Homebrew PKMN-NTR: Real-time memory editing program for Pokémon games [WIP]

StaunchMight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an error ocurred while reading data from 3DS RAM when trying to start the soft reset bot for Giratina, what could this be?

Edit: When i check "resume bot" it soft resets once, then the program crashes.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y509xl06z51u3h6/20170319195532_pkmn-ntr.txt?dl=0
That happened to me as well with Palkia. For me though, I followed the bot's steps and disabled the pss and saved right after before resuming the bot which allowed it to work like normal.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That happened to me as well with Palkia. For me though, I followed the bot's steps and disabled the pss and saved right after before resuming the bot which allowed it to work like normal.

Followed steps. Still when starting both without resume ticked = RAM error

Starting bot with Resume box checked = 1 soft reset > disconnect

Flugschwein

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I really like your tool but there's one minor issue I have. As a 2DS user debugger isn't enabled by default because of using mode3 NTR. When I try to connect to my DS I always forget to enable the debugger and the message when failing to connect doesn't tell me to enable the debugger. This took me 10 minutes to figure out when I first used your tool.

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone, I've been pretty busy the last few weeks so I haven't had time for check this.

Thanks for the reply!

My wifi is pretty good and I leave the n3ds in pretty close proximity to it, so I'm not sure that's the problem. Even so the error keeps persisting. The error has happened about 50 times in a row. So I've got some logs. From what I can glean from the logs, the bot seems to fail to read the pokemon data. Same thing happens when I try resuming the bot.

Here's 2 logs, 1 from a fresh start and the other from being resumed from the error (in the battle). I'm obliged by your assistance.

Can you please state which pokémon are you trying to soft-reset, it seems it tries to read pokémon data when there isn't any
an error ocurred while reading data from 3DS RAM when trying to start the soft reset bot for Giratina, what could this be?

Edit: When i check "resume bot" it soft resets once, then the program crashes.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y509xl06z51u3h6/20170319195532_pkmn-ntr.txt?dl=0

The only thing I can see is a connection error, does this happen every time? Have you tried to use other bots?

What is this error?

I get this everytime the soft reset bot runs for 30 to 40 mins max.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/epun1bo84h7k0tg/2017-03-20 19.38.14.jpg?dl=0

It seems a NTR error, can't do anyting for it.

Reactions: RustInPeace

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone, I've been pretty busy the last few weeks so I haven't had time for check this.

Can you please state which pokémon are you trying to soft-reset, it seems it tries to read pokémon data when there isn't any

The only thing I can see is a connection error, does this happen every time? Have you tried to use other bots?

It seems a NTR error, can't do anyting for it.

I tried mirage island bot too, and although that one works, after 20 min i get an error on screen of the 3ds.

So either bot fails after 20 minute or so. Is there anything i can try to fix it? On request i can get the error again and make a picture.

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried mirage island bot too, and although that one works, after 20 min i get an error on screen of the 3ds.

So either bot fails after 20 minute or so. Is there anything i can try to fix it? On request i can get the error again and make a picture.

You could try to switch NTR version or use BootNTR Selector instead of BootNTR (or viceversa).

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
New version is up: https://github.com/drgoku282/PKMN-NTR/releases/tag/3.3.6293

Don't have my 3DS right now, so I couldn't test these changes, please report any bugs.

Added:
  • Wonder Trade Bot (Gen 6 and 7): Added basic Ribbon checking, will reject any pokemon holding a Country, World, Classic, Premier, Event, Birthday, Special. Souvenir, Special, Wishing, Battle Champion, Regional Champion, National Champion and World Champion ribbon, will also reject eggs.
Changed:
  • PKHeX.Core: Updated to 20170318. Most recent commits will break compilation.
Fixed:
  • Bots: The bots will no longer try to clone pokémon when the read failed, should get rid of those Object reference not set to an instance of an object errors.

Last edited by drgoku282,

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I ran into a problem here i want to use the bot the wonder trade shiny tapu koko but you have to take the ribbon off for it to trade hence the program not trading it because it thinks its illegal

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I ran into a problem here i want to use the bot the wonder trade shiny tapu koko but you have to take the ribbon off for it to trade hence the program not trading it because it thinks its illegal

Yes, you need to remove any special ribbon it has or the game won't allow you to trade it. However it will be marked as illegal in PKMN-NTR due not having its ribbon. To fix that issue you or somebody else here need to modify a line in the source code and then build it again to allow the trade of illegal pokémon.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, you need to remove any special ribbon it has or the game won't allow you to trade it. However it will be marked as illegal in PKMN-NTR due not having its ribbon. To fix that issue you or somebody else here need to modify a line in the source code and then build it again to allow the trade of illegal pokémon.
It would be a good idea to have the option to turn the legal check off and on so if you want to trade illegal stuff that does go though the hack check you can

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,
Reactions: FRALU

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It would be a good idea to have the option to turn the legal check off and on so if you want to trade illegal stuff that does go though the hack check you can

I've decided not to implement such feature, it increases the likelihood of noobs trying to trade illegal pokemon, breaking the bot.

Reactions: RustInPeace

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well it does not matter if its legal really legit players don't want hacks at all even if their legal so you might as well add it also if they can trade an illegal pokemon it also means the illegal pokemon can be traded back again so it would not break the bot the hack checks bad so only really bad illegal pokemon will have problems

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

PlayGameTom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
What are the fields: Egg Seed and Legendary Seed exactly here for?(I'm new into this program and RNG,sorry if that's already been asked :D)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I used apollo save tool to activate my ps3 offline so i could play a game that...