Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Actually not. What are the other options?
Its simply read voltage,

https://github.com/rehius/usk/blob/6530fd9fe58980ea03d47905bad5e871b9439b7a/main.c#L64
Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 07.53.40.png

The Voltage of dat0 must between 1.8V +- 0.2V alias 1.6V ~ 2.0V

Lets assume your flex did connected CORRECTLY to the emmc dat0 ball, then you might check the continuity of the enameled cable from it to the resistor. And check the resistance of the resistor to check whether its Open Circuit (broke).

If the flex is okay, the cable is okay, the resistor is okay, and lets assume the rp2040 is okay.

Then maybe its rare scenario, in the past its also happened,
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/page-653#post-10244019

Try to measure the voltage of the dat0 voltage in rp2040 pin.
For this scenario i have calculate based on the datasheet, should be around 1.6V +- 0,35V or 1.25V to 1.95V.

If your measurement shows on that range, maybe the firmware source code need to be change.

I attach firmware for this change if you might to try it out (v200.76)
a.png

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    105.3 KB · Views: 18

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done about 20 of those (with green reball adapter) - most boot quick, some a bit slower. seems quite random. the worst one (up to a minute boot time) was fixed by changing mosfet position.
I’m using the flex cable. Any suggestions?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I’ll have to give it a try when I run out of cables. How’s your oled running that you reballed? Mine takes about 10-20 secs to boot into hekate. Which is the slowest I’ve ever seen.
Every boot, the firmware will use existing 'Saved Point'.
If the 'Saved point' somehow failed to glitch then it will try to found another point which could and save it.
The next boot, will try those saved point, and if its failed, it will find another point, and so on, and so on.

So ideally the more you reboot it, the more faster it get. Since the firmware have a bigger list of 'Saved point'.
Try to reboot it again and again. The glitch time should improved.
If it didnt then something hardware-wise is unstable and changing the point randomly.

This "Point" is directly about the timing reference. So the number one suspect of unstability is the CLK.

Krdza93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Dude what the heck, it looks like you took this console out of the dumpster. It's going to be a miracle if it worked.
Its not me who did it, it was a guy I paid for, but when I saw what he did, I actually regret it.

The error code literally means that the rp2040 doesn't read the correct voltage on the dat0 point, which means it's either not connected to anything or shorted to ground somewhere along the way.
Think I will change a chip by myself to v6 with flats, as this looks awful.

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
1699712749815.png

This oled broke after 1 month. No power. I did a reflow and it did not fix it wich leads me to think the problem could be somewhere else. When randomly checking the caps, these caps are shorted to ground with the emmc on, and without the emmc on. When i tested a known good motherboard, i should not have a short there. Where do those caps lead to? What size are they in case i want to replace?

d.b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
View attachment 403855
This oled broke after 1 month. No power. I did a reflow and it did not fix it wich leads me to think the problem could be somewhere else. When randomly checking the caps, these caps are shorted to ground with the emmc on, and without the emmc on. When i tested a known good motherboard, i should not have a short there. Where do those caps lead to? What size are they in case i want to replace?
first , remove the caps and check if the short is still there

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 403855

They filter/stabilize the vcc (3.3v) supply for the emmc. i would guess some other chip on your 3.3v rail has broken - perhaps your rp2040 or the 3.3v wire to it?

radius611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me where to look to fix the below error code in 2.7.3?

• =*= CPU never reach BCT check, should not happen

My install worked fine aside from no wifi at first. I fixed the wifi issue, and now I can only boot without the picofly installed. Do I need a new pico fly main board? I checked the solder spots on the cpu and they appear fine.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
View attachment 403855
Got this from hassal links
View attachment bottom.jpg

• Love
Reactions: QuiTim

RigoHoward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey guys, i installed an rp2040 on a v2 nintendo switch, a few weeks ago and everything was working fine until yesterday.

i turn on the console and notice it boots directly to the sysnandofw (it was configured to boot to emunand cfw)

I take off the back cover and i noticed on boot sequence the rp2040 leds show blue light, green light and then 2 long yellow pulses and one short yellow pulse.

According to github it could be a mosfet problem, but since i used an hwfly cpu flex, i dont know exatly how and what to check.

Looking at my microscope, the solder joints on the cpu caps looks good, and also the cable from the flex its properly soldered to the 2 central pins

The installstion uses 0.2mm enameled copper wire, i use the resistors too. For 3.3v and gnd inused kynar cable
I did a video of it

RigoHoward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
WHERE is the cable to the 3rd resistor(CLK)?
Hi, its routed from the left side of the resistor and then beneath the rp2040 board (trust me its there) and connected to its proper point on the switch mobo

I used enameled 0.2 wire except for gnd and 3.3v, and as i said before this was working for several months until a few days back

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, its routed from the left side of the resistor and then beneath the rp2040 board (trust me its there) and connected to its proper point on the switch mobo

I used enameled 0.2 wire except for gnd and 3.3v, and as i said before this was working for several months until a few days back

My best guess: your cpu-mosfet wire has had the insulation peeled off against ground somewhere

RigoHoward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
My best guess: your cpu-mosfet wire has had the insulation peeled off against ground somewhere
Ok so its probably the flex cable fuck*d up, right?!

Well i think i will be getting new flex because i think my microscope isnt good enough to try to solder directly from the mosfet :s

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 403855
Why in the hell would u add UV mask directly under the emmc.
When u set a dat0 point always us UV mask above the emmc and not directly underneath, if u do that ur gonna have issue cause the emmc will never sit properly instead its gonna lay on the UV mask

Reactions: superxoi

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dat0 is reading 400. 500 is what you should be looking for right? Ive had my readings say 480,490 and even 470 but never a 400. Is this bad? Ive tried reseating it but its the same scenario. This is the 4 anchor version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches