Hacking Pokemon Platinum

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this an anti piracy measure but no matter where or when I save the game every time I load up my data its still right before the "lets catch the legendary pokemon of the lake"

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I'm pretty sure you need YS Menu to run Pokemon Platinum on the original R4. It needs a special 1MB save file which is not supported by 1.18.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually it was working fine on my R4 1.8 - however I then decided to try YSMenu... White screen. Changed back to 1.18 - White screen! So, this is odd - have formatted, tried 1.8 AND YSmenu again and still PP will no longer load!

Ideas?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't think there was any Kind of Anti Piracy on Pokemon Platinum. I even played the Game with Version 1.18 Firmware on my R4 and it was working fine, no freezes or save problems of any kind. Maybe there's something wrong with the Rom or the Firmware you're using.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
It is really odd. Was working absolutely fine. Then changed to YSmenu and it went wrong. Now back on 1.18 and still won't boot - same ROM, recopied too and still no go. I don't think it is any special protection - I think the game has just decided not to like me any more!
OK, very odd...

Fixed it by downloading new Roms to replace mine... Thought I was going to have to resort to dragging my retail card around with me!

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Um guys, the save file is still a problem. You see, although it needs a 1MB save file, it will often work with a 512 KB one. Then it will continue to function happily... until that 512 KB runs out and there is no more space. Then you are screwed.

Some people say that you can hex-edit the save file to 1 MB from 512 KB, but I've never done it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof