Hacking Placing rinCheat path under *ALL causes almost all apps to freeze on boot. Any easy way to recover?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,537
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi all,

So I was setting up rinCheat just now, mainly for the screen streaming feature, and the first thing I did was place the plugin path under a single title ID in the taiHEN config (I used Treasure Park (encrypted) to test it out).
After I tested it out and saw that the net module failed to load, I decided to try out several other apps already installed to see if they might enable the net module menu. I thought it might be a good idea to place the plugin location under *ALL in the config so I didn't have to keep wasting time going back and forth to the config every time, so that's what I did.

The other apps I then tried were FIFA 15, Minecraft, and Gravity Rush, but they never managed to get Net Module working either, so I just had enough of the plugin since I then realized the compatability list for the streaming feature on Github was a bit shit, and that none of the games/apps already installed to my Vita were compatable anyway... :wink:

So here's the problem now: I attempted to open up VitaShell to try and revoke all the changes I made to the config, however the app just gets stuck on bootup.
I tried opening some other homebrews and even system apps, but they were just all the same; stuck at the boot screen...

I also just remembered as well that I heard you can hold the R button in the HENkaku installer to reset everything. However, for some stupid reason, I have held R at least 5 times while trying to reinstall the exploit, and nothing whatsoever has been reset. What gives?!

Is there any easy way at all to recover from this? I could always back up my memcard from CMA, format, then restore, but even then that feature doesn't back up everything. I just have way too much stuff set up which it won't back up for me to resort to that... :(

If anyone could help me out here that'd be great!

Last edited by ,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The only way I know of is by holding R to reset everything. Make sure you're holding it before it enters the bootstrap installer (so when it switches from the web browser to the installer). I'm not sure if you have to hold it the whole time, or only during that switch.

D

Deleted User

OP
The only way I know of is by holding R to reset everything. Make sure you're holding it before it enters the bootstrap installer (so when it switches from the web browser to the installer). I'm not sure if you have to hold it the whole time, or only during that switch.
Yeah, conveniently after I opened this thread I tried it once again just to double-check; I held down R as soon as the text appeared in the bootstrap installer, and it managed to reset the config.
I kept it held down throughout the whole installation process just to be sure.

I must have been holding down the R button too soon or too late...

Thanks for the clarification anyway. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, you hi too