree City, I've enjoyed most trainer encounters so far. BUT, there are couple encounters I found rather odd. Even for this Hack's standards.

First being this Ruin Maniac in Route 111 with a Landorus. I can understand why he may have one and that's fine cuz there are other few legendary encounters on regular trainers as well. But when you defeat him, he says something like "I've looked for ruins, not strong Pokémon."

YEAH RIGHT
. That may be subjective, well anyway, that's not so much of a problem.

And now the second one being the very first "Bird Keeper" in Winona's gym. Unsure if it is meant to be like this or you mistook him for an Ace Trainer (I say this because I tend to mix those trainer classes myself.)

But this dude's team has:
-Furret
-Bisharp
-Skarmory
-Talonflame
-Gardevoir
-Houndoom with megastone.

??? It really seems to be an Ace Trainer team rather than a Bird Keeper team... It's also really brutal for being the very first encounter of the gym, not to mention it's way off from the Gym's theme where it should be mostly flying types. For real this one is meant to be like this? lol
That guy is an inserted trainer of one of my friends, and is representative of a design decision I won't be using in Umbra Moon and Nova Sun. I will definitely have 6-mon teams on random trainers, but they won't be in Gyms. As for Landorus bro, I didn't alter much game text. But you could interpret what he says as "I already have strong pokemon, i came here to look for ruins..."
Thanks, guess I'll have to stick to my Y cart for breeding as I need them to be fully legit.
They will be fully legit. A pokemon hatched in RRSS is indistinguishable from one in ORAS. A Flame Body slowbro sounds like a symptom of a botched install, this hack does not change any Pokémon abilities.

Ballist1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That guy is an inserted trainer of one of my friends, and is representative of a design decision I won't be using in Umbra Moon and Nova Sun. I will definitely have 6-mon teams on random trainers, but they won't be in Gyms. As for Landorus bro, I didn't alter much game text. But you could interpret what he says as "I already have strong pokemon, i came here to look for ruins..."

They will be fully legit. A pokemon hatched in RRSS is indistinguishable from one in ORAS. A Flame Body slowbro sounds like a symptom of a botched install, this hack does not change any Pokémon abilities.

It's really weird everything else breeds as normal, no issues at all. The rom runs perfectly, all the items in the shops match up to your lists as do all the other things. Just that one issue with slowbro and the hidden ability. All other hidden abilities breed totally fine. It's definitely not phbank or anything I bred a few on the CIA and hatched them without interference and they came with flame body:(

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really weird everything else breeds as normal, no issues at all. The rom runs perfectly, all the items in the shops match up to your lists as do all the other things. Just that one issue with slowbro and the hidden ability. All other hidden abilities breed totally fine. It's definitely not phbank or anything I bred a few on the CIA and hatched them without interference and they came with flame body:(
You should repackage the game. Can't hurt. Here are my checksums for each one:

Rutile Ruby
md5: 2062695d7787dfcc4c96aff266058ba5
sha1: 83caeadd11dffc17b0db312161497013f362210b

Star Sapphire
md5: 6f197f7115f8e9598f58ce080d4504ef
sha1: a88cc5e0be0428bb8e119e76df2c5ae4fb7bebbf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1