Hacking PKG File is Too Big

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PKG file that is over the 4 gb limit for external hard drive transfer. Is it possible to split this PKG into two separate files and then have a program on the ps3 itself combine them into one so the PKG file could then be installed? And if so how could this be done.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is you ps3 hackied?

you may need to have it on the PC (on an ntfs drive)

ftp to ps3 internal hdd, in the right pace

I would honestly prefer not to use an FTP service. Is there a program I can install on the PS3 which could take the split PKG files and then combine them together?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would honestly prefer not to use an FTP service. Is there a program I can install on the PS3 which could take the split PKG files and then combine them together?

Using FTP to gain access to the internal HDD of a PS3 is pretty much the easiest way.
It's also the quickest.

Reactions: Langin

JeySee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Download PS3Splitter for Pc, it will split your +4gb file into smaller 1gb files. Copy the folder with the files in it via Multimans file manager from your external usb onto your Ps3 and it will merge automatically back into your +4gb pkg.
Then select your pkg with the File manager and you should be able to install it.

Don't forget to delete the pkg from your internal after installation or you're wasting space. ;)

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can repack your pkg using this guide .
If the pkg is retail PKGVIEW might not extract it. In this case use ps3 psp pkg decrypter & extractor.
Just split your files in 2 folder ;make sure you have the base files and usrdir folder containing eboot.bin in both pkg or it will not work.
that way you can keep your install pkg on your external.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)