Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good afternoon I ran into an interesting problem.
Switch OLED (FW 2.67). DAT0 adapter, the contact is well soldered. Diode test value 0.800v. Same value when pin is already soldered to rp2040 Zero (wire 0.1mm).
Approximately once a week at the next reboot of the switch, I get the yellow color of the LED and it loads only in OFW.
I check the contact to the ground in the DAT0 diode mode and I already get about 1.500v. Strange.
I just unplug the DAT0 wire from rp2040 and immediately solder it back. Immediately a diode test shows the correct 0.800v. Everything works fine again until the next similar event.

I tried to change the wire from the adapter to rp2040 to a thinner one, I also changed the resistor (the correct one is 47Ohm), but the problem repeats regularly.

Some kind of mysticism, any ideas why this happens and how I could avoid this in the future? Can I replace the rp2040 board

what dat0 adapter are u using ?

is it set properly ?.

not sure what the issue is but i would get rid of that dat0 adapter and eather use a 4 anchor or set a perm adapter and reball the emmc

Makc16384

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what dat0 adapter are u using ?

is it set properly ?.

not sure what the issue is but i would get rid of that dat0 adapter and eather use a 4 anchor or set a perm adapter and reball the emmc
i'm using 4 anchor adapter and it's installed correctly.

trixter

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
first of all clean ur flux after soldering

second use shorter wires for ur mosfet , what wire diameter is that ? looks like 0.1mm if thats the case u need atleast 0.2mm wire

also u can use 0.1mm wire for 3,3v specially if u use 0.1mm for ground then also use the same wire thinkess for 3v
somehow there is problem with firmware. initially flashed 2.72, but after post tried to flash 2.67, instaboot! Problem solved.

Reactions: Dee87

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Today i learning on dat0 adapter.

Here is the problematic dat0 adapter

photo_6289788861655659974_y.jpg

Distance between two black lines is 1mm.

While the distance between pin in the ic is 0.5 mm according to the datasheet.
datasheet1.png

So based on the picture its definitely going to get short circuited with the neighbour pin, when put into the right place :lol:

Here is the pinout from the datasheet.
datahseet2.png

So maybe some that succeed using this DAT0 adapter they place it wrongly by shift it a little bit left (right if working on the pcb),
Because pin no2 is NC (Not Connected). While people whose place it correctly or shift a little bit to right, will got pin no4 short circuited.

This is my analysation, and i am gonna try to shift the adapter to the left pin (right shift if working on the pcb).

ThiagoDaruma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, is this dat0 position fine? The diode value is .62v

View attachment 372589View attachment 372588View attachment 372587
It's exactly the same model that I have here. did you have success with it? I haven't tested it yet.
Post automatically merged:

well, I had some damaged chips here and decided to test it closely
Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-05-20 à(s) 10.17.21.jpg

the serigraphy seems to be completely wrong, it needs to position the flat to the left. where the 3.3v serigraphy is almost below the emmc

even so I would make 2 cuts on the sides of the connector, to make it thinner. I did a test with the scalpel and it looks like I got a good result. now just decorate exactly the best position.

Last edited by ThiagoDaruma,

Makc16384

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So maybe some that succeed using this DAT0 adapter they place it wrongly by shift it a little bit left (right if working on the pcb),
Because pin no2 is NC (Not Connected). While people whose place it correctly or shift a little bit to right, will got pin no4 short circuited.

This is my analysation, and i am gonna try to shift the adapter to the left pin (right shift if working on the pcb).
That is, if I take a pointed wire and carefully stick it between 2 and 3 points (shorting them), should this work?)

raksmey1231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
hello guys, I installed pico on my switch oled and worked normally but now when i restart it, it did not show anything and when i took out sd card then it showed NO SD. I had boot it to Ofw and it tuned into blue screen. Anyone know the problem and solution? pls help. thank you

Attachments

• msg903604801-38017.jpg
    msg903604801-38017.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 68
  • video6289406411541579729.mp4
    11.5 MB
  • video6289406411541579731.mp4
    21.4 MB

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Good afternoon I ran into an interesting problem.
Switch OLED (FW 2.67). DAT0 adapter, the contact is well soldered. Diode test value 0.800v. Same value when pin is already soldered to rp2040 Zero (wire 0.1mm).
Approximately once a week at the next reboot of the switch, I get the yellow color of the LED and it loads only in OFW.
I check the contact to the ground in the DAT0 diode mode and I already get about 1.500v. Strange.
I just unplug the DAT0 wire from rp2040 and immediately solder it back. Immediately a diode test shows the correct 0.800v. Everything works fine again until the next similar event.

I tried to change the wire from the adapter to rp2040 to a thinner one, I also changed the resistor (the correct one is 47Ohm), but the problem repeats regularly.

Some kind of mysticism, any ideas why this happens and how I could avoid this in the future? Can I replace the rp2040 board?
I had exactly the same issue with an oled model. It was not the dat0 adapter. Until now all the oleds i have done with proper quality dat0 adapters have not failed yet. It was some flux residue that i had forgot to clean from the motherboard. Clean all of your points very well before assembling the console. Also use only no clean flux!

cowboy619

Trophies
XP
Country
hello guys, I installed pico on my switch oled and worked normally but now when i restart it, it did not show anything and when i took out sd card then it showed NO SD. I had boot it to Ofw and it tuned into blue screen. Anyone know the problem and solution? pls help. thank you

Boot into full stock and reset the switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm going to cover everything with solder mask, I just want you guys to evaluate the quality of my work. Would you be comfortable turning on the switch with this? I'm pretty happy with it but would love to hear from you.

Any test to assess I can do to the MOSFET work is appreciated.
IMG_7067.JPG

IMG_7070.JPG

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello. I'm going to cover everything with solder mask, I just want you guys to evaluate the quality of my work. Would you be comfortable turning on the switch with this? I'm pretty happy with it but would love to hear from you.

Any test to assess I can do to the MOSFET work is appreciated. View attachment 372656

View attachment 372654
Shorten the wire from the first cap please :-) otherwise looks good

I was trying to remove the type C port and pads are also gone with it🙂🙂. Will it work?
No need for the pads anymore

I was trying to remove the type C port and pads are also gone with it🙂🙂. Will it work?
No need for the pads anymore

Reactions: bilalhassan341

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Any test to assess I can do to the MOSFET work is appreciated. View attachment 372656

View attachment 372654
Looks good but check the red square for short between S and G
To be safe, I would sugest to wire the G as in blue line

Yes, I removed all of them on my first install 🫣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230520_161220_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230520_161220_Samsung Internet.jpg
    983.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Love
Reactions: bilalhassan341

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello, I bought a replacement motherboard and it came with this defect, does anyone have an idea what it could be?

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 48

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
His current issue is that he cannot get his computer to recognize the RP2040 over USB at all.

More confusion for you "picotool" is a computer utility to dump firmware from rp2040's.

Picofly_toolbox is a tool that is run from Hekate on the Nintendo Switch after you have completed a successful hack.
Using cheap USB cables will not do anything with pico to pc transfer/recognition. I had to use the nintendo official usb that comes with the dock to get it to recognise my pc. might help!?

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using cheap USB cables will not do anything with pico to pc transfer/recognition. I had to use the nintendo official usb that comes with the dock to get it to recognise my pc. might help!?
Even the cheapest USB cables will hook up voltage and ground, so at the minimum I was expecting some kind of lights from his board if the USB port was hooked up properly.

raksmey1231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Boot on first boot up. Hold vol+ then power on or run ofw from hekate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i cannot boot into hekate when sd card not remove, i just got black screen. when sd card were remove, it showed NO SD card and then i pressed vol+ and vol- i got blue screen

Attachments

• video6289406411541579745.mp4
    47.7 MB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__