Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
psnowsub.jpg
Sony have just announced a new subscription plan for the PlayStation Now service. Starting on January 13th in the US, initially for PS4 only, gamers will be able choose from two subscription plans: one month for $19.99, or a three-month package for $44.99. The sub will give unlimited access to a huge library of PlayStation games and is a much better option for gamers over the original pricing structure which was largely shunned by the gaming community.
PS Now is yet to launch in Europe.

Reactions: djavs

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Neat. I was really hesitant to do anything with the service as it stands now, as timed rentals really did not cater to varying taste and desires. They still need to offer something in the way of a free trial too before forcing somebody to put down any money just to find their internet is too finicky or something to do game streaming.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I wonder how much it'll cost them for 12 months, perhaps $70-80.

Meh, I'd rather just get the original games for the consoles than use this overpriced service.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They've definitely taken a step in the right direction but the price still needs to be knocked down a bit or include PS+ subscription within that price

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The offer sounds reasonable enough for me to care more about the PS Now Service. Now it needs to arrive EU and I'll definetely gonna check it out for a month.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
WHY THE FUCK ARENT THEY PUTTING THIS ON VITA???

anyway awesome from Sony.

to anyone wanting it on PS+, don't be ridiculous.

i think the pricing structure is okay given the sheer amount of titles which would be available. i'd love to give this a try for 3 months or so and just kill off a shit load of old titles on my vita on the go.

if they can make this even cheaper, they are onto a winner. ATM i still think buying the games might be cheaper than this service (180/a year... for 180 i can buy quite a few old games)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Fantastic. A subscription-based service that gives you access to a library is far better than renting titles for ridiculous fees. They're on the right track here, I'm liking this.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally don't have a strong advantage to play these games on PS4 as I have a PS3 and can emulate most of the older titles.

However playing them on the Vita is huge as portability is a big thing for me. PS+ can really turn the game around and possibly even influence the Vita's popularity too if they push it and advertise it properly.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
oh shit and sony have done it again

50/3 months is not great when you can now buy about 10 PS3 games or that price second hand.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
190.76 a year including tax -_-'

I usually spend about 200 a year on games, but that usually includes games that have gotten price drops (both temp n perma) and DLCs for games I enjoyed.

On top of that the ps3 has some of the worst servers ever seen. NO THANKS SONY!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely a good step, but I wouldn't mind if they also included the option to rent individual titles one at a time. If there's just a few titles that I want to play from the last generation, it seems to me that that would make more sense as long as the prices are kept reasonable.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they add a yearly sub, I may consider this. I think around $99 a year would be fair. It would seem to be in line with psn plus yearly discount.

psn plus $10 a month/$120 a year (paid month to month) or $50 yearly (save $70)
psn now paid $20 month/$240 a year or $100 a year (save $140)

the ratio is the same. (basically paying for 5 months and getting 7 free)

but considering they they charging $45 for 3 months, I have a feeling a year would prob be around $135 (once its added)

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait for the service to hit Vita before I shit my pants over it.
Especially considering I don't have my PS4 anymore >_>
If anything it'd be nice to just pop $20 and play some games I missed for a month, then cancel it, wait a few months and if I'm feeling nostalgic/they add more games, I'll buy another month.

It's not like you have to keep the sub going indefinitely, id much rather sample it throughout the year as stuff is added.

Reactions: CathyRina

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM