Gaming pokemon ruby and saphire remake for 3ds?

D

Deleted User

For me, a remake of Ruby and Saphire is a necessary step for the pokémon franchise
I don't see why. You could just as easily say the same thing for the Fire-Red/Leaf-Green remakes, which aren't compatible with the current generation. Even the remakes eventually become incompatible with the newer versions as hardware changes.

The same thing happens to Fire-Red and Leaf-Green, but Kanto Region was already in Heartgold and Soulsilver,
and all the legendaries from R/B/Y/FR/LG were on in those remakes.
Kanto appeared in Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Fire-Red, Leaf-Green, Heartgold and Soulsilver
The Regis weren't in HG/SS, and the only games hoenn was avaiable were Ruby and Saphire.
i still rather have a pkmn emerald remake xD rayquaza ftw

I wanted the same as you, but Nintendo is greedy as hell,
if they can double the sales, by releasing almost the same game twice,
there's no doubt they'll do it.

To say the truth, I hope that Nintendo does not release a Pokémon Gray,
Black 2 and White 2 still have their exclusive legendaries.
Those games are still far different than a 3rd game.

In my opinion, the chances of Gray being released are f****** high.
I'd like to see a 6th gen game, or a R/S remake for the next pokémon main series game.

The Regis weren't in HG/SS, and the only games hoenn was avaiable were Ruby and Saphire.
Well the Regis were in Plat though :( though you needed Regigas (my corneas still burn every time I see it) but yea I know that is beside the point

In any case, if/when RSEmakes are made, please for the love of God, do NOT integrate that eyesore. Gimme Jirachi, Deoxys. Heck even Celebi (cos I like catching Pokemon in game as opposed to just getting it from events or in this case a special uber rare disc). I love the 3 Regis as they are.... I will never acknowledge the 4th > :(

XP

Do you know what I really would like?
A pokémon Yellow remake, with the orange league :)
yes pkmn yellow was my first pkmn game

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For me, a remake of Ruby and Saphire is a necessary step for the pokémon franchise
I don't see why. You could just as easily say the same thing for the Fire-Red/Leaf-Green remakes, which aren't compatible with the current generation. Even the remakes eventually become incompatible with the newer versions as hardware changes.

The same thing happens to Fire-Red and Leaf-Green, but Kanto Region was already in Heartgold and Soulsilver,
and all the legendaries from R/B/Y/FR/LG were on in those remakes.
Kanto appeared in Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Fire-Red, Leaf-Green, Heartgold and Soulsilver
i still rather have a pkmn emerald remake xD rayquaza ftw

I wanted the same as you, but Nintendo is greedy as hell,
if they can double the sales, by releasing almost the same game twice,
there's no doubt they'll do it.

To say the truth, I hope that Nintendo does not release a Pokémon Gray,
Black 2 and White 2 still have their exclusive legendaries.
Those games are still far different than a 3rd game.

In my opinion, the chances of Gray being released are f****** high.
I'd like to see a 6th gen game, or a R/S remake for the next pokémon main series game.

Well the Regis were in Plat though :( though you needed Regigas (my corneas still burn every time I see it) but yea I know that is beside the point

In any case, if/when RSEmakes are made, please for the love of God, do NOT integrate that eyesore. Gimme Jirachi, Deoxys. Heck even Celebi (cos I like catching Pokemon in game as opposed to just getting it from events or in this case a special uber rare disc). I love the 3 Regis as they are.... I will never acknowledge the 4th > :(

XP

Do you know what I really would like?
A pokémon Yellow remake, with the orange league :)
yes pkmn yellow was my first pkmn game

It would be really awesome if Nintendo started releasing remakes of the 3rd game of the generation.
I would love to see these games released in a row:
6th gen -> Pokémon Thunder Yellow -> Pokémon Shining Emerald

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wouldn't matter if that was the case.
I couldn't care less for the name,
having a remake of Emerald instead of R/S is what really would matter,
if that was the case
I think the joke I made flew over your head. lol

To say the truth, before posting,
I was thinking a couple of minutes and still didn't find a descent name.
In the end I used the first name that came trough my mind.

I noticed the joke by your emoticon,
but to say the truth it's not a bad name.

Reactions: 1 person

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised either way, on one hand people seem to really want a remake. On the other hand its not really necessary since everything from gen 3 onwards is able to be connected. Gen 1&2 were remade because they had no way of interacting with the later games but this is no longer the case. In fact I actually have stuff from my ruby/sapphire gamesaves in white, hell i have stuff from coliseum on my white.

