Gaming PlayStation Now Subscription service announced

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these are not $60 games. More like 5 or 10 max.

But, according to their website, there's at least 100+ games as part of the subscription.

So... what's the difference in renting $500 worth of games for a month compared to $10-20 for a movie?

I don't see a huge issue with the subscription, I just think it'll get cheaper or integrate with PS+ eventually.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
But, according to their website, there's at least 100+ games as part of the subscription.

So... what's the difference in renting $500 worth of games for a month compared to $10-20 for a movie?

I don't see a huge issue with the subscription, I just think it'll get cheaper or integrate with PS+ eventually.

You're not playing $500 dollars worth of games per month. If you somehow do, its worth your money lol.

And Netflix has more than $20 worth of movies.

My problem with PS Now is for the monthly fee, I can probably buy the physical discs for around the same price and then sell them on whenever I want. I also won't have any issues with streaming games etc.

For me, video games are very time consuming. I can't guarantee finishing more than 2-3 per month. Sometimes more if I have A LOT of free time. However Netflix allows me to marathon TV Shows and Movies where I will be able to watch many more for the time period.

e.g. PS now: 5-10$ game takes 30-50 hours to complete.
Netflix - in 30-50 hours you can watch entire seasons of TV shows or 20-30 films?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, video games are very time consuming. I can't guarantee finishing more than 2-3 per month. Sometimes more if I have A LOT of free time. However Netflix allows me to marathon TV Shows and Movies where I will be able to watch many more for the time period.

e.g. PS now: 5-10$ game takes 30-50 hours to complete.
Netflix - in 30-50 hours you can watch entire seasons of TV shows or 20-30 films?

No offense but your reasoning is just "Well it doesn't work for me." Everyone is not like you, fortunately.

Also not a lot of games take 30-50 hours to complete.

It all comes down to media preference but I think it's not that bad a deal. Considering people easily pay $15/mo for WoW or just other services in general (I mean I pay $10/mo for Spotify), $15/mo for games isn't ridiculous.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
No offense but your reasoning is just "Well it doesn't work for me." Everyone is not like you, fortunately.

Also not a lot of games take 30-50 hours to complete.

It all comes down to media preference but I think it's not that bad a deal. Considering people easily pay $15/mo for WoW or just other services in general (I mean I pay $10/mo for Spotify), $15/mo for games isn't ridiculous.

Yeah I agree. Maybe a few people will benefit from this service but it lacks mass-appeal at the moment as I really cannot see myself, or the general population, completing more than 3 or 4 games from PS Now given I still want to play new titles from this generation.

How many games do you plan to play per month on PS Now? 5? 6? 7? If so, get it. But even then, it probably works out better to get the games second hand and be able to sell them on. With PS3 game prices so low, I can just not justify paying for a subscription service with subpar performance when I can buy the actual game for a bargain price.

HOWEVER, the exception for me is the Vita. Making these full featured consoles games portable and playable via Wifi anywhere is HUGE. But sony have decided to delay rolling out subscription for that because they don't care about the Vita.

A yearly subscription of 180 dollars could land me a WHOLE library of permanent games on Steam during a sale. It just too much money IMO given how cheap PS3 games are.

Tiffani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking for myself, this doesn't interest me. It's great for those who want it, but it's too much money for me considering the time I have to play games these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1