Country
United Kingdom

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
off topic but:
Does anyone actually find it more difficult to gain EXP/level up in gen 5?

i did find it harder to level. many wild pokemon you catch are too weak to actually fight wild pokemon in the area they were caught, meaning you're forced to switch pokemon and half your exp gain for that pokemon.

the new system works nice to get a newly hatched pokemon or one from 5 routes ago up to speed. but from that point on, its getting terribly slow.
only thing countering that is audino.

and when you look at the tiny amount of trainers and even worse, the fact that they almost all have just one or two pokemon, most of which are unevolved and even with trainer bonus still give tiny exp.

yes, the game makes it easy to level up low level pokemon, but leveling up is not easier in general. maintaining a team of 6 is still as punishing as ever
so yeah. in the end, leveling still boils down to the e4, fighting the highest leveled wild pokemon and whatever you can repeat battle. its not much faster than it was before, but at least while you still play through the story, it feels much slower

Reactions: 1 person

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
OOH LAWDY WE HAS A WHOLE NEW STORY.
It means it's not the same thing as a merger. >_>
That wasn't a sarcastic post, that was a "I don't give it fuck I'm still gonna buy pirate it" post.
Ah, okay then. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Same here. xD
I can see where it'd come from, I happen to type like I talk so unless you knew me personally you wouldn't have any idea what I mean. Heh.

I'm sure the story would be the same general formula though, 8 gyms, possibly in a new/old region. Which actually brings me to a new thought, what if they fit the Hoenn region into the story? Then I'd actually buy one of them.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Pokemon + Samurai Chronicles comes out this friday
hoping for a early leak ^_^
Nobunaga's Ambition (or Nobunaga no Yabou) is NOT Samurai Chronicles. I understand the underlying similarities, but i think that so far, all KOEI Ambition titles have always been simulation strategy titles (something like Romance of the Three Kingdoms) at least, that's what i believe (and hope) this title will be. if it turns out to be just your standard turn-based strategy game (or a Tactics game), i'll be sorely disappointed.

however, on that note, the chances of this getting localized if it is INDEED a true Ambition title is pretty much zero, seeing as the only Ambition title i know off the top of my head that has been localized was Nobunaga's Ambition on the Gameboy. That's about it.

EDIT: oh crap. i spewed a lot of OT. to get back on topic though, um.... mainstream (non-spinoff) Pokemon still got me on burnout so... but I will check out Black & White 2 when it comes out, just as i checked out Black & White when it came out.

oh yes, not the PC titles, the DS ones. XD

ALSO: TehSkull, your signature... iLike. :D

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemon stopped being cool after the hoenn gen,they ran out of ideas a long time ago and pokemon these days look like digimon
026qg.png

023tt.png

022a.png

Reactions: 3 people

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
implying that voltorb, muk and pidgeon where so totally creative
or the evolution by taking one pokemon and adding 2 more of the same into it, like digda and dugdrio or magnetite and magneton

creating monsters is hard, thats just the way it is and eventually, things will look similar once in a while when they are based on a similar idea, like the same animal, or some mythical creature

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know! Water/Dragon = Neutral to everything :) But I love kingdra :D if only it had a bit higher attack stats and abit more speed lol.

There probably will be a new move tutor and new moves?

but there probably wont be that much new lol
a dragon attack is super effective

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly hope that this isn't 'just another sequel' like Platinum or Emerald.

The content addition just doesn't make up for the lack of a different story. It gets boring after a point and you don't feel like playing it.

You hope it's not just another sequel...
You mean not just a sequel just like yellow, gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, fire red, leaf green, emerald, diamond, pearl, platinum, heartgold, heartsilver, black and white?

It's pokemon. It'll be an identical sequel of the exact same game, sold for full price. The only difference this time is now its multiplied into two identical copies with different boxart so Nintendo can cash in on the less intelligent of the fanbase that actually buys both versions.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah more Pokemons! But I don't want spoilers from the first game, which I didn't finish. What happened to the Pokemon Liberation Front?! Carpet-bombed by the Americans?

however, on that note, the chances of this getting localized if it is INDEED a true Ambition title is pretty much zero, seeing as the only Ambition title i know off the top of my head that has been localized was Nobunaga's Ambition on the Gameboy. That's about it.

There are actually quite a few titles localized, and we even got some of the power up packs, unlike ROTK -_-, but yeah, completely different from Samurai Chronicles

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cheren is a joke of a trainer though, he uses a goddamned Liepard even in his final team. (It's strategies include dying like a bitch, or using fake out, then dying like a bitch.)
See there's a reason why Cheren can be rematched daily but Bianca can only be rematched on the weekend, because she actually has a competent team.

True, but remember - in B&W, Cheren beat the Elite 4, Bianca didn't. Bianca really can't be the new champion (if my theory is correct) because she chose to be Juniper's assistant. I think her abilities to be champion would be hindered if she hand to do that kind of work.

Again, just my theory. I could be way off base here.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unless they create a new world, with new places and new Gym leaders, etc. I can't consider this a sequel. Having no new Pokemon is fine by me, there's way too many now as it is.

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I don't know if it's been said already but for all we know you might take the role of N in this game. Seeing how he just flew off somewhere randomly so either A. We find out where he ran off to by playing as him or B. We get a new character who run's into N in this new region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol