Hacking Pimp My Wii 1.32

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Where is the source not that i would need it i just mean i´m pretty sure it uses open source code
wink.gif

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the readme.txt it says You can copy the IOS-WAD-Files to the root of an SD-CARD or USB-Device for offline-installation.

My question:

How does Pimp My Wii uses these WAD-Files?

For example if the IOS in the wad files are not trucha signed and i choose to trucha sign the IOS, does Pimp My Wii unpack the wad trucha sign it and repack/apply it? Or does Pimp My Ride blind install the wad-files?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMFAO!!! it wants you to delete a IOS rather than the author just have it not check that IOS or figure out why it crashes. that sounds like a good idea. i guess it's a good thing IOS70 doesn't make this crash, too.

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
LMFAO!!! it wants you to delete a IOS rather than the author just have it not check that IOS or figure out why it crashes. that sounds like a good idea. i guess it's a good thing IOS70 doesn't make this crash, too.
Are You talking to me?

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuxxi said:
In the readme.txt it says You can copy the IOS-WAD-Files to the root of an SD-CARD or USB-Device for offline-installation.

My question:

How does Pimp My Wii uses these WAD-Files?

For example if the IOS in the wad files are not trucha signed and i choose to trucha sign the IOS, does Pimp My Wii unpack the wad trucha sign it and repack/apply it? Or does Pimp My Ride blind install the wad-files?
Could anybody answer that? Maybe the author?
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I still don't get the purpose of this...there's DOP-IOS MOD, a great App which can do all the things this can, probably even more, and better. Shure, you can now yell at me "BUT IT'S N00B-Friendly!!!", but hell, if you don't know that much about your Wii, and simply let an app do the work, you shouldn't hack it. Hacking isn't "Press a Button and done", it involves research and knowing what you are doing...and that's why I think this app is gratuitous.

And now, that this Post isn't pure rant:
@fuxxi: It will unpack the WAD anyways, because this is how WADs are installed. If you now say you want the Trucha-Bug, it should apply it (if the App works like promised).

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmmm. I would try this, but I don't want to have to delete IOS 202, so i guess I'll have to pass.
Maybe the author can get this issue figured out in a future release.

Great idea for a program though
smile.gif

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
I still don't get the purpose of this...there's DOP-IOS MOD, a great App which can do all the things this can, probably even more, and better. Shure, you can now yell at me "BUT IT'S N00B-Friendly!!!", but hell, if you don't know that much about your Wii, and simply let an app do the work, you shouldn't hack it. Hacking isn't "Press a Button and done", it involves research and knowing what you are doing...and that's why I think this app is gratuitous.

And now, that this Post isn't pure rant:
@fuxxi: It will unpack the WAD anyways, because this is how WADs are installed. If you now say you want the Trucha-Bug, it should apply it (if the App works like promised).
What exactly are You going to tell me by Your posting?

I dont want to use DOP-IOS MOD, as You dont want to drive Mercedes. I know everything about my Wii and I can do all manually. But this is easy and fast.. perfect. You know.. this saves time (which You have too much it seems), so I can do other things instead.

This app is perfect.. if You know, what You are doing and dont have as much time as "Blue-K"!

Btw I use Dop-Ios MOD for special things it fits.. but for an untouched wii Pimp my Wii is just what You need
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time