Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee to omit abilities and held items

LGPE.png

To say that the Pokémon 'Let's Go' games are catering to the casual audience more than the core audience would be understating the matter. The game has only the original 151 Pokémon, removes wild battles, and now Serebii has determined yet another change in the formula for Let's Go.

After playing the game earlier today, Serebii has determined that both abilities and held items are absent. This is yet another change that may upset the more dedicated fans. Interestingly, Serebii has confirmed that IVs and EVs are still present in some form, despite being a far more complicated mechanic.

:arrow:Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You forgot that they plan to make a REAL main one in 2019.
This is aimed at the Pokémon go croud and people who will run away from the GB games since they're basically ugly by today standards.
And the lack of habilities just makes things simplier.
Also,that lack of habilities is the final nail to the coffin for me for these 2 games, SO I'll just wait until the main one.

Glad I am not the only one seeing it like that.

That's what I'm referencing. We've seen nothing on it, so we don't know anything about it.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
That's what I'm referencing. We've seen nothing on it, so we don't know anything about it.
Let's just hope the wait is worht it.

PLEASE tell me that they're going to release a REAL mainline Pokemon game for the Switch. This is bullshit.

I did before, but since you clearly miss that, I'll just tell you, YES, they will release a mainline pokemon, to my knowledge.

Last edited by Xabring, , Reason: telling?

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
The game is a rethink of the original game, crossed with Pokemon Go, never meant to be "another" Pokemon version. Here's a suggestion: wait and see what comes out when the actual games is released and then judge?

Reactions: Flirkyn

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That sucks :/. I was hoping they'd throw us a bone and let us at least treat this game as a Battle machine with 3DS connectivity :(
Going by your pfp, you're a SMT fan so hopefully Atlus will deliver with SMT V and give us our A+ monster-collecting RPG experience on Switch.
Definitely not going to bother buying this at all. At best I might pirate it for shits and giggles, but I highly doubt I'll even bother playing past Brock.
Honestly I plan to get it used on sale just to mess around with mods and PKHeX. Should be fun.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going by your pfp, you're a SMT fan so hopefully Atlus will deliver with SMT V and give us our A+ monster-collecting RPG experience on Switch.

Honestly I plan to get it used on sale just to mess around with mods and PKHeX. Should be fun.
wonder if pkhex will be updated for it it's already super easy maybe someone could at least dump Mew for us

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worrying thing about this is, is how much influence will this have on the Pokemon games next year. To be fair, I doubt they would takeaway at least hold items for the next game.

Do I remember wrong? I thought this game will have Mega Evolutions.

*slams desk on face*

Why?!
Fix'd

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
This is not a game for "pro" gamers. Their purpose is to sell the Switch to the children for Christmas (and to the ones who play Pokémon GO but never did on a console), and to see what gamers think about the new HM replacement method and other mechanics.
The 8th gen. games will be like others from the 3rd gen., with ability, items and all the other things.
Do you want hidden abilities for what? A Pidgey? Neither the new Pokémon could has it because a Mystical Pokémon hasn't hidden abilities so, who cares? Have fun and wait one more year for the real games

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The worrying thing about this is, is how much influence will this have on the Pokemon games next year. To be fair, I doubt they would takeaway at least hold items for the next game.

Do I remember wrong? I thought this game will have Mega Evolutions.

Fix'd
yeah you porbably only need to have the stone in your bag and click mega evolve, some mega evolutions are only good becuase of their abilities lol, what will mega kangaskahn do, it will only gain a few boost and suck lol.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand the surprise or hate really. They've been clearly showing a more casual game from the get go that they do not consider a new mainline Pokemon title. Hell, it's the second remake of the first games. I would be more upset if they didn't change it up drastically.

I remain very interested to check this game out and see how all the changes affect the fun and pacing of the game. I'll also enjoy being able to share playing it with my partner. She loves Pokemon and this is something we can do together (as long as it isn't multiplayer "in a Nintendo-like way").

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety