Just got my 9th badge
biggrin.gif

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shonosuke said:
Anyone else bought the game just for nostalgic sake? I am a hardcore pirate but with the added figure and pokewalker I couldn't resist spending 37 euros

This is the first DS game I've bought since June 2006. I think it is a mix of I finally have a job, so I can actually afford it, I don't want to put up with the AP, Nintendo really does deserve my money for this, and the Pokewalker is pretty rad.

The only thing is that this is a pretty loose remake compared to FRLG. Those games were litterally the same game with updaed sprites and some updated mechanics(running boots). This game has a lot more added to it, like that girl with the Marill, the camera guy(who totally reminds me of Earthbound haha), and a different Pokedex. I mean it isn't bothering me that much, cause all of this isn't that terribly game changing, but it is still weird.

Sh!fT_23

Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
Just got my 9th badge
biggrin.gif
frown.gif

Just got 3rd badge at Goldenrod lol. I better get playing.
Anyway I got a Totodile Lvl 27, Pidgey Lvl 21, Gastly Lvl 23, Togepi Lvl 22, Onix Lvl 20 and a Bellsprout Lvl 20.

I must say I'm enjoying this remake thoroughly, G/S were defs up there as my favs for Pokemon.

EDIT: Forgot to get rid of silly picture :/

Sh!fT_23

Trophies
XP
Country
MR_COW said:
shonosuke said:
Anyone else bought the game just for nostalgic sake? I am a hardcore pirate but with the added figure and pokewalker I couldn't resist spending 37 euros

This is the first DS game I've bought since June 2006. I think it is a mix of I finally have a job, so I can actually afford it, I don't want to put up with the AP, Nintendo really does deserve my money for this, and the Pokewalker is pretty rad.
Soz to double post but, I had to comment, the Pokewalker is nething but 'rad.' What it is is recycled, they already tried releasing a very similar device once, and you really don't get ne benefit from it neway.

Ravager90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
hey guys ... got some question: Got my 8 badges now, wanting to avance from starting town eastwards. But this damn girl Lyra wont let me. She always aks "where do you think youre going". I allready bet those kimono girls. But I dont really want to battle Lugia. So theres no chance of avoiding having to visit the islands ?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it true you don't crash as much with Acekard2i + AKAIO1.6 because tbh, I'm not willing to spend my time on a game which will crash the further I go so I'm just gonna have to wait for a patch.

I've already got my pokemon ready ^^, Ima just gonna trade it off to the HG game when a patch comes out/Europe game version comes out if no patch is ready.

Gardevoir, Heracross, Sceptile, Milotic, Infernape, Salamence, Electrivire, Tyranitar, Rhyperior, Snorlax, Ninetales (for online play), Gengar and HM Slave Dragonite. Tyranitar+Rhyperior double team is awesome.

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sh!fT_23 said:
MR_COW said:
shonosuke said:

Soz to double post but, I had to comment, the Pokewalker is nething but 'rad.' What it is is recycled, they already tried releasing a very similar device once, and you really don't get ne benefit from it neway.

It sounds like you are trying to justify downloading the game

nguyeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10_0ARMY said:
I just beat the first gym and I want some advice on if i should keep gastly in my party or swap it for mareep.

My part is:

Quilava lvl. 15
Gastly lvl. 8
Totodile lvl. 11
Geodude lvl. 13
Pidgey lvl. 11
Chikorita lvl. 10

how did u get the three starters did u keep restarting?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I beat Blue and got my 16th badge, now I'm re-battling the E4 to get all my pokemons to at least the 70s or else I won't stand a chance against red..

nguyeth said:
10_0ARMY said:
I just beat the first gym and I want some advice on if i should keep gastly in my party or swap it for mareep.

My part is:

Quilava lvl. 15
Gastly lvl. 8
Totodile lvl. 11
Geodude lvl. 13
Pidgey lvl. 11
Chikorita lvl. 10

how did u get the three starters did u keep restarting?

He traded them in obviously..

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sh!fT_23 said:
MR_COW said:
shonosuke said:

Fair enough. From going to school and working though, I walk a lot though. To be able to level up a pokemon, find some rare items, and catch some pokemon during that is pretty neat for me. You can get a lot of multiple PP ups, good TMs(psychic, hyper beam), and rare berries on it. It isn't the main reason I bought it, but it was a pretty neat bonus. I had the Pokemon Pikachu 2 when I was young to connect to the original GS, so it is pretty neat for the memories there too.

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
MR_COW said:
Sh!fT_23 said:
MR_COW said:
shonosuke said:

Fair enough. From going to school and working though, I walk a lot though. To be able to level up a pokemon, find some rare items, and catch some pokemon during that is pretty neat for me. You can get a lot of multiple PP ups, good TMs(psychic, hyper beam), and rare berries on it. It isn't the main reason I bought it, but it was a pretty neat bonus. I had the Pokemon Pikachu 2 when I was young to connect to the original GS, so it is pretty neat for the memories there too.

Exactly It's like double nostalgia if you also had that pokemon tamagotchi

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Just Got Lugia and now on my way to the pokemon league

team
SlowKing. LV 38
Typlosion LV 44
Ampharos LV 43
Feraligatr LV 43
Pigeot LV 37
Meganium LV 42

D

Deleted_171835

Hiz_95 said:
I just think they included the Pokewalker to combat piracy.
Bull fucking shit.

That makes no sense. The Pokewalker was included as a remake to a similar device included with Gold and Silver. Nintendo claims that it's because TPC president Tsunekazu lost his pedometer while walking his dog but I don't believe that crap. Enough crappy speculation. It was not included to combat piracy. The AP was included to combat piracy. Not the Pokewalker.

Anyways...
Dead_pokemon_by_TwistedJ.jpg

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atomic Revolution said:
Hiz_95 said:
Bull fucking shit.

That makes no sense. The Pokewalker was included as a remake to a similar device included with Gold and Silver. Nintendo claims that it's because TPC president Tsunekazu lost his pedometer while walking his dog but I don't believe that crap. Enough crappy speculation. It was not included to combat piracy. The AP was included to combat piracy. Not the Pokewalker.

Anyways...

Actually, fyi, the Pokewalker DID play a part in the anti-piracy crap. At least in the Japanese version, it did. The game checked for the specific hardware used to connect with the Pokewalker. So yes. It WAS part of the AP, and a pretty good one at that. It WAS included, at least slightly, to go against piracy. As it WAS part of the AP
tongue.gif

Hiz_95

Trophies
XP
Country
Atomic Revolution said:
Hiz_95 said:
Bull fucking shit.

Anyways...

IIRC I read somewhere that a patch is not possible BECAUSE of the IR chip on the card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Catnip high