PlayStation Plus October Titles announced

21724360871_d5f2b35e58_b.jpg

The October selection of games for Playstation Plus subscribers has been unveiled. See the full lineup below!

Full Lineup:
  • Super Meat Boy, PS4, PS Vita
  • Broken Age, PS4, PS Vita
  • Unmechanical: Extended, PS4, PS3
  • Chariot, PS3
  • KickBeat, PS3, PS Vita
  • Kung Fu Rabbit, PS3, PS Vita
Super Meat Boy is a pretty good platformer, not too wowed by anything else though. Interesting to see the voting mechanic didn't make a return though.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
When did Super Meat Boy come to PS4 and Vita?

It's launching as a plus title.
I only have Chariot out of these. Even though Kung Fu Rabbit looks like a mobile game, I'm happy with them as it's more stuff for my son to play.
60-72 games a year is awesome even if they were all $/£1 games, still good value.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I assume Super Meat Boy will never be on PS3 then. Even though it's on XBLA. Can someone explain why some games are missing from PSN? Scott Pilgrim VS The World, Outrun 2006 Coast To Coast, etc.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
many times is has to do with License expiring, and was not renewed by the devs/publisher

The annoying thing is that Outrun 2006 is one of my favourite games, and I have it on my XBLA account, but don't have my 360 any more. Not got it on my PSN account, only system I have.

Reactions: Rail Fighter

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume Super Meat Boy will never be on PS3 then. Even though it's on XBLA. Can someone explain why some games are missing from PSN? Scott Pilgrim VS The World, Outrun 2006 Coast To Coast, etc.
Ubisoft didn't renew their license for publishing Scott Pilgrim, so it's gone from all systems.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Super meat boy, how generous. A game that can run on toaster and has been on sale for 99p/in indie bundles many, many times.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
three words for this list FUCK YOU SONY!! your fail once again. the only reason i'm staying a plus member is so i can keep my saves online. now i'm going take some meat and beat it in your FUCKING faces!!

Reactions: QCLasky

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The voting thing was a trial, and if it was successful (which I think it was) will apparently appear once every 3-4 months.

Personally I'd like to see the voting return for bringing back PS Plus titles we might have missed: for some reason I missed out on Chime Super Deluxe when that went on Plus, despite me being a massive fan of the game on 360, and don't want to pay £7.20 for basically a deluxe version of a game I bought, at half that price, with some of that money going to charity, when not a penny of the PS3 version does...

Anyway, iffy month, but the good outweighs the bad in all - I've more than had my moneys worth out of Plus already!! I do miss the multitude of games we got when Plus was PS3 only, but the drop in numbers is to be expected when they're covering 3 systems.
Just heard the PS3 is stopping production soon though, perhaps stopping Plus freebies/more for PS4 would be a nice idea, or maybe giving you access to the PS3 freebies on PS Now, ala 360 BC for XO??

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good month I think. Unlike most, I don't feel like its a right to have multiple triple A titles each month for the cost of my subscription. If you want a retail game, go and buy it and stop spouting the same nonsense month after month. If you bought a PS4 on the notion that you are going to pay £30 odd pounds a year and receive everything for free in your subscription then perhaps you shouldn't have bought a PS4 in the first instance.

Anyway, Meat Boy and Broken Age am looking forward to. Tried Meat Boy back on the 360 a while back and loved it, although it got difficult pretty quick, cant wait to try it again.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Meat Boy is great, though I'd be surprised if there's anyone here that hasn't already played it that wanted to play it. The first half of Broken Age is okay. Other than that...

EDIT: Checked out the others, they're not as bad as I thought they would be.

Last edited by TecXero,

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the risk of complaining about PS+, man these have been some bad months. Signed up a couple years ago when Devil May Cry was offered -- sadly I think that would *still* be a better title than anything in this list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up