• Views 1,162,800
  • Replies 7,081
  • Likes 5

TheGreatNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to confirm BW 2 working on R4 SDHC? I tried using wood firmware but guess it doesn't support sdhc, yet some people stated it was working.

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes i'm playing on the same flashcard without a problem, but please there's a topic for all of the AP/Flashcards and everything about Pokemon Black 2/White 2 so keep it there, you can also found the solution there

http://gbatemp.net/topic/329304-pokemon-blackwhite-2-ap-thread/

Here it is, just follow the tutorial and it works, if you still have a problem then get another rom, use a clean rom not a pre-patch

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IF this is true, will be VERY sad.... i like so much pokesav
more easy to use, more friendly gui....

anyway... i'm using pokegen =/
No.. Pokegen is more friendly.....Not as big and better sorted. Not to mention that 90% of the noobs using it flips in and out the first time they see pokesav until they get it.. once they get it they become anti everything else.....

you think more frendly...I think pokesav more friendly.. I have an open mind for new things, because of that i'm using pokegen... but i had to agree with you, pokesav fanboys are a pain in the ass

Luna

Trophies
XP
Country
IF this is true, will be VERY sad.... i like so much pokesav
more easy to use, more friendly gui....

anyway... i'm using pokegen =/
No.. Pokegen is more friendly.....Not as big and better sorted. Not to mention that 90% of the noobs using it flips in and out the first time they see pokesav until they get it.. once they get it they become anti everything else.....

To be fair, PokeSav is much precise working. I never could create a Pokémon @ Pokegen that would pass any hack/legit-check. However with PokéSav I could and still can.

When I'm going to finish my project to create for every Pokémon a usefull moveset (Competive) using PokeSav.
I will probably restart this summer by just trying to finish all OU Pokémon up to 493 as I cannot RNG in 5th gen.

To be more clear. I will only hack a pokemon that passes the most updated Hack/Legit-Checks that I can RNG too =3. This means only Pokémon from DPP are RNG'able or me.

EDIT: I'm not a fan-boy(girl actually) or anything. It's just personal preferences. I use Pokégen for Wondercards if the one from Wondercard Insertions Program from Grovyle (or something) doesn't work.

I got a program for most the most little and simple things.

TheGreatNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err actually that topic is kinda confusing. Are you guys talking about R4i Sdhc? The one I'm talking about is just regular R4 SDHC. That doesn't seem to be in the topic though.

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those using R4i's i've noticed if you try saving in the drifveil cave (dont know its real name) the game crashes. dont know if this is a known issue on all cards or just the R4i's it also happened when i tried saving when i went up the elevator with teh 5th gym leader after beat him and i tried saving it when we ended up back in the gym entrence.
Maybe its just something bout the 'insides' of driftveil that cause teh crash

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i wouldn't mind if they finally made the jump to using 3D models for pokemon. I want the whole game to feel 3D though. I'm tired of the 2D cartoony look of the world in handheld Pokemons so far. I really loved what they did for Pokemon Snap way back on N64. it was the first and only time where i actually felt like i was part of that world. I don't want any more sprites for Pokemon in the 3DS version.

I had pokémon snap and I found I outstanding,
but for me, the best was pokémon Stadium,
For me, the game looked so perfect,
and since then I always asked for Nintendo to make a pokémon RPG with those graphics
With Pokédex 3D and 3D Pro I'm hoping and expecting they do it with the next 3DS Pokémon

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
To be fair, PokeSav is much precise working. I never could create a Pokémon @ Pokegen that would pass any hack/legit-check. However with PokéSav I could and still can.

When I'm going to finish my project to create for every Pokémon a usefull moveset (Competive) using PokeSav.
I will probably restart this summer by just trying to finish all OU Pokémon up to 493 as I cannot RNG in 5th gen.

To be more clear. I will only hack a pokemon that passes the most updated Hack/Legit-Checks that I can RNG too =3. This means only Pokémon from DPP are RNG'able or me.

EDIT: I'm not a fan-boy(girl actually) or anything. It's just personal preferences. I use Pokégen for Wondercards if the one from Wondercard Insertions Program from Grovyle (or something) doesn't work.

I got a program for most the most little and simple things.
If you used pokesav before black&white gen. Then you must be hell of a lucky person to make it work everytime. Pokesav is NOT noob friendly when it comes to creating a legit pokemon for the gens BEFORE black&white. In fact ALL OF THEM required a tutorial the first time to make it legit. PokeGen however was and STILL is easy to create legit pokemon before B&W gen. Because of some reason after b&w came out the creators decided to make PID unaffected by stats. Yes.... The most annoying part of creating a competely legit pokemon was gone. Now everyone can pratically create a legit pokemon by simply throwing a caught pokemon in a editor that edits stats and edit all they want....... Want to argue more?

EDIT: Wait what... You failed to create a legit pokemon for the newest gen? Seriously its the easiest to create legit one... If you were able to do it before that. Then pokegen would be a easy case. Its a simple matter of using their search motor for a working pid like pokesav. But pokesav often had pid that didnt work. Pokegen too if ur wondering. Nothings perfect. But my point is pokegen is easier. Pokesav is only easy once you know everything....

EDIT2: And like always. Manually creating the PID is way better as you have more control of what your actually getting out of this PID value that makes your pokemon legit.

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
wood supports sdhc

Not really it needs a special version of Wood

Err actually that topic is kinda confusing. Are you guys talking about R4i Sdhc? The one I'm talking about is just regular R4 SDHC. That doesn't seem to be in the topic though.

