Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I am assuming such a method is being developed?

yes, xfr and i are planning on gen 6 pokecheck working like gen 5 pokecheck in terms of uploading and downloading. battle videos should be available as well. i'm not sure about wondercards yet. basically, everything we can do will be available for everyone to use. we've both been so busy lately that we just haven't had time to work on it. we already have everything we need to get it done.

Reactions: tyons

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yes, xfr and i are planning on gen 6 pokecheck working like gen 5 pokecheck in terms of uploading and downloading. battle videos should be available as well. i'm not sure about wondercards yet. basically, everything we can do will be available for everyone to use. we've both been so busy lately that we just haven't had time to work on it. we already have everything we need to get it done.

have you inquired with datel why certain codes where removed........to maybe avoid getting any crap yourselves if nintendo did force their hand on the matter

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still have a datel employee's email address from when i gave them a bit of help with the x/y codes. i'll have to send him an email.

Reactions: kingaz

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i still have a datel employee's email address from when i gave them a bit of help with the x/y codes. i'll have to send him an email.
from the response people have had so far "we can't comment on it" sounds like there has been some hushing involved, he may let you know at least they gave you credits in powersaves so they may just warn you if nintendo could possibly get upset with allowing unreleased pokemon to be gained

Greatness120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading the 1st page, it seems like there's no Pokemon editor right now? Just a way to check on your shiny values through dumping?

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is, PKheX as long as your save is decrypted. BUT, you cannot re-encrypt the save back yet for the changes to take effect. (If there is a way, then I am behind).

Edit: I mean resign the AES.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is someone working on a encryption feature or no?

Encryption works; the thing that hasn't been done is re-signing the AES signature.

That cannot be emulated by software without a full decapping of the AES engine or use of a hacked 3DS and doing everything like a 3DS would. Powersaves can do it, but they won't do it for edited saves.

Nobody knows when/if a public option will become available.

Jew-bro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
May I ask if the makers behind the powersaves and PokéGen are working together, so you can edit your powersaved files with PokéGen, like before? Or is the chance that we edit the saves with PokéGen so small that it is nearly nothing? It would be handy for the EV training, it takes to friggin' long...

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
May I ask if the makers behind the powersaves and PokéGen are working together, so you can edit your powersaved files with PokéGen, like before? Or is the chance that we edit the saves with PokéGen so small that it is nearly nothing? It would be handy for the EV training, it takes to friggin' long...

There is already the PKX editor. It's pretty much pointless at this point, though, since, like Kaphotics said, it's pretty much impossible to do. Unless you have a hacked 3DS, you can't fully decrypt your save, and from my understanding, the method to partially decrypt your save file which allows you to view it in the PKX editor no longer works because of a change to the way Datel re-signs saves when using Powersaves.

Considering that Datel have figured out a way to do it, we know that is is POSSIBLE. As for when it becomes available to Average Joe, we have no idea, but it'll probably happen eventually.

I am interested to know how Datel figures this out but other hackers don't. Do they just work on it all day and night? Do they hire the world's best hackers? I'm legitimately curious as to how they pull it off when no one else (at least publicly) can.

Jew-bro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is already the PKX editor. It's pretty much pointless at this point, though, since, like Kaphotics said, it's pretty much impossible to do. Unless you have a hacked 3DS, you can't fully decrypt your save, and from my understanding, the method to partially decrypt your save file which allows you to view it in the PKX editor no longer works because of a change to the way Datel re-signs saves when using Powersaves.

Considering that Datel have figured out a way to do it, we know that is is POSSIBLE. As for when it becomes available to Average Joe, we have no idea, but it'll probably happen eventually.

I am interested to know how Datel figures this out but other hackers don't. Do they just work on it all day and night? Do they hire the world's best hackers? I'm legitimately curious as to how they pull it off when no one else (at least publicly) can.

I also wondered why, but Datel is a large company with the money to get high-level hackers. I tried to break the code and that revealed that I should not ever try that again, because, well, I erm... Fucked up... But still, I think that we can freely hack like with PokéGen (yes, I am a fan of that) within a year, BUT only if the game update coming with ORAS won't change the encrypting. It would be cool if I could finally train my 3 boxes of PokéMon by just clicking and typing for a half an hour instead of a couple of weeks by hand.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already possible for anyone to inject Pokemon, granted they have a Japanese X/Y and the Cyber Gadget device. PKHeX can make codes / save altered 'main' savefiles, and Cyber Gadget will sign/reencrypt for you.

Reactions: MGS1980

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already possible for anyone to inject Pokemon, granted they have a Japanese X/Y and the Cyber Gadget device. PKHeX can make codes / save altered 'main' savefiles, and Cyber Gadget will sign/reencrypt for you.

It is an amazing tool! I still don't know why people still think that Save Editor is the one doing all the work. Everybody who was hating on it before as being useless are now having to eat their words now.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I also wondered why, but Datel is a large company with the money to get high-level hackers. I tried to break the code and that revealed that I should not ever try that again, because, well, I erm... Fucked up... But still, I think that we can freely hack like with PokéGen (yes, I am a fan of that) within a year, BUT only if the game update coming with ORAS won't change the encrypting. It would be cool if I could finally train my 3 boxes of PokéMon by just clicking and typing for a half an hour instead of a couple of weeks by hand.

From my understanding, an update cannot change the encryption method that the game uses. The updates sit on the system (I believe they're stored on the SD card - someone please correct me if I'm wrong), so if you take the cartridge and stick it in a console without the updates, it still has to be able to function. Granted, it wouldn't work ONLINE, but you could still use it offline, and therefore, the encryption method would have to stay the same. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's just impossible without physical alterations, anyway, or at least least modifying the software on the game cart, which isn't possible (I believe it's read-only NAND... is that correct?), so.... ORAS might have different encryption (although it seems kind of unlikely), but XY never will.

Apologies, I completely did not know about the Cyber Gadget stuff until AFTER I made that post. Apparently I missed out on a bunch of news over the past couple of months.... which is kind of ironic, considering I've been proactively looking at this stuff recently. I guess I just glossed over it by accident until today. I still look forward to having it available to everyone, though. I'd rather not have hacks running rampant online, but it seems Nintendo have done a good job of preventing that, so you can hack your game to bits and not ruin anyone else's experience.... although I used Powersaves to put Dream Balls in my game, caught a couple of Pokemon, then sent them away on the GTS. In retrospect, that was a really dumb thing to do, but.... it worked. And one of them was a Diggersby, a sixth-gen Pokemon that cannot be in a Dream Ball ever (at least, not yet). But that's besides the point, anyway. I should mention that I do indeed know that it's already possible for people with emuNAND to also inject Pokemon with PKHeX.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
*snip* I should mention that I do indeed know that it's already possible for people with emuNAND to also inject Pokemon with PKHeX.
tbh, gateway users are the least able when it comes to hacking pokemon atm, but we can get modded pokemon that have been transferred to a gateway save.....but when using emunand, you basically cannot use power saves or cyber gadget at all.......not even with a legit cart played in classic mode, only way gateway gets any hacked pokemon is via people who transfer them to a gateway save, thats the only advantage gateway users get is that they can share saves, which at least means one person can transfer a hacked pokemon to a gateway save and then all gateway users can have it with no need for the device itself

there is currently no save editors that work with gateway saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.