Plunger64 - Scripts to fix old SM64 hacks on N64 Version 1.1 release

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,600
  • Replies 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Over at the Everdrive forum, user macN64 released Version 1.1 of his tool Plunger64.
V1.1 Changes:
- You now have the option to replace warp pipe behaviours with normal warp behaviours.
This is an old workaround for dealing with warp pipes that freeze the game when you enter them, although it will cause the pipes themselves to lose collision.
- The Remove Fish option is now a lot more robust, and no longer causes Sky Stories to crash when you get close to where the fish used to be.
Plunger64 is a collection of scripts which try to help you fix old SM64 hacks so you can play them on real N64 consoles.
It addresses many of the N64 compatibility problems found in hacks built using Toad’s Tool 64 and the Level Importer.
It also includes some optional features to try and reduce the amount of lag you’ll get when playing on console.
Once you’ve set things up and have got the hang of using it, you can fix (or at least try to fix) a hack in under 60 seconds.
Many hacks can’t be fixed with Plunger64! My scripts are very general purpose and not very clever. They were made to fix the more simplistic hacks built using Toad’s Tool 64, but many hacks have extra quirks and issues of their own.
Even in hacks that can be fixed, you will still encounter bugs.
I estimate that Plunger64 should be able to get about 50% of hacks made prior to 2019 to at least run on console (hopefully that’s an under estimate).
Most of the fixing here is done by other (better, more sophisticated) tools which were made by other people – massive thanks to aglab2, Davideesk and queueRAM for these.
The goal of Plunger64 is to streamline things – to make it simpler, faster and less daunting to fix old SM64 hacks.

There’s quite a bit of self assembly you need to do before you can use Plunger64. If you can set aside 15-20 minutes to follow the steps in the included guide, you will be rewarded with the ability to fix (or at least try to fix) a SM64 hack in under 60 seconds.
Source:https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=10248.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...