Picofly AIO Thread

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Just to satisfy my curiosity, and for the benefit of others, can you list your instruments? Microscope, soldering Iron etc..
I dont know the brand or model of the microscope. I can just tell you its a decent to good one. Its a mechanical / optic one. Not those digital camera cheap stuff. As for soldering iron im using a BAKU BK 878l station. Dont know the brand of flux or soldering material but i can tell you its good quality. It's my friend's tools.

Reactions: RedFawkes

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
I change hwfly to raspberry pi pico and when press power boton yellow light blinking only no boot... I think the mmc need reball.or some thing is short...

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I change hwfly to raspberry pi pico and when press power boton yellow light blinking only no boot... I think the mmc need reball.or some thing is short...
So why do u think a reball would help?

Did u heat the emmc with a hot air station?

If not reball isn't gonna help?
What dat0 adapter did u use? Are u sure it was set properly?

No wenn u say it doesn't boot , does that mean it doesn't boot hekaute or not boot at all?

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
So why do u think a reball would help?

Did u heat the emmc with a hot air station?

If not reball isn't gonna help?
What dat0 adapter did u use? Are u sure it was set properly?

No wenn u say it doesn't boot , does that mean it doesn't boot hekaute or not boot at all?

I dont use heat ever..
It is not boot at all
The dat0 that come with hwfly oled
And the reading is 0.674 v
Befor the chip star boot cfw it was end with red the problem is if clk short with cpu shell it coz damge cant be fix coz the mistake forgot add soldring mask... Two time try boot CLk point touch cpu shell.. Or the adapter is short with dat1.im sure that chip is end to boot cfw hekate if that clk was cover with soldring mask.first dead oled!!!

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I dont use heat ever..
It is not boot at all
Befor the chip star boot cfw it was end with red the problem is if clk short with cpu shell it coz damge cant be fix coz the mistake forgot add soldring mask... Two time try boot CLk point touch cpu shell.. Or the adapter is short with dat1.im sure that chip is end to boot cfw hekate if that clk was cover with soldring mask.first dead oled!!!
Never thought CLK signal short to ground(by accident) would cause the board dead.
I fixed CLK touching the APU shield once, with HWFLY installed but that was luckily maybe.

Reactions: Danook28

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont use heat ever..
It is not boot at all
Then there is no reason for u to reball the emmc , I don't know why u as a installer would think that would help ever u should know better then that is u offer installs u should at least have a little technically knowledge...

I don't know what dat0 comes with the hwfly chip....I guess its gonna be a cheap one then if that's the cause u probably shorted dat0/1 and corrupted the emmc....

Or u really shorted something with ground I mean if I where u I would check the power ICS like maxs for shorts.

Reactions: Danook28

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a diode reading of 700 on my multimeter when set to diode mod on the DAT adapter. My understanding is that my reading should be between 0.5 and 0.8 so how am I getting 700?

I need someone to help me out before I solder the dat adapter.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I am getting a diode reading of 700 on my multimeter when set to diode mod on the DAT adapter. My understanding is that my reading should be between 0.5 and 0.8 so how am I getting 700?

I need someone to help me out before I solder the dat adapter.
beacause your meter shows diode reading digits in mV by default and most others in V. So 0.7V=700mV

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Do I need to solder ground for instinct? Sthetix doesn't do it in his tutorial.
I don't know the schematic of instict.
The ground always mandatory to be connected.

It might took the ground from the cpu flex cable.
Use multimeter to check the continuity of the instinct gnd with the switch gnd to make sure of it.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the schematic of instict.
The ground always mandatory to be connected.

It might took the ground from the cpu flex cable.
Use multimeter to check the continuity of the instinct gnd with the switch gnd to make sure of it.

I read the comments on the Sthetix video and he says that the CPU cable provides ground.

Assuming all multimeter values are correct, does that mean the mod chip is going to work?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I read the comments on the Sthetix video and he says that the CPU cable provides ground.

Assuming all multimeter values are correct, does that mean the mod chip is going to work?
What do you means by 'multimeter values are correct'?

To make sure the gnd connected, just check the continuity (or resistance ohm) of switch gnd and instinct board gnd.

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Then there is no reason for u to reball the emmc , I don't know why u as a installer would think that would help ever u should know better then that is u offer installs u should at least have a little technically knowledge...

I don't know what dat0 comes with the hwfly chip....I guess its gonna be a cheap one then if that's the cause u probably shorted dat0/1 and corrupted the emmc....

Or u really shorted something with ground I mean if I where u I would check the power ICS like maxs for shorts.

Not the cheap kind it looks like the original kind I have the link to the purchase site confirming that. I will check the power ic for a short.
Post automatically merged:

Never thought CLK signal short to ground(by accident) would cause the board dead.
I fixed CLK touching the APU shield once, with HWFLY installed but that was luckily maybe.
I have checked clk reading 0.502v from the same point and it is not connected to the ground, but I will check the points again.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you means by 'multimeter values are correct'?

To make sure the gnd connected, just check the continuity (or resistance ohm) of switch gnd and instinct board gnd.

If I check all points with multimeter and I get the correct values, does that mean the mod chip is installed properly?

beacause your meter shows diode reading digits in mV by default and most others in V. So 0.7V=700mV
I am getting a reading of OL after soldering the anchor points on the dat adapter. I am no longer getting the 700 I was getting before soldering down the anchors.

= is long pulse, * is short pulse:

=* D0 is not connected

Check all of the leds indicators here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/post-10090767

To the rp2040 be able to detect the point, it has to have 300-800 in diode mode if i'm correct.

I have points A,C,D at 350.I read that they are supposed to be 500-800.

My 3.3 is at 700, but I refuse to believe I soldered all my points wrong. There is too much consistency in my numbers.

Would it be okay to turn on the switch if those 3 points are at 350?

I have a Hynix nand.

Last edited by Blakejansen,

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Today my new resistors reached me. I changed them. Now i got this beautifull "no sd card" screen. I only booted heckate and it seems to work allright? I forgot the screws at my friend s place and cant really put it back together to fully test it. Hope i did a good job and i wont have problems in the future. Im quite proud of myself :) First try. Or second actually but YEAH :D
Special thanks to @jkyoho and @RedFawkes for helping out.

I was looking at the hwfly chip rp2040. I see they dropped the price quite a lot i remember it was like 50$ now its 23$ or something like that. Looking back on it it mightve been worth it to just buy the hwfly and not have to deal with what i had to do with this picofly.
I saw a very interesting thing in the item description . They mentioned that picofly is unreliable and burns your chip (did not specify what chip). From what i searched about this topic i was not able to find anything about it. It would make sense if they lied about it in order to make their product look better , but they also present this problem over their old versions of hwfly chips. What is going on?

Attachments

• 356881996_577118461292083_5577505176719534442_n.jpg
    356881996_577118461292083_5577505176719534442_n.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 356854334_659959382721951_7543572524255214076_n.jpg
    356854334_659959382721951_7543572524255214076_n.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by Crung,

RedFawkes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Today my new resistors reached me. I changed them. Now i got this beautifull "no sd card" screen. I only booted heckate and it seems to work allright? I forgot the screws at my friend s place and cant really put it back together to fully test it. Hope i did a good job and i wont have problems in the future. Im quite proud of myself :) First try. Or second actually but YEAH :D

I was looking at the hwfly chip rp2040. I see they dropped the price quite a lot i remember it was like 50$ now its 23$ or something like that. Looking back on it it mightve been worth it to just buy the hwfly and not have to deal with what i had to do with this picofly.
I saw a very interesting thing in the item description . They mentioned that picofly is unreliable and burns your chip (did not specify what chip). From what i searched about this topic i was not able to find anything about it. It would make sense if they lied about it in order to make their product look better , but they also present this problem over their old versions of hwfly chips. What is going on?

Well done Crung!!
To be fair though Jkyoho deserves all the credit for spotting the resistor error.

Regarding the HWFly claims about the Pico, I highly doubt there's an issue. We'd have heard about it by now on this forum if there was any substance to such claims.
This sounds like marketing spin from a team desperately trying to cling on to relevance.
With my, admittedly limited, understanding of how the glitch is delivered I believe it's simply a signal sent at the correct moment at startup. I don't think any any chip is continuously active during use beyond the initial boot.
I also doubt there's anything significantly different about the glitch signal being sent by any of the available chips (happy to be corrected on this).

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well done Crung!!
To be fair though Jkyoho deserves all the credit for spotting the resistor error.

Regarding the HWFly claims about the Pico, I highly doubt there's an issue. We'd have heard about it by now on this forum if there was any substance to such claims.
This sounds like marketing spin from a team desperately trying to cling on to relevance.
With my, admittedly limited, understanding of how the glitch is delivered I believe it's simply a signal sent at the correct moment at startup. I don't think any any chip is continuously active during use beyond the initial boot.
I also doubt there's anything significantly different about the glitch signal being sent by any of the available chips (happy to be corrected on this).
You can check the source code if you're curious ;)

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

good to see u getting it work .

well with the hwfly chip u wouldnt have any support not even from the seller.

that is the reason why hwfly 2040 chips are not supported in the picofly threads, they steal the idea and the firmware from the community then turn around and sell the chip with preflashed firmware (wich was created cause of this community) then they turn around and say the picofly rp2040-Zero,tiny and all other supported boards damage your switch.

Even after they make a good amount of money after selling a hwfly rp2040 set (they make atleast 15$ on each sell) they dont even give u proper support when u have a issue.

then there customers turn around and go back to the community who made all this possible and ask for help.

Just buy the chips that are support by this community and do it that way if u need support from other people when u run in issues

• Wow
Reactions: QuiTim and Crung

Perseu5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with an install. I've modded many switches with no issues, but this is my first picofly. I checked in diode mode and all seems good. However on boot I get *==, No emmc cmd1 request (Poor Wiring, Bad CPU), and it boots straight into OFW. I will say I accidentally had RST and 3V switched at one point and was getting the RST not detected error. But now I dont know whats going on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fynx_HD

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know why but the picofly still lights up green even after the Jumper. I tried it on both chips..

Attachments

• rn_image_picker_lib_temp_c9bae22b-8e5b-4983-b694-72daaae2cd0c.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_c9bae22b-8e5b-4983-b694-72daaae2cd0c.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230722_184640_Gallery (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20230722_184640_Gallery (1).jpg
    899 KB · Views: 21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i already did
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Kenny didn't watch the Nintendo Direct, right?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, btw i already asked this a bit ago but you werent there so im asking it again. have you ever wore skirts before, and if you did, how does it feel?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why am I going to waste an hour when I can read Chary summing it up for me in ten minutes
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes I had done. Was great, but never done it again since.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or watch the trailers individually
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, why not?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Lost interest.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, The trailers are all on the Nintendo YT.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, for me its the opposite, im interested in skirts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw going to sleep in 10 minutes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And a photo of my mom's tits are saved in your phone
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, still not
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Psi still has plenty of uremum's photos on his phone.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm good night
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Police probably interrogated him, asking if the pics were hot.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone's phone gets taken by the police what are you doing on yours :mellow:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Excuse me sir, are these naked pics of kens mum?" ...yes officer. "Cool, can you send me those"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn by now you'd think Ken's mum would be in your auto fill category must be slacking
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It be more like this: Police Officer- "Cool, let me show you the ones I have on my phone."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sure your phone has a 1:1 copy of Diddy's
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The 'P' in Diddy stands for EPstein.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You were warned by the government not to install the diddy rom img went and did it now you got take down notices
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You were warned by the government not to install the diddy rom img went and did it now you got...