Hacking PKGi PS3

xYuunax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
PKGi PS3 is a PlayStation 3 port of PSVita pkgi.

The pkgi-ps3 homebrew app allows to download and install .pkg files directly on your PS3.

https://github.com/bucanero/pkgi-ps3/releases

by: bucanero

71187586-1acaf400-225e-11ea-9531-b18af20be10d.png

Reactions: Flame and CORE

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent touched my ps3 for a long time, just found out about this today and tried to install but i get an error saying it cant find config.txt.

yet in my directory /dev_hdd0/game/NP00PKGI3/USRDIR i have:
pkgi_tools.txt
pkgi_themes.txt
pkgi_managers.txt
pkgi_games.txt
pkgi_emulators.txt
pkgi_dlcs.txt
pkgi_demos.txt
pkgi_avatars.txt
EBOOT.BIN
config.txt

id upload an image of the error or say what it is word for word, but my living room tv had died this morning so had to drag tv out my games room.

i had no issues setting this up on my Vita ages ago, not even sure if thats had any improvements since.

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
I have a Rebug 4.85 I havent used in ages and really want to install this, but I understand there is a step that requires you to sign in to PSN in order to "Activate Game" at least once, but since im on 4.85 I cant do that.

How should I go on about it please, I'm a bit confused, no clear info out there. I do not use HEN, never had.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Rebug 4.85 I havent used in ages and really want to install this, but I understand there is a step that requires you to sign in to PSN in order to "Activate Game" at least once, but since im on 4.85 I cant do that.

How should I go on about it please, I'm a bit confused, no clear info out there. I do not use HEN, never had.

If PS3 can do CFW go with that. If not then Hen. Update to 4.86 OFW then proceed as normal. PKgi works on CFW and Hen so it works on all models.

Reactions: HitchensRIP

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
If PS3 can do CFW go with that. If not then Hen. Update to 4.86 OFW then proceed as normal. PKgi works on CFW and Hen so it works on all models.

My problem was that my ps3 was never linked to a PSN account before and hence I could not "Activate it" as requested by PKGi

I created a new account specific for this modded console, activated the console and it's all good now.

As said, I was a bit confused.

Thanks the same,

Reactions: HollowGrams

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im going to have another look at this tomorrow, last time I tried, eventually managed to get it to download and install games.

But once installed, they said the games needed activating.

Been trying to figure out what is wrong, I assume this is just downloading the game but no license or is it rap files they are called

Been trying to find a solution to that but cant find anything, what I do find is I think this is right, you need an active psn account/profile for it to work properly.

Isnt it risky having an active psn account online, risk of you getting banned.

Also, the ps3 I bought many years ago was already modded because I couldn't be bothered to mod it myself after my launch ps3 died.

Used to know how to install ps3 cfw like water off a ducks back, but now, I cant remember fuck all.

So the question I have now is, what do I need to know in order to get pkgi installed and running properly.

I dony know what cfw it is on, but I have seen I think 4.89 is the latest cfw, which I am sure my ps3 is below this firmware.

So is it worth me updating my firmware to 4.89 and installing this cfw, is the cfw instant boot where it will boot into cfw on power on, or do you need to run the exploit each time you power on

I also think my son who is 8 and autistic has a slim ps3, confident that its OFW is below 4.89.

Can I install cfw onto the slim console and set pkgi up so all I have to do is download and install games directly onto his console.

Because he is a twat when it comes to disc based games and no matter what I do or say, he never puts them back into the cases and keeps losing the game discs or they end up damaged.

I am not a fan of digital only content, but for him , this could be the solution so all of his games are installed onto the ps3 hdd and he just boots them.

Does the console need to remain online for these pkgi games to continue working, so I can disable his Internet and prevent him from accident downloading and installing OFW updates.

Or can you keep the console online and have firmware updates blocked like you can on the ps4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: