Hacking Planning to get a new Flash card thing but...

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all flashcarts will stop updating. This is a fact. No team goes on forever until you die.

well if that wasn't the right answer you were looking for, DON'T ASK US.
We are not the flashcart team, and we do not have direct access to them, so how will we know ??
It's just hope.
But I gotta say, even though cycloDS is the best flashcart out there, you never know when the team will stop updating it. Why?
NOBODY KNOWS. Not even the team knows. Unless they can use their magical powers to predict the future and see how things will go on, NOBODY in the world will know.
Maybe nintendo will do something to them. Maybe they can break up because of an internal conflict. Or maybe they lose their devkit somehow?
NOBODY KNOWS.
Just get it, and hope they won't die.
biggrin.gif

kingkevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psycho, why are u such a bitch? Hes JUST asking a question, be nicer. You need to get out and box or something. Get all of this fustration out of you.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the cyclo is in no way the BEST card out there, i find it funny everytime i read that comment. the cyclo is good because it works very well and has a paid team to support the firmware updates. personally out of my 8 flash kits i find the acekards to be the best. however they suffer from loader game fixes, and if smiths and normmatt give up the firmware will die out. so to answer your question, yes if you spend 50$ on a flash kit expect that one day it will not work. I only got about a year out of my r4 before the team dropped support and stopped making the kit. however, i have an 8yr old gba kit that i still use ever day. you should pick a kit that has good support, good build quality, and with minimal problems. if you can code in asm and c, then pick up an ak2 for 12.99. even if support gets dropped, you could always write the firmware updates yourself. if you just want to drag/drop and play without the need to understand or tweak options get a cyclo. no matter what you do read the review section on this site and do some google searches.

finally, the r4 has in no way "stopped working" it just lacks firmware updates for the loader. so recent games may or may not work, sometimes the arm7 patch will fix an issue, other times it doesn't. what would be nice is if the r4 team leaked the source for the firmware......

-another world

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.leetmod.com/scdsone-sdhc-englis...pack-p-123.html

$29.99 for SCDS1 SDHC + Kingston 2GB MicroSD + FREE Hori Screen Protector (One of the best screen protectors around from what I've read.)

This is probably the best deal you'll find anywhere for a decent flashcard. Apart from Cyclos DS, this is the 2nd best flashcard on the market (In some cases people will argue that the SCDS1 is actually better but I'll skip any debates here.) that has everything you'll need to get started. The manual and firmware can be downloaded from Supercard's website.

Apart from that, yea, look into one of the lesser cards. I'm not sure if I'd recommend an Acekard however, been alot of rumors those break fairly easy... Also Dealsextreme while a fairly reliable site with free shipping their shipping times have been known to be very long. Up to you if you wanna pay a little under the average price for a card but wait 2-3 weeks (Or more if you order during the holiday seasons.) to get it.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ kingkevin
what the hell is wrong with you? why do you think every post I write up is a flame? I have no absolute flaming done in my answer, and I tried to answer deeply and thoughtfully. that was a serious post I posted, and I did NOT flame.

all flashcarts will stop updating. This is a fact. No team goes on forever until you die.
that was my actual answer. No flaming, no name calling, and no offensive terms. I wanted to make an absolute answer of how flashcart teams will die out no matter what. What's wrong with answering? well nothing. so let's continue.

well if that wasn't the right answer you were looking for, DON'T ASK US.
same here, no flaming. I'm trying to tell him that if the above answer was not what he wanted, then there was no other information we could have given to him. Isn't that true? Well do YOU know when the cycloDS will stop updating? no. That's what I was stating in this line.

We are not the flashcart team, and we do not have direct access to them, so how will we know ??
further explaining the line before

It's just hope.
This isn't flaming either, and I wanted to say how you just needed to live with what we have, while hoping they won't die out during the period you are going to use it.

But I gotta say, even though cycloDS is the best flashcart out there, you never know when the team will stop updating it. Why?
NOBODY KNOWS.
Is this flaming? NO. Was I mean? NO. These lines are trying to explain that how we, nor anybody else knows what will happen to the flashcart teams. Do you know? well I think you don't, and I think not even costello, or dice, or sinkhead knows either. Not even the flashcart team themselves know.

Not even the team knows. Unless they can use their magical powers to predict the future and see how things will go on, NOBODY in the world will know. Maybe nintendo will do something to them. Maybe they can break up because of an internal conflict. Or maybe they lose their devkit somehow?
This is not flaming either, and this line was to explain how even the team does not know what will happen to them. This sentence is supported by the next, which gives examples of what can happen to them. still I see nothing mean up to here.

NOBODY KNOWS.
Just get it, and hope they won't die.
final concluding sentences, summing up that we do not know if the current top selling flashcart teams will die out, and how if he gets a flashcart, he should just hope it won't die.

If you were not as ignorant to actually read my post, then really you should just take time and read over it.
I really don't need any apology, because mistakes always happen, and you might have accidentally misread something, but all I tried to do was to explain thoroughly so the asker will clearly understand my answer, and no conflict will arise.

Was I ever mean? well no.
Was I ever nice? probably not, because this was a serious answer. but i did not try to be offensive, and I only tried to answer with the most detailed answer.
If you find my posts offensive, then read it over, and try to imply a different meaning from it. None of my answers (except to beve/hexane) were meant to be offensive, and if you find my detailed answers offensive or threatening you somehow, you can just PM me asking why I post in such "language".
I'm not trying to offend you in any way, I am only trying to make a point of how you didn't understand my answer how it was intentionally supposed to be understood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol