Pokémon Black & White

connorroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Theres also a random match feature that will match people from around the world so they can battle in real time

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand why it takes them so long to localize the games. Do they really have to quality-check everything 20 times? The fan translations are made by people who don't get paid for their work, yet they finished their translation back in November. Why can't NoA's workers translate this game anywhere near as fast as them?

Net_Bastard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
I don't understand why it takes them so long to localize the games. Do they really have to quality-check everything 20 times? The fan translations are made by people who don't get paid for their work, yet they finished their translation back in November. Why can't NoA's workers translate this game anywhere near as fast as them?

I have the latest English patch and it's not fully translated.

D

Deleted_171835

Net_Bastard said:
YayMii said:
I have the latest English patch and it's not fully translated.
Almost everything has been translated.
http://gbatemp.net/t256628-pokemon-black-a...ish-translation

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Yaymii's point is if they wanna to fully translated the game they would have been done well before March (maybe January I'd think cause I'm sure everything not translated as of the final release were minor.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Fuck yeah! I´m definitely having this game in my hands.

So beautiful music, scenarios, and 3d!

Besides the retro-functions like IR ...

I wonder how will it look in DSi mode since it is designed for DS/i .

D

Deleted_171835

Coto said:
I wonder how will it look in DSi mode since it is designed for DS/i .
The appearance of the game won't change at all.
The only thing that will change when the game is played in DSi mode, IIRC is the ability to communicate with people via the DSi's camera.

portezbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited about the new pokemon games same as everyone else, but how come no one is talking about the new dragon quest game coming out? I'm def looking forward to that as well.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it is kinda bad... but after a while u get used to it. its sorta like the really horrible scaling they did back in R/B/G/Y

Even though it has alot of things to remind you of the very first gen, it still doesnt feel like a refresh or a reboot, well the one i think they were going for.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Yes they do have to check it 20 times since they can not patch ds games. Also Nintendo chooses the best time to release to sell the most units, putting the game onto cartridges, packaging, shipping, AP programming, marketing time, other projects etc.

D

Deleted User

YayMii said:
Do you honestly think its just for translation reasons?
NO, Its because of marketing, The anime timeline, the timing of the 3ds launch, etc.

There are many other reasons besides translation.

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo dropped the ball on this one.

IR communication must be really bleeding edge.

Bleeding edge back in the 90's when it was built into the damn console.

I think WIFI would be far more effecient means of communication.

Mondegreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
game01 said:
when you talk about scaling, is it the way the pokemons look like when they're zoomed in?

Yeah just when the camera is moving around in battle and stuff. Hopefully with the 3DS's higher cartridge sizes we'll get a full 3D adventure for the next gen of games, with battles like Stadium, Coloseum, Battle Revolution 'n' stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?