Hacking Planning to buy DS - Wich one?

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I finaly decided to get a DS.
I'm new to the world of handhelds ( had a GB classic back in the day..) and flash cards.

Here's the thing:

If I want the to play GBA games am I better of getting a DS-LITE with a Slot 2 flashcard combo?
Can I play SNES, NES and other emulators on a DS-LITE?

Or should I get a DSi with a Supercard TWO?

Also is the compatibilty for GBA etc, equal, better or worse?

3DS is out of my price range I'm afraid.
Also the DSi XL/LL I don't like.

Thank you for any help!

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should get a Ds lite with a slot 2 since all you want is gba and snes and nes. Nes emulation does pretty much any games, and Snes emulation is good except for a couple like Super Mario RPG unless you get something like a supercard. As far as I've heard GBA emulation isn't very good on cards like supercard so your better off with a slot 2 on a ds lite.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ Technik:

What would be a good Flashcard?
I've looked a the Mi3 Zero with the slot2 expansion pack but, is DS compatibility any good.

Or should I get a EZ flash 3 in 1 Slot 2 card with a cheaper DS flash card?

Can you give me some recommendations?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, all flashcarts that are made for the dsi (XL) also work with DS Lites (and phats), this includes the DSTwo, Acekard 2i, R4i (insert random word), and anything else.

The two recommended flashcarts are the Acekard 2i (about $20) for if you just want a simple DS flashcart that can run all games and homebrew, and the DSTwo (about $35) which has a CPU built in that allows for a GBA emulator without an EZ Flash 3-in-1 and an improved SNES emulator, as well as some other DSTwo specific homebrew. The DSTwo also has a real time menu which allows for save states (save at any point in a game), slowmotion, text game guides, real time cheat activation/deactivation, and free cheat (make your own cheats).

The supercard dstwo's GBA emulator is solid, it runs most all games with only a few slowdowns (this is only if you correctly set up v1.21 with game_config.txt)

however if you need perfect compatibility, you'll want to go with a Lite and get an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 and use GBAExploader, this can work with any flashcart, including the dstwo

for NES, any flashcart can use nesds and play almost every game perfectly, same for GBÂ with Lameboy

SNES emulation is ok on regular flashcarts with Snesmulds, however CATSFC for the DSTwo has better compatibility

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And that game stick i'm tired of mentioning