Gaming Play GameCube and Wii games off of HDD and Burnt Disks: Full TuT for the Noob O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tell me if the above comment makes any sense, honestly...

Yes. The above comment honestly makes sense. We want bunny to take over the world; you have helped us in our quest.

Honestly I hope you can tell me something. What is all this IOS236/hermes/d2x stuff. Can't you just have a bunch of wads (d2x cIOS ect) thrown into MMM and be good 2 go pretty much (for that part at least)?

Here: http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-g...llation-guide-original-wii-consoles-only.html <=== look at -download and installation/offline instuctions

edit: what's the difference between lets say, using the Tutorial you linked using ios236/hermes/d2x installer <==== (all kinds of crazy stuff), and just throwing the d2x v10 beta53alt wads into MMM Tell me smart guy. Because I don't have a clue if they are basically doing the same thing or not. Help me out here.

Because that's exactly what I did after a nand restore (+ a dios mios wad), and the few GC/Wii games i checked loaded fine off of my HDD.

I must be missing something because why on earth would the TuT you linked to me even exist anymore if you could just throw derm wads in MMM XD, say something.

Right after I did the above, I thought that this couldn't be. So just in case I threw a bunch of cIOS and IOS wads in from a hack pack and installed them all. that being said read the below...

The only thing you could say that would make any sense to me would be:

1. You are right

2. The wads you installed (from a hack pack) stay installed even after a nand restore (to right after letterbombing). So that's why things were still working after you installed the d2x cIOS wads (damn, I didn't check if games launched right after nand restore).

3. A lot of games wouldn't have worked properly or at all if you check more games and or didn't just boot them to progressive selection on and off/ or wii remote warning screen rather than play them lol

Yes, you can have a whole bunch of wads thrown into a folder together. Also, WiiHacks says to download v8 to 10 of d2x. There's not much difference between the tutorials, except GAF tells you to install v8 on your Wii since 10 is still a beta version. So, yes, they are doing the same thing.

Custom IOS's are part of your hardware that lets you install wad files in your Wii. I've never had to install anything again to load my games and they all work fine. (except for my GC games...) Why would you need to restore your NAND? I didn't do that; I just backed it up in case my Wii bricks itself.

So, when I say you should follow GAF's tutorial to completely mod your Wii, I mean it. Here's what I did: I erased all the files off my SD card, except the homebrew channel, and loaded all the programs he said to. It's the most perfect tutorial ever. Everybody has bits and pieces of the tutorial, like WiiHacks with their d2x, but GAF brings everything together. Please feel better now; you sound pretty shaken.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know how to get DIOS MIOS to load my games from the hard drive. Yes, send your tutorial to someone else. I've tried to figure it out for a few months now; blech.

If you want instructions for loading GameCube games from your USB device, then you've come to the wrong person. :wacko:

un4gettable47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do not know how to get DIOS MIOS to load my games from the hard drive. Yes, send your tutorial to someone else. I've tried to figure it out for a few months now; blech.

If you want instructions for loading GameCube games from your USB device, then you've come to the wrong person. :wacko:

un4gettable47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

un4gettable47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Here: Ask them what you need in these forums: They might need to know what is on your Wii system: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended...tart-here-basic-introduction-wii-hacking.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there