Hacking PLEASE help me unbrick my wii!!!

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
knetten said:
mattjd said:
nope your fucked. Might as well send to nintendo and get it repaired. Just say I updated to 4.2 and the screen was just black
tongue.gif
Do you think I can do that? Just send it to Nintendo and say it got broken by a normal update? Dont I have to pay for anything then?
You'll be lucky if you don't have to, I'll say that.

knetten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Lol...someone say I dont have to pay, and someone say I do. Who am I gonna belive?
And...do I have to call them? Can't I just send my wii and atach a letter or something?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No you need to make a RMA on it.
Sorry, but you are bound to pay for your mistakes.

But if you are lucky, they will not charge you.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
knetten said:
Lol...someone say I dont have to pay, and someone say I do. Who am I gonna belive?
And...do I have to call them? Can't I just send my wii and atach a letter or something?

Anyway its better to pay the repair costs than buying a new Wii...

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[sarcasm]aha yea attach a letter and just link em to this thread and send it to N headquarters[/sarcasm]

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow xzxero is a dick, just WOW.

Anyway Nintendo of America charges $80 for a repair, if you are under warantee you may not have to pay, if you are not under warantee you will have to pay.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HellFireXS said:
wow xzxero is a dick, just WOW.

Anyway Nintendo of America charges $80 for a repair, if you are under warantee you may not have to pay, if you are not under warantee you will have to pay.

Pretty sure they said that if the brick was caused by updating to system menu 4.2 that they wouldn't charge.
However this wasn't really caused by the update, so they would be justified in charging.

About the only other way would be to hope you have the boot1 with trucha bug & remove the flash chips from the motherboard and write bootmii/boot2 to it, then resolder them. I'd pay $80 instead of doing that myself.

At some point people will realise that downgrading or using "safe" updaters has a much higher risk than installing from Nintendo.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PabloACZ said:
knetten said:
HELLO!
Exadently I updated my wii to 4.2. Then I couldnt use homebrew channel to launch coverfloader anymore!
I downloaded something so I could downgrade my wii to 3.2, and then upgrade it to 4.1. I did, and when I upgraded it to 4.1, my wii wouldnt start!
When I press the power button, the green light comes up, but not the picture on the tv. And when I pressing some buttons on the wii remote, it wont reakt. The lights just flashing, and the remote turns off. The wii can eject discs, but thats allmoust all.
To turn the wii off, I need to push the butoon on the wii.
Is there a way to fix this? Can I reboot my wii or something? And if there is nothing to do, can I send it to where I bought my wii then? I havent done any illegal...have I?
PLEASE help me solve this problem! I really want to play wii again!

It sounds to me that the IOS 60 version you installed is the latest, stub one. Do you have a modchip, Preloader or BootMii as Boot2/IOS (and HBC, of course,
tongue.gif
) installed?

P.S.: downgrading the Wii is illegal, you know...
if downgrading is illegal why does nintendo still have all the previous versions of IOS's and system menu's and other channels stored on there servers surely they would delete them so you couldn't downgrade????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P