Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Browbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
No offense but I don't see why you would potentially derail this thread over this instead of just asking on reddit. There's a subreddit for literally everything. This isn't even remotely related to the topic we're discussing :/
Thanh for suggesting. Im not familiar with reddit. I tried to find schema for hours and most of subreddit regarding to my keyboard is on “protest” mode to fight against reddit.
Shall you suggest where or what site i can ask for infomation? Thanks

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
HELP. UPDATED MY 2.67 PICOFLY TO 2.74 AND NOW ITS YELLOW. what is the meaning of this?
Post automatically merged:

HELP. UPDATED MY 2.67 PICOFLY TO 2.74 AND NOW ITS YELLOW. what is the meaning of this?
also 2.74 is broken. had to reroll back to 2.67

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you update picofly v2.67 from toolbox, you could rollback from toolbox as well. If rollback doesn't solve the Emuemmc issue, then it should not be related to picofly fw.(I doubt initially)

frozenboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Thanh for suggesting. Im not familiar with reddit. I tried to find schema for hours and most of subreddit regarding to my keyboard is on “protest” mode to fight against reddit.
Shall you suggest where or what site i can ask for infomation? Thanks
Inbox me, I could give you some advise

TinoL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
before getting an OLED with picofly, with the V1 I used a homebrew (payload launcher) to launch payloads directly from hbmenu. now with the oled it doesn't work for me, do you know a way to start these payloads? for example I would like to start fusee to boot directly into Atmosphere

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
yes , u can also check m92 and and pi or usb for shorts if there are shorts then ur switch doesnt boot

but whats the issue with the board sinc eu that the bq chip was defektive?
like i said its normal that it gets warm since thats the charging ic
Yeah i start feeling heat on that ic chip. But no short around it. What is the other chip you say you want me to read.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
before getting an OLED with picofly, with the V1 I used a homebrew (payload launcher) to launch payloads directly from hbmenu. now with the oled it doesn't work for me, do you know a way to start these payloads? for example I would like to start fusee to boot directly into Atmosphere
with the oled u need a modchip and a sdcard prepared with the correct files.
if u need info about the sdcard google for rentry switchhackingiseasy

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hekate autoBoot

Ganesha0112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello friends.

Is there a way to use only one mossfet for the 2 caps on the CPU on a patched V1 erista? I see a photo some days before but im not sure if it’s possible

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If you update picofly v2.67 from toolbox, you could rollback from toolbox as well. If rollback doesn't solve the Emuemmc issue, then it should not be related to picofly fw.(I doubt initially)
hello kind sir, what does yellow mean. just 1 short yellow. but i had a minor problem. it booted to OFW like just pressing start and does fuse count mean something?

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
hello kind sir, what does yellow mean. just 1 short yellow. but i had a minor problem. it booted to OFW like just pressing start and does fuse count mean something?
If you're talking about the one yellow flash after blue light glitching sequence, thats the glitch success sign from v2.73 fw. And toolbox fuse count does not matter, only mismatch fuse from HOS/Switch has impact on the software/homebrew you use.

Check the changelog, and stay with the working fw
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/post-10090767

AceCuba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hi guys, I'm having a weird problem, I have a lite, tochiba emcc the pico on fw 2.74 glich to hekake atmosphere without problem, no slow emcc no emunand, but it randomly goes from cfw to ofw. Can you tell me what to check thanks

Last edited by AceCuba,

cherup

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to test my new external USB ports but not sure how to connect to an desoldered RP2040 USB port ?
Can anyone help me with that ?

Attachments

• 20230617_162622.png
    20230617_162622.png
    382.3 KB · Views: 19

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I want to test my new external USB ports but not sure how to connect to an desoldered RP2040 USB port ?
Can anyone help me with that ?
When rp2040zero port at top:
5th from left is D+
5th from right is d-
1st from left/right is ground(or use any c-port leg standing pot
2nd from left/right is VBUS(V)

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

meeebro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have been getting this error code on a new picofly install: =*** eMMC init failure

I have been reading 0.7V on dat0, but I reseated the adapter just in case and I still get the error. If I disconnect dat0 from the picofly i get =* D0 is not connected instead.

Is this a sign of a bad dat0 adapter/connection or could something else be causing the issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs