XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon Black Ruby & White Sapphire

Remake%20Ruby.PNG
Remake%20Sapphire.PNG

{Yes I stole the box art.}

Introduction:
Ever since playing Pokemon Emerald again It just got me thinking on if I should maybe hack Pokemon B/W to bring back some of the nostalgic things such as Gyms, E4, Legends, Wild Pokemon from Pokemon R/S/E.At first I thought it would be hard but after a while I realized with all the Pokemon B/W hacking tools It is possible for me to do so.This hack is not planned to edit story but it might if the tools are released.

Features:

• All pokemon can be caught however only 3rd Gen pokemon before the E4
  • The starters Torchic, Treecko and Mudkip will have their DW abilities.
  • Legends Reshiram and Zekrom can only be caught after E4 at dragon spiral tower because Groudon/Kyogre will be at the E4
  • Male Hero and Female will have their R/S/E appearance
  • All Gyms will have edited sprites for leaders and teams
  • The E4 is R/S/E base
Progress:

0%

Need testers, sprite editors and wild pokemon insterters.

This will be 100% done most probably by mid June.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck, seems the number of BW hacks is growing pretty quickly, and this one seems like a nice change. Also, there's a typo in the second feature.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GranolaBar said:
Good luck! I am looking forward to this game! I have a tip for you:

*Make it look as real as a real Pokemon game*

Which is the whole point of making a hack of an existing Pokémon game.

You seriously didn't think he was making this from scratch, did you?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
GranolaBar said:

He mean he wanted it to look as good as a real Pokemon game, but those hacks are hard to come by.

And it's pretty difficult since we don't know how to script or map yet...

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Evo.lve said:
GranolaBar said:

He mean he wanted it to look as good as a real Pokemon game, but those hacks are hard to come by.

I seriously don't think anyone could be bothered to completely map out a previous gen game.

I mean, really?

EDIT: Awesomeness, welcome to my new, pictureless, sig.

Z

Zorua

I have lots of free time in May and June so I can test and also help with the hacking.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Maybe i can be become you tester but i no active on gbatemp, but on pokemon project forum for research many thing about pokemon BW, yeah i have own pokemon BW hack project but maybe suspend for research some data on BW (yeah thankyou for twistmetal, drayano, and many people on pokemon project is help me a lot for more easy editing. so i active on project pokemon and not on pokemon community or gbatemp because i no have idea these website and no someone help me or intersting data on there (but for patch i always search on gbatemp).....

yeah i have skill :
- manipulate ROM BW, i no have skill on last generation like HGSS, but i was know Hacking BW, about editing sprite ( you can see my youtube channel for sure).
- text? is my skill, i was find anything but i lazy to change all because i must know unkown file on pokemon BW first after there i change it
- sorry my bad spelling, but i know english.
- stat editing? i can editing manual via HEX editing, is usefull if twistfatal tools is buggy or wrong give a value..
- kazotools is usefull tools, well for alternate form is my skill, i was know some formula, yay but wondering about rotom form, but now no tested yet...
- and many skill

But i noticed you:
- if you change started, you must change sprite too.. (i no give a location, because you not help me on my ROM hack project
tongue.gif
)
- alternative form is some reason not working on trainer, kazowar is not complete automatic editing, some part is gone and wrong, but is useful for editing for now.
- you can see my old list on pokemon comunity but is have wrong place, sorry for that but i was have new one is was correctly and completely in my new research method.
- i hacked pokemon BW since japanese version, in US/E release is have encrypted name on a/0/0/2 and a/0/0/3, is look gone but is hidden data or encrypt data.
- trainer class or modified pokemon trainer, unkown value is important than other data, if wrong, maybe is no be hard!.
- i was discovery twistfatal tools, and know is working, well sometimes is give you error.

For now i study for scripting, but anyway good luck ! i hope you done quickly ^o^, i was found 5/6 pokemon BW hacking like you, i was done 44 % on my project (is not english, but my language, indonesia)
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
machomuu said:
Evo.lve said:
GranolaBar said:

I seriously don't think anyone could be bothered to completely map out a previous gen game.

I mean, really?

EDIT: Awesomeness, welcome to my new, pictureless, sig.
It's been done. DestineJagold did it with all 3 of his hacks, do to them being set in different regions. It's not unheard of for a hacker to remap a full region. I never planned to due to the fact that my hacks are usually set in existing regions with altered maps.

Dr.Aqua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NOW RECRUITING!​

Logo.png

Skills Needed:
Story/Script Writers
Rom Editors
Sprite Artists
Music Manipulation(MIDI Manipulation etc. FL STUDIO)
Music ROM Manipulation(Inserting Music)
Trainer Team/Pokemon builders

To join, just request an invite here: https://groups.google.com/group/ProjectBRWS
You MUST State your skills in reason box.

If you are accepted, you MUST reply to the Jobs thread stating your skills, no more testers are accepted. If you do not reply you will be remove from the project

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8