Sorry my bad, i was just looking and I don't know why they remove the R4SDHC from the list but the tutorial it's still there, and yeah, the post is a little confusing without it

Use this Wood:

http://woodforr4sdhc.yolasite.com/

And then use the V2 Patch of the first post, and turn off Cheats, reset, and everything on the game options on Wood

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Project Pokemon translation v3 released: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?24143-Pok%E9mon-Black-2-and-White-2-Translation-Project
"Approximate percentages
------------------------
Battle System (attacks, items, blacking out) - 100%
Pokemon names - 100%
Pokedex entries - 80% (new entries for Unova pokemon in V4)
Pokemon World Tournament - 90% (gym leader/champion dialogue not done yet)
Story - 5% (essential pieces finished at beginning)
Wi-Fi - 80%
Items + descriptions - 100%
Medal Names + descriptions - 100%
PC System - 98%
Pokemon Center + Poke Mart - 100%
Union Room - 95%
Title Screens - 100%
Summary Screens - 95% (missing info for unknown event pkmn)
Status ailment, Type graphics - 100%
Abilities + descriptions - 100%
Trainer Card - 95%"

Reactions: 1 person

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project Pokemon translation v3 released: http://projectpokemo...slation-Project
"Approximate percentages
------------------------
Pokemon names - 100%
Wi-Fi - 80%
PC System - 98%
Union Room - 95%
Title Screens - 100%
Trainer Card - 95%"
dang, i didn't know there was a translation in the works already. That makes me tempted to try the game instead of waiting. I think i could get through most of the game with just items and menus translated, as long as there aren't any difficult puzzles. Thanks.

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Project Pokemon translation v3 released: http://projectpokemo...slation-Project
"Approximate percentages
------------------------
Pokemon names - 100%
Wi-Fi - 80%
PC System - 98%
Union Room - 95%
Title Screens - 100%
Trainer Card - 95%"
dang, i didn't know there was a translation in the works already. That makes me tempted to try the game instead of waiting. I think i could get through most of the game with just items and menus translated, as long as there aren't any difficult puzzles. Thanks.

oriep

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Been lurking here the past 2 days but this is my first post in this thread. I was stunned by the amount of noobs asking the same shit over and over again, seriously. I've been patiently reading as much as I could and managed to get things up and running just fine. No need to post 300 times if you just take some time and try to actually read some (a lot, actually xD) pages back.

I'd like to thank those who actually made useful posts. They were hard to find with all those spamming bastards but with some searching I found everything to solve all issues I had from finding a good rom till getting to the moment where I was able to play AP free~

Also, just another confirmation that the patch in the OP works fine on original R4 running Wood 1.49.
As said before, make sure the soft reset and cheat options are turned off.

Will update as I play. I'll try to keep my game on as long as possible to see if it's 100% fixed.

I am running wood 1.49 as well but i am freezing up about a every 20mins.
Why does the OP still say it doesn't work with R4 Wood. It does, and has since yesterday.

In my Wood 1.49 runs fine, but it freezes when open the Pokemon menu. There is any patch for the freeze? Or Wood users must wait until v. 1.50?

Try formatting your SD card, then put Wood 1.49 and the rom, patched with the one in the first post, on your R4.
Also make sure you don't patch the rom with an already patched one, cause it WILL screw up. Use a clean one for this patch and it should fix the summary freeze, random freezes and the exp.
Don't use the translation patch either.
And last, are you 100% sure it's an original R4? Like, the very first version made? If so, I don't see how this all fails to work =3

Let me know if it works~

Edit: Also, don't forget to check if your Soft Reset and cheat options are both disabled, very important ^^

Now, I may get suspended for this question, but why is everyone freaking out about saying "patch"? I know that there are no roms on GBAtemp, but I've seen people linking to the 2CH patch mulitple times in this thread, and they're perfectly fine. So why is everyone freaking out about linking a patch?

You can use the word patch, just not the name of this particular patch.

Oh, thank you so much, it works perfectly
And yes, it was an original R4

Are you experiencing freezing when you open the C-Gear?

Hm, haven't bothered checking the C-Gear, but now I try it, yeah, it freezes when I trying using it. Though I didn't need it for a playthrough.

Avril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You should follow @Lomeli12 guide:

Ok, here are the steps for you R4i-SDHC users
1. Reformat your cart, make sure you have the latest firmware, yada yada yada...
2. Download a CLEAN copy of either Pokemon Black 2 or White 2
3. Download the latest version of RetroGameFan's Multi Cart Firmware: http://gbatemp.net/t...pdatesreleases/
4. Download the AP v2 Patch on the first post of this thread.
5. Drag-and-Drop your copy of the game onto the AP Patch. Do all the confirmation stuff, etc.
6. Extract the files from RetroGameFan's firmware.
7. Copy the files from \29525-RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v6.80\R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu and place it on the root of your flash cart.
8. Place your patch copy of the game to the root of your flashcart
9. From your flash cart, run TTmenu.nds
10. Select your game, and click the little plus sign.
11. Set everything in the settings to off.
12. Run the game
Oh...I followed all the steps, but when I start TTmenu.nds there is a loading screen in the lower left, so, I thought it was crashed, so i shut up the Dsi, and now my card doesn't work, Error= No card inserted, anyone can help me please? ;_________________; my r4i ç_ç

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1