I could see why they would remake it though, not everyone has access to all the equipment necessary to transfer pokemon for all the gens.

(ideally they would re-release the gba pokemon games as virtual console games along with a pokemon box style app able to store pokemon between all the current games.)

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My original post:
I think this isn't a case of "will it happen"; rather "when will it happen?" Pokemon Remakes seem to come generation-by-generation to respective consoles. GBA=R/G DS=G/S, so logic states 3DS=R/S. The logic behind "it shouldn't happen because 3rd Gen Pokemon can be used in recent Pokemon games that are still retail" is flawed. By that logic, Super Mario 3D Land shouldn't exist because I can already play a 3D Mario game that is still available on DS.

There's just the wait for an original Pokemon game to be made for the 3DS first.

And the replies:

]But that's not a remake of it...

That makes literally no sense. Super Mario 3D Land is an entirely new game.

Maybe I ought to make myself more clear with that comparison. You can't see the forest through the trees. It seems to me that the topic here is more focused on "I can already use these Pokemon on the DS version. why do I need them for the 3DS?" There is no remake factor in this logic as as the DS versions are not Ruby and Sapphire, so my argument remains valid.

By using the Mario analogy, I am adopting the same logic, "I can already play as Mario on the DS, why do I need to play as Mario on the 3DS?" Sounds absurd, doesn't it? Just because I can play as Mario on the DS, it doesn't mean the levels and Gameplay in SM3DL are identical to SM64DS. This ideaology works for Pokemon games as well. Just because you can use these Pokemon in current gens, there is still content from Ruby and Sapphire that you can't do in any of the DS versions. Overworld, Story, etc.

So a remake of Ruby and Sapphire is still justified.

Sure, you could argue that because you can still play GBA games in the DS Phat and Lite, that you can still play Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald on current hardware. But the original Red and Green could still be played on GBA when FireRed and LeafGreen were released, so that argument means nothing.

Maybe a Ruby/Sapphire remake won't happen, but it's probable that from here on in, Nintendo handhelds will have remakes of Pokemon games from 2 generations behind the current one, which means the 3DS will get Ruby and Sapphire, the succesor to the 3DS will get Diamond and Pearl (Maybe Black and White, but that'll probably be held off until the next system.)

Is my opinion clear now?

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A remake of r/b/e would be pretty cool.

I'd really love to see the Hoenn region in 3D.

This may be off topic, but, people keep asking for a pokemon crystal remake and a pokemon grey. What's up with that? Don't they understand the HG/SS has Crystal's story?

Reactions: 2 people

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This may be off topic, but, people keep asking for a pokemon crystal remake and a pokemon grey. What's up with that? Don't they understand the HG/SS has Crystal's story?

IKR. HGSS = Crystal revamped divided into 2 versions. Maybe they are just wanting a remake with the name crystal in it? Or they actually can't remember what was in GSC and are just doing it for the sake of it.

I can understand the want for a Grey since the 3rd version is usually the most 'complete' legendary wise (without needing to trade) at the expense of some not so memorable (imo) Pokemon and revamped bits and pieces here and there. Being a late adopter, I usually favour this (especially Emerald :D) But B2W2 is pretty interesting in itself so I can't complain. :)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

IKR. HGSS = Crystal revamped divided into 2 versions. Maybe they are just wanting a remake with the name crystal in it? Or they actually can't remember what was in GSC and are just doing it for the sake of it.

I can understand the want for a Grey since the 3rd version is usually the most 'complete' legendary wise (without needing to trade) at the expense of some not so memorable (imo) Pokemon and revamped bits and pieces here and there. Being a late adopter, I usually favour this (especially Emerald :D) But B2W2 is pretty interesting in itself so I can't complain. :)
I was so confused lol i forgot about white and black lol

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What I really want is a 3DS pokémon of the main series.
B/W 2 being for DS is a kick in the nuts

Fatmike1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there wont be anymore pokemon games on the DS lite, mystery dungeon has moved onto 3ds and regular pokemon wont be far behind a rse remake will most likely be the first games to be released

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Gen3 was- in my opinion- the poorest entry. I would happily live without this.
I found that there was so much inescapable surfing involved that they might as well have set it in a cave, as I spent a large chunk of the last part of the game rinsing my money on max repels. The Poke's introduced were pretty pointless as well.

However the bit with the soot was great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy