Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice, Iam using 100 ohm on data0 having slow glitch (4-5s most, rarely 2-3sec).Will switch back and see
I should do the same. In that video, it glitched fast, but I tried it a couple more times and it took an exact MINUTE. I think I'll double the 47s on dat0 as well.
Post automatically merged:

This brings up a question I’ve been meaning to ask. What sets a fast-glitching install from a long one? Is it related to how skillful the modchip was installed?

Last edited by FreeLander,

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
bed-time.gif
That is the new chip no need resistor mate.

RTXbothunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hi everyone i have an issue with a v1 patch i always get **(tow short yellow lights) i change and wires 3 time, change the rp2040, and the flex 2 times, y try with firmware 2.6 and 2.7, i dont know what really try to have runing

Reactions: Danook28

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Hi everyone i have an issue with a v1 patch i always get **(tow short yellow lights) i change and wires 3 time, change the rp2040, and the flex 2 times, y try with firmware 2.6 and 2.7, i dont know what really try to have runing
Your wiers short??? All point read good????

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
That is the new chip no need resistor mate.
You really think I would ask that question? Tut tut tut

0b49bc49ac578eb8500be1caae55788a.gif

This brings up a question I’ve been meaning to ask. What sets a fast-glitching install from a long one? Is it related to how skillful the modchip was installed?
I'm sure I read the length of wires makes a difference. This is a timing mod and exploit after all. Plus manufacturer of the nand chip.

Last edited by Takezo-San,

Seco_Gobbo2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everybody.

I saw some installation posts here with only one mosfet on the back of the board, but only on oled models.

Is it possible to do this installation with only one mosfet in the V1 models?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hello everybody.

I saw some installation posts here with only one mosfet on the back of the board, but only on oled models.

You could do it to all type of switch.
The D mosfet are connected to the 1V power output from Max77620.

Reactions: Seco_Gobbo2

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Hello everybody.

Look back properly. People have shown it done with Lite too. Not only Oled.

roxzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes Ammeter to check if there is power draw - also check your lcd connector for damaged pins
Thanks for this, I never thought the lcd connector would be the problem since I had the no sd screen and blue screen before. But I verified the soldering on the SP1 pads and a wire had come loose. Fixed that, reattached picofly and actually got successful glitch (blue then short yellow), but nothing on screen. I guess after removing and reattaching the board to diagnose I seem to have damaged the connector, maybe with the tweezers. I tried the fiber glass brush but still no continuity on the multimeter.

Two questions:

Since the pico manages to glitch as far as I can tell, how dead may the console be? (Checked all the caps around both chips you mentioned and found no shorts).

And also, it's not possible for a bad connector to cause a blue screen, right? It would either display or not display, not throw an error, right?

EDIT: Third question, I just found out that if that ribbon is gone, so is the whole lcd. Any way to use jumper wires to fix that scratch?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230710_063117_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20230710_063117_Discord.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20230710_062831.jpg
    IMG_20230710_062831.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by roxzii,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Thanks. When do you say ok this one needs a two? If persistent with check mosfet error and boots to OFW?
I've prove by data that, adding mosfet or changing the resistor value, wont affect the glitching time.

So just like what i always said in the beginning, 1 mosfet is enough.

If the glitch didn't happened, than problem lay on other aspect.

cowboy619

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this, I never thought the lcd connector would be the problem since I had the no sd screen and blue screen before. But I verified the soldering on the SP1 pads and a wire had come loose. Fixed that, reattached picofly and actually got successful glitch (blue then short yellow), but nothing on screen. I guess after removing and reattaching the board to diagnose I seem to have damaged the connector, maybe with the tweezers. I tried the fiber glass brush but still no continuity on the multimeter.

Two questions:

Since the pico manages to glitch as far as I can tell, how dead may the console be? (Checked all the caps around both chips you mentioned and found no shorts).

And also, it's not possible for a bad connector to cause a blue screen, right? It would either display or not display, not throw an error, right?

EDIT: Third question, I just found out that if that ribbon is gone, so is the whole lcd. Any way to use jumper wires to fix that scratch?
Most of the time if you getting black screens then the connector is damaged. Check the connector on the board the ribbon is not that clear so cant see - maybe its glitching but we cant see cos the screen error

Reactions: roxzii

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles

Two questions:

If the pico has glitches successfully then that's a good sign the switch is good however the next step is to check and fix that lcd connector.

I will be working on a switch lite myself that has a blue screen and then no screen. Found a burnt pin on the lcd connector. Will attempt fix and let you know if blue screen is gone or if that lcd connector removes no picture.

I will say, the real test is to get rid of blue or black screen. Then see the no sd pico logo and then....check with sd card if it boots into hekate. Ways to go but so far, good work 👍🏻

Reactions: roxzii

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I've prove by data that, adding mosfet or changing the resistor value, wont affect the glitching time.

So just like what i always said in the beginning, 1 mosfet is enough.

If the glitch didn't happened, than problem lay on other aspect.
Also use thinner enamel wires on oleds, except for the 3V and gnd. Thicker wires can (and have) result(ed) in unsuccessful glitches for oleds.

• Haha
Reactions: cowboy619

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello!
I tried the backside FET method on OLED, but all i get is this error:
"CPU always reach BCT check (no glitch reaction, checkmosfet)"
I'm using the IRFHS8242. Already tried another FET incase it was broken but still same.
Using fw 2.73.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20230710_134701.jpg
    IMG_20230710_134701.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 37

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hello!
I'm using the IRFHS8242. Already tried another FET incase it was broken but still same.
Using fw 2.73.

Any suggestions?
The S part need more solder.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Also use thinner enamel wires on oleds, except for the 3V and gnd. Thicker wires can (and have) result(ed) in unsuccessful glitches for oleds.

No. Quit bullshitting, thanks.

Hello!
Using fw 2.73.

Any suggestions?

I would measure the G/cpu point on the rp2040 and make sure it isn't shorted to ground somehow.

Reactions: Takezo-San

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__