Zizouomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone!
So i'm playing Pokemon Platinum on a DS lite using an R4i SDHC with YSMenu and these blackscreens that come up randomly are really getting on my nerves. I can't do anything when it happens, sometimes I can still hear the music but either ways, impossible to do anything, its just frozen.

Anything I can do about the game? A patch? I've already tried multiple different roms of Platinum but all freeze at any random points.

Thanks in advance for the help

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your only solution may be to install TWiLight Menu++ to run the game using nds-bootstrap instead of YSMenu.
https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing-flashcard

After installing it, open TWiLight Menu++, then either:
  • Press SELECT, touch the DS icon to open TWLMenu++ Settings, switch to the nds-bootstrap settings page, and turn on nds-bootstrap.
  • Highlight the game, press Y to open the per-game settings menu, and turn on nds-bootstrap.

Reactions: The Catboy

Zizouomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I installed Twilight++ and I'm getting an error after playing for a few minutes. See the attached photo

Attachments

• IMG_5076.jpeg
    IMG_5076.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 56

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed Twilight++ and I'm getting an error after playing for a few minutes. See the attached photo
That gives the crash some clarification then.

If the ROMs aren't corrupt, then I'd try another flashcard, such as the R4(i) Ultra, Acekard 2(i), or R4i Gold RTS.

Zizouomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't unfortunately.
This DS with that flashcart have been issues-less for more than 10 years. That's the only game behaving that way.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't unfortunately.
This DS with that flashcart have been issues-less for more than 10 years. That's the only game behaving that way.
Disable all cheats, if the rom is modified with the 60 fps patch, don't, if not, look for the release rom, not just any that has been upped on the net

Zizouomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Disable all cheats, if the rom is modified with the 60 fps patch, don't, if not, look for the release rom, not just any that has been upped on the net
I did stop playing for a few weeks. I got back to it today and it froze again after a few minutes of playing. I'm using a standard France version of the rom. No cheats activated nor 60 fps patch on.
Am I just screwed ? It's getting unplayable. It just triggers the red screen every 15min non stop.

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I did stop playing for a few weeks. I got back to it today and it froze again after a few minutes of playing. I'm using a standard France version of the rom. No cheats activated nor 60 fps patch on.
Am I just screwed ? It's getting unplayable. It just triggers the red screen every 15min non stop.
Theres actually one more kernel you can try to run it on. It's ported R4 Wood. But you have to disable its "ingame soft reset" and enable "game enabler" cheat in the cheats list (i actually forgot if that applies to BW2/BW or just BW2, anyway try it out)

Attachments

• TopToyDS_kernel_R4wood_12_5.7z
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

Zizouomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Theres actually one more kernel you can try to run it on. It's ported R4 Wood. But you have to disable its "ingame soft reset" and enable "game enabler" cheat in the cheats list (i actually forgot if that applies to BW2/BW or just BW2, anyway try it out)
Isn't R4 Wood compatible with a limited list of flashcarts ? I read multiple threads saying that it bricks any flashcarts that isn't compatible.

Reactions: FriendlyPolygon

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Isn't R4 Wood compatible with a limited list of flashcarts ? I read multiple threads saying that it bricks any flashcarts that isn't compatible.
If your flashcard displays an error screen on WHITE background (for example if you launched it without micro SD) then this kernel is for you. I especially said that THIS is PORTED R4 Wood

Zizouomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried a 6th rom from again another website. Updated twilight++ to last week's latest version.
Still getting the red screen after a few minutes of play.
I'm at a loss now..

Zizouomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have access to another flashcard?
So I have tried the latest version of Twilight++ that you uploaded 3 days ago on a brand new Sandisk I just bought and now the game doesn't even go past the Save selection menu...
Is there any version I should avoid at this point ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have tried the latest version of Twilight++ that you uploaded 3 days ago on a brand new Sandisk I just bought and now the game doesn't even go past the Save selection menu...
Is there any version I should avoid at this point ?
A SanDisk is an SD brand, not a flashcard brand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto