Canada

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
the one you put on your switch v2 has no resistor
No, it doesn't.
The thing is that the gate voltage needs to be removed/stoped in order for mosfet to close.
Someone asked this question earlier and Rehius explained that the firmware has some line of code that deals with this matter so there is no need to add this resistor but seing as there are many variations in installations it wouldn't hurt to maybe add it.
I mean, if the guys who are already having this issue are willing to try this solution it would be a win-win for the comunity.
Mine is working fine for now but it only went to 3-4 power cycles since i've done the instalation so I have no way to tell.

jv_233

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't.
The thing is that the gate voltage needs to be removed/stoped in order for mosfet to close.
Someone asked this question earlier and Rehius explained that the firmware has some line of code that deals with this matter so there is no need to add this resistor but seing as there are many variations in installations it wouldn't hurt to maybe add it.
I mean, if the guys who are already having this issue are willing to try this solution it would be a win-win for the comunity.
Mine is working fine for now but it only went to 3-4 power cycles since i've done the instalation so I have no way to tell.
So in my case (I’m using a cpu sx lite flex) not much I can do? Or maybe adding a resistor to the cpu point on the pico board do anything?

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So in my case (I’m using a cpu sx lite flex) not much I can do? Or maybe adding a resistor to the cpu point on the pico board do anything?
Unfortunately you are right. The flex already has the resistor.
And no, that resistor (if placed) needs to bridge the connection of S and G so you should not add it to cpu point in the pico.
But, on the bright side I guess this confirms Rehius's statment (not that we ever doubted him :) ) that there is no need for that resistor in this installation.

Attachments

• 20230418_162500.jpg
    20230418_162500.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 58

jv_233

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately you are right. The flex already has the resistor.
And no, that resistor (if placed) needs to bridge the connection of S and G so you should not add it to cpu point in the pico.
But, on the bright side I guess this confirms Rehius's statment (not that we ever doubted him :) ) that there is no need for that resistor in this installation.
Got it, so hopefully later there will be a firmware update that might fix this? I mean having to power flush the switch 1 out of 40 times is no big deal and I’m not entering this oled in a glitching completion any time soon lol!

• Haha
Reactions: QuiTim

Kire32

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi I am new doing this kind of things and I started following the Lightninjay’s guide.
After a few hours I managed to solder all the wires to its corresponding locations. Follwing the schemes and pictures provided.
My problem is when I plug In the battery and tru to turn on the system.
The Led turns on blue for a second and then it turns to pink, for another second or two.
After that, the screen remains all black but I can hear from the rp2040 a beep that never stops. I disconnected the battery and checked with the multimeter and yes, all the main pins are isolated.
I attach some photos of my installation (I know it’s horrible) and I hope some of you can help me to fix this.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 18968B81-B887-4A7C-AAC5-C36B35205DBB.jpeg
    18968B81-B887-4A7C-AAC5-C36B35205DBB.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 9AAD42FF-C6A1-4148-8C2C-6C03C3DFAE72.jpeg
    9AAD42FF-C6A1-4148-8C2C-6C03C3DFAE72.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 46
  • FEFBCBE6-BDDE-4FE7-9B4B-AAD0EE1CD9BC.jpeg
    FEFBCBE6-BDDE-4FE7-9B4B-AAD0EE1CD9BC.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 59
  • F40A0F42-C605-4DA7-81A5-AEC5A34FEFEF.jpeg
    F40A0F42-C605-4DA7-81A5-AEC5A34FEFEF.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Wow
Reactions: susi91 and deeps

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I am new doing this kind of things and I started following the Lightninjay’s guide.
After a few hours I managed to solder all the wires to its corresponding locations. Follwing the schemes and pictures provided.
The Led turns on blue for a second and then it turns to pink, for another second or two.
After that, the screen remains all black but I can hear from the rp2040 a beep that never stops. I disconnected the battery and checked with the multimeter and yes, all the main pins are isolated.
I attach some photos of my installation (I know it’s horrible) and I hope some of you can help me to fix this.
This hurts to look at. You probably won't be able to fix this without cleaning up and redoing everything with better tools.

Looks like your CMD is bridged to the solder pads right next to it - among many other things.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Bro, there is no way to put this mildly, your installation is all over the place.
You need to clean everything and make sure there is no solder residue (i think I see some drops of solder but it might be just the picture quality).
Then clean the flux aswell and try to take some better pictures.
Also check that soldering point on the first capacitor, it does not look good (but again, it might be the picture quality).
Also check the G point in mosfet

ecko4711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, is there any other point where I can solder DAT0, 3,3v and GND for v1 Switch? I think after soldering so much I should try other pinpoints. I kind of got my switch back working and yeah when I still use the same soldering points I still get blue cyan.

jv_233

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use a flamethrower to solder your joints? Omg…

• Haha
Reactions: billybobxxx

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hello guys, check, where do I have to solder the cpu mosfet cable in the hwfly, because I have one, without the flex and I want to use it, regards...

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

MrQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I knew after some time this thread would cause this kind of thing....this is totally shocking!

nico77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
is it OK ? to use this point as alternative for GND ? (number 2 )
i saw some user using it.
is it gonna work??
GND question.png

GND alternative.png

im planning solder to micro sd cover ? is it work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    when i go to college,what do you guys think i should major?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    The Mini is even more lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my 10" tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes. Easier on my eyes than the Switch screen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My point is we already have enough shit with big displays having something pocketable with up to ps2 would be fine on the go
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a square screen and being brighter and higher res helps but it's not a cure all, text is tiny bullets are tiny, your.... Well lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a...