ROM Hack Pokemon Clear Crystal

destrall

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i'm trying to patch the rom but i'm always getting an error saying "xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"
can someone help and tell me what i'm doing wrong?

MNOPYZ Strife

Actionscript Programmer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
hi, i'm trying to patch the rom but i'm always getting an error saying "xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"
can someone help and tell me what i'm doing wrong?

I think it's a problem with the patcher I put in. I'll fix it when the new patch is done.

Hopefully, on the next patch we'll be able to swap the Lugia/Ho-oh at the title screen with Lucario...
...But until I can get someone that can Animate Lucario, I'll continue to work on adding new Pokemons.

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Black-Ice

MNOPYZ Strife

Actionscript Programmer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Hey guys, sorry for the patch, we'll be releasing a new one soon.

Progress update;

I've finished my TM Chain "Research". Apparently, it's 44 bytes long.

Interesting discovery; Every one of these sections so far (General Stats, Evolution, TM Compatibility) are each 44 bytes long. Not exactly sure why; but if this pattern continues on to "Level up Moves" and "Pokemon General Information", altogether it'll be 220 bytes of data per Pokemon. {About 108,900 bytes for all the Pokemon}

After knowing the location of each one (Which is very easy), We'll be able to safely insert Fakemons; That is, after I know what data points to sprites. I guess I'll get working on that next.

I'm still pretty lost when it comes to Pokemon Battle Sprites though. They can't be viewed properly, and apparently there's a point in it in which you can stuff as much data as you want, and the pointers won't be affected whatsoever.

As soon as any progress is made, I'll post it here.

"Thank you for your time" ^_^

EDIT/UPDATE 1:

My connection stopped for the past week, so I couldn't update earlier, sorry.

Anyways; After a whole lot of "Experimenting", I finished my "Research" on Pokemon data and it's locations. I've discovered that;
  1. The Pokemon's name, description, kind (in the pokedex) are stored in the Text.
  2. The Pokemon's Height and Weight are supposedly stored somewhere between 16B2F35-16B8449.
  3. The Pokemon's stats and other basic data (44 Bytes) (HP, Atk, Def, Spd, SpDef, SpAtk,Types, Gender Threshold, Abilities, Held Items, Base Experience, Max Experience, Egg Groups, Color, Catch Rate, Run Chance, Base Happiness, EVHP, EVAtk, EVDef, EVSpd, EVSpAtk, EVSpDef) are stored in 331040-336763.
  4. The Pokemon's Evolutions (44 Bytes) are stored in 1955842-195AF65.
  5. The Pokemon's TM Compatibility (44 Bytes) is stored in 33105C-336550.
  6. The Pokemon's Level up moves are stored in 1950C18-195456B.
And during my research, I discovered that;
  1. The Pokemon's 'Stats and basic data' is in the following order; Bulbasaur to Arceus, then Egg, then Bad Egg, then the Pokemon different forms (Like the Wormadams and Rotoms).
  2. After Stats and Data, Evolutions, and TM Comp. , There's 9A (154) bytes of free data, followed by a NARC file. This data is fully editable. so at best, I can stuff in 3 New pokemon in this space. If I'm able to find a way to stretch this space, All problems would be solved.

"Thank you for your time" ^_^

PR3D4TOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,

The description says "we made most of the plot"

Does that mean the story is not fully developed in this BETA Version? When will it stop? Before the Elite4?

Reactions: ShawnBurress

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2