PlayStation Productions is developing a 'Gravity Rush' movie

gravity rush.jpg

PlayStation Productions, in collaboration with Scott Free Productions, is developing a movie based on the 2012 action-adventure video game Gravity Rush, according to an exclusive report from Deadline. The report also mentions that Anna Mastro (Secret Society of Second Born Royals) will be directing while the script will be penned by Emily Jerome (Panopticon). Details about whether the adaptation will be an animated or live-action one haven't been been shared at this time.

:arrow:SOURCE

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Color me surprised that Ridley Scot's company is involved.
Let's hope the script isn't a mess.

I'm still waiting for the closing of the trilogy, Ridley! Remember the Covenant.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RIP Tony Scott... Ridley's more talented, overlooked, brother.
Ridley Scott got incredibly lucky with a couple of seminal sci-fi films in the late 70's/early 80's, then just made overrated shit for the majority of his career.

Although I'm hoping this might actually make for a decent film ...as long as they base it on the source rather than going for broke with forced diversity.

Reactions: DS1

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I hope something comes out of this and it doesn't get stuck in development hell. Love the games very much and while I would love a third one, I'd still take a movie over. kthing.

I just hope they make it animated and Sony Pictures Animation does it. Given their recent work, I believe that they'll be able to do GR the justice it deserves.

Reactions: CoolMe

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Although I'm hoping this might actually make for a decent film ...as long as they base it on the source rather than going for broke with forced diversity.

You must have a trauma, always talking about "wokeism" and "forced diversity" on anything.

Reactions: Axido

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Freedom of expression goes both ways. You want to scrutinize, but don't want to be scrutinized.
Except I'm not "scrutinizing" an individual with my opinion on the state of artistic freedom in entertainment media, whereas you made no comment on the topic of the thread but chose to "scrutinize" my individual opinion on it.
And who said I don't want to be scrutinized? I welcome honest scrutiny of my opinions, but just (wrongfully) tarring someone as intolerant is a lazy non-argument.

Is it so wrong to mourn a past time that gave us true artistic freedom and creativity over the current trend of creativity governed by a list of inclusion and diversity that trumps storytelling?

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@duwen it sure is telling that old racists like you are bothered by people of different ethnicities being cast in movies... to the point they complain about it when there's no one yet cast.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@duwen it sure is telling that old racists like you are bothered by people of different ethnicities being cast in movies... to the point they complain about it when there's no one yet cast.
You can keep name calling all you like; you don't know that I'm racist, but choose to call me one - I do know that I'm not.
Like I said, labelling someone as intolerant (or racist) is the lazy way to win an argument as it's utterly unprovable.
Am I attacking your viewpoint or opinion? No. ..so, who's intolerant here?

For anyone out of the loop with regards @Dark_Phoras problems with my opinions, see the thread on Netflix adaptation of The Sandman, where I disliked the adaptation of the source material and questioned the forced diversity (although I pointed out that most of the ethnicity changes did nothing to detract from the story, championed the casting of a non-binary actor in the role of Desire, but had issues with gender swapping characters while leaving them written as their original male versions)... yeah, intolerant and racist.

Reactions: CrAzYLiFe

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can keep name calling all you like; you don't know that I'm racist, but choose to call me one - I do know that I'm not.
Like I said, labelling someone as intolerant (or racist) is the lazy way to win an argument as it's utterly unprovable.
Am I attacking your viewpoint or opinion? No. ..so, who's intolerant here?

You're racist because you are against people being hired on the basis of their ethnicity. Clarity and brevity are virtues, I won't write more than I have to just to falsely reinforce the strength of my point of view. As to The Sandman, you didn't have an opinion on the series at all... you just complained about genders and ethnicities and that for those reasons the series was ruined.

In this thread, related to Gravity Rush, we just know that they're considering a movie, nothing more. And you're already complaining that there might be black actors on it.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're racist because you are against people being hired on the basis of their ethnicity. Clarity and brevity are virtues, I won't write more than I have to just to falsely reinforce the strength of my point of view. As to The Sandman, you didn't have an opinion on the series at all... you just complained about genders and ethnicities and that for those reasons the series was ruined.

In this thread, related to Gravity Rush, we just know that they're considering a movie, nothing more. And you're already complaining that there might be black actors on it.
lolwut?

No. I'm against creativity being undermined by skewed moral agendas and the homogenization of entertainment media due to the easily triggered being a more important demographic to please than actually creating works that last. I'm all for the best people for the job being hired.
If you read my comments and jump to "racism", then you have a problem. Plus, you clearly don't actually read what I write as you've totally missed what I actually wrote about Sandman... I even stated that our opions on the show were pretty much inline with one another!! FFS.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
lolwut?

No. I'm against creativity being undermined by skewed moral agendas and the homogenization of entertainment media due to the easily triggered being a more important demographic to please than actually creating works that last. I'm all for the best people for the job being hired.
If you read my comments and jump to "racism", then you have a problem.

Trying to be inclusive of all ethnicities and equalitarian in entertainment media is a "skewed moral agenda" and a "homogenization", in your view...

P.S.: just because I don't comment on every little deviation of a post, doesn't mean I haven't read it. And our opinions on The Sandman aren't the same.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I'll be surprised if they won't confirm a re-release/remaster of both games for PS5 before the movie comes out, because it's been 5 years since the second game launched and it's a great opportunity to bring in new fans.

(please release them on steam)

Reactions: nxwing and CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol