Gaming Pokemon HGSS Save errors on flashcart

magpiess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've posted this in the AK forum but it's pretty slow over there and I really need some help. I have been enjoying my AK2i for years now and have never run into any issues playing games until now. Having never played a Pokemon game aside from Yellow, a friend urged me to try Soul Silver. I got the ROM from him and it booted flawlessly, no lag or freezing whatsoever. However, when I try to save, it lingers for a second, then gives me a blue screen with the following message.

Error saving data.

The backup memory has failed.
The game may be played but it is impossible to save.

Please turn off the power.

Upon restarting the game I get a similar message saying the save was deleted. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this; I've tried ROMs from several different sites, using AP patches that I found lurking this forum, I've tried the same with HeartGold, I've changed the save file to every possible file size, and still nothing works. In searching for an answer it seems literally nobody else has had this issue on the Acekard, so I'm left completely in the dark. If anyone has any ideas, please help.

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using an outdated AK kernel? I stopped using it after stopped support , but i think the last one was 1.8

magpiess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using an outdated AK kernel? I stopped using it after stopped support , but i think the last one was 1.8

I'm using the latest AKAIO release, 1.9. I did a complete reinstall when I formatted my micro sd. This game should be supported according to the patch notes